Bidvest
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Bidvest Employee Reviews

unloading trucks stacking shelves picking orders loading trucks checking orders learned how to drive a folklift and got my license. management was good. fun people to be around unfortunately my partner wanted to move back closer to home. unloading trucks i enjoyed the lunch breaks
Pros
free lunches, good people, good management
Cons
to much paper work for me
Good training, good shifts and the manager stuff are good to stuff they provide free transportation, stuff loans with manageable payment plan overall great company to work for
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Worked there for 13 years started as operative , made way to supervisor within a year. Then after a further 3 years took role of joint assistant managers no manager required.Always fair and equal with all staff. Was in charge of 26 operatives.
Pros
Great work ethic and great salary.
Cons
Could always done more,if was given the opportunity ,was a Wages administrator and also payroll administration could assist when not around ,ess monthly returns
The job isnt easy its hard work and sometimes stressfull but they pay you well for it. If your looking for a job where you want to sit on a chair and do nothing all day then dont bother applying. I can only say this job is what you call a marmite job you either like it or you dont there is no inbetween in this, but me I love it.
Managers have no patience with staff... treat staff like dirt... humiliate staff... The money is okay but the hours are long and transport is a nightmare but all in all a pretty good company to work for
Great wages, but the job itself is a 2 man job. If it was drop and go, I would have stayed with them,but it's back breaking. Delivering to well known chicken outlets,with what looks like slurry all over the floor and constantly slipping,while the staff watch you struggle,is not my idea of fun. Theres also no sick pay,so if you damage your knees or back, which you will...no pay.
Amazing job if you like works very hard, the best rates of pay for drivers in the UK for only four days work a week, management is allright if you are all right
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Hard work
I enjoyed working here as it suited my home life and I could manage it around my partners work and children's school. Management rotated a lot with not much room for promotion with in, unless your face fitted. I would recommend working here.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
overtime reduced
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bidvest?
Is a good company indeed to work on and team work. Problem solving and motivating. Transport of stuff and with benefits. There's no doubts working at Bidvest.
I'm a cleaner on the main production line at Volkswagen plant,I work on the main line, cleaning and removing black sealer on car doors,and ensuring the doors are cleaned before being painted.
Picking and packing food products in a dry or freezer room situation, high paying job, afternoon shifts with long hours. Good team of people - was hard to find time with family and friends.
I am a good person because I love my job . I am the person who like the clean and neat place also like to respect time in the work place axpecial clock time in and clock time out .I make sure I amdone my work before I knock out.if there is a buzy place were I am working i s like to help guest if they ask some direction.
Don't even bother bad company to work for the men would try to hit on to me and got up set when I said no GM would ride me every morning loved it hard
What I don't like about the company is we did not have exact time to knock off. We would knock off at 00:00 midnight, but we didn't have transport that will take us home. It was risky working there.
And they really love my job because, I always smiling with everyone,even my manager love my work very much and I don't have shorttemper, wether someone talk badly with me I culm down and I apologize
It is a very challenging campaign, there is so much pressure as the targets are high because the premiums for the roadside assistance are so low and the cancellation ratio is also very high.
good environment with interesting duties and exciting learning experiences, I was recovering stolen vehicles which I found exciting and loved the pressure and vital decision making
Bidvest, Richmond. Picker/packer, 8 hour plus shifts then xpected to load trucks. Hard yakka and no time and a half or xtra money. Nightshift boss a bully. Told me I had to load trucks yet not in my contract. When complaint to management of workplace bullying they didn't want to know me.honestly not a good culture. Staff don't back each other when needed. I would not recommend. as a workplace
Working for a massive international company was a privilege and many benefits were available when needed. As a result of full time permanent position I was rewarded with various benefits. The night shift was difficult to adapt to. I worked nights for 9 months and I only recommend this position for the right postion.
Pros
Incentives and Weekend Work
Cons
Night Shift and freezer work
I did not enjoy my time here. Unless management has changed then it is not a comfortable working environment considering the management made you responsible for their mistakes.