Bidvest
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Bidvest Employee Reviews

New Zealand10 reviews
unloading trucks
stacking shelves

picking orders

loading trucks

checking orders

learned how to drive a folklift and got my license.

management was good.

fun people to be around unfortunately my partner wanted to move back closer to home.

unloading trucks

i enjoyed the lunch breaks
Pros
free lunches, good people, good management
Cons
to much paper work for me
Bidvest, Richmond. Picker/packer, 8 hour plus shifts then xpected to load trucks. Hard yakka and no time and a half or xtra money. Nightshift boss a bully. Told me I had to load trucks yet not in my contract. When complaint to management of workplace bullying they didn't want to know me.honestly not a good culture. Staff don't back each other when needed. I would not recommend. as a workplace
I was only there for a short time and I enjoyed the hard work and hands on side of the job throughout my time there, it was a positive environment with long drives and friendly people along the way.
Pros
Free ice cream
Cons
Management at Bidvest looked after and treated everyone the same there where no favourism, everyone had their own duties and job that needed to done on time along with everyone one helping each other. The most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone helping each other from one department to another.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
very good environment and work place, Management worked together with the employees to help Bidvest grow. There was no racist amongst them, and employees were working as a team. Benefits given to employees was fair enough including 8% holiday pay, staff discount when purchasing goods from the company etc.
terrible staff and wont work there again. terrible hours and wouldnt reccomend it. sorry, have to be honest.
I have found that working for bidvest to be an enjoyable exsperience. During my time there the company has grown 3 fold. This is due to the hard work put in by sales reps and management, the packers doing thier job well and the drivers performing in an excellent manner. The hardest part of the job is loading the trucks and I do admit that the most enjoyable part of the job is getting back home in the morning.
Pros
Staff purchasing privleges
Cons
wet weather
worked with a good crew of people on Nightshift although the hours and days off meant a limited personal life outside of work.
BIDVEST es una empresa donde le dan mucha importancia al bienestar de sus recursos humanos, siempre asegurándose de que estén bien.
Los altos mandos mantienen buena comunicación con el personal. El director pone el ejemplo de trabajo al entrar a los almacenes y apoyar en tareas operativas y de limpieza, siempre saludando a todos.

Lo mas difícil del trabajo fue el tiempo libre, ya que trabajábamos 6 días a la semana con turnos de 10, 12 horas al día.

Lo que mas me gustó fue el aprendizaje obtenido, la importancia del bienestar personal y las personas que conocí.
Pros
Comunicación y comprensión de los altos mandos.
Cons
Poco tiempo libre
I thought it was great to work for management not so great but the customers and the drive to and from and the hard work that i did and seeing the smile on the customers faces fullied my day, My co workers were fantastic to work with always had your back and lent a hand when needed, hardest part of job was the physical part,
Pros
free lunches from customers and the drive on the open road in the mornings and evenings
Cons
very long hours hard physical work