Bloomberg
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Bloomberg Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working here but I am not sure about the work environment at the moment. It doesn't seem to be defined with the complete re-organization of Bloomberg taking over the organization
It's a good internship the people are very invested in your development and they are very good and managing interns. I think the hiring process is political
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Some of the leadership is questionable
Probably one of the best companies to work for worldwide. This can easily be explained by the large number of people who never leave once they get in. This company takes care of its employees 200%. You feel like you are part of a larger family. Been here over 10 years and it's a very stable company with a steady growth and interesting business challenges to solve. Never seen a layoff in 10yrs. The company is very smart about whom it hires and how agressively or organically it grows.
Pros
Stability, work-life balance, technology is evolving very rapidly. Awesome health and family benefits.
Cons
Not as competitive salary-wise wrt. to larger investment banks, but you make up for it in stability and higher than normal base salary.
Ambiente stimolante, competitivo e ottimi colleghi
Observe and protect the employees from getting hurt and making sure that the employees feel safe... The people around was very respectful and loving... I miss it
I am want to learn more about company polices and procedures
I love to work with fun and good team

I will spend more time to do extra works and fulfill my company targets
Wide variation in level of competence of Team Leads - some are just terrible, yet have been @ Bloomberg so long they get to manage people.
Unrealistic expectations, poor feedback and nasty treatment is permitted.
Some bosses can be passive/aggressive; at Doomberg, I had two bosses: one passive, and one aggressive. We ran a shared services operation that was abused by those procuring services and internally within the department. Most everyone working here was miserable and took it out on each other. Few allies existed to protect each other from internal politicking and backstabbing.

We were encouraged to critically analyze our process, but the results were ignored when any honesty about the dysfunction was presented with solutions to remedy them. Hostility and intimidation, doing little work but kissing butt and blaming colleagues to get ahead were common tactics. The testosterone overload is poisonous, and the pay is far below market rate.

The mixture of finance and journalism is lethally punishing since all projects needed to be completed immediately and somehow accurately. International collaborations meant you were working nonstop around the clock with calls, emails, and meetings taking place in all time zones all days of the week. Do not expect to work only 40 hours a week and have your nights and weekends to yourself undisturbed. Do not expect anyone in power to have any sympathy or desire to hear of your attempts to reconcile such an unrealistic situation.

The name of the Doomberg database, Terminal, says it all—this is the end. Terminal is a DOS-based grave you dig for yourself. Why in this millennium is anyone supporting a line-command OS with text in multiple colors on a black screen with a keyboard from 1971 and thinking it is cutting edge? If you are working on
 - more...
With very poor mgmt in place it was like the Wild west, Bloomberg takes your soul if you let it - they have their own weird processes - if you have an opinion and voice it you won't last long - they want robots!
Pros
Travel and food
Cons
Managment and work atmosphere
I am in a very niche role at Bloomberg in that I track structured finance bonds. I am part of editorial but I view myself as more of a data person than reporter. I never wanted nor do I strive to be a traditional reporter who writes long form articles. I have done it, but my day to day responsibilities include tracking down bond information and keeping volume numbers of a fixed-income market that prices hundreds of billions annually in bonds. The hardest parts of the job are tracking bond information that underwriters prefer to keep private and breaking news of a new issuer before official documents get filed. The company provides a very fair work/life balance with work from home capabilities (even pre-COVID) and I was able to do it once a week.
I worked at Bloomberg for 11 years and needed a break from them and the commute to the city. I was exhausted. My fault is that I work too hard. After a two year break I am ready to get started again.
The NC HQ was large scale for a primary environment + had a general election feel. My time here does not reflect the work environment of LP simply the 2020 campaign.
Pros
1. Compensation

2. 401K & Medical

3. Silicon Valley Culture

4. Opportunities for growth

Cons

1. Management needs to have more Leadership Qualities.

2. Entertainment & Recreation (Nothing to do)
Its the culture everyone is so easy to get along with. Great place to work. I love how everyone is so helpful. Never heard anyone say anything bad about the company
Pros
Free meals and snacks
Cons
To be honest I can't think of one.
Great company to work as a job. Not so much career options to grow once you hit your peak in a role. great perks and flat salary structure. You will love your PF contribution.
Bloomberg is a great place to work. In the close to 4 years of working here, i definitely learned a great deal about the corporate structure and how to navigate. I was also exposed to so many different teams that collaborated on various projects across the company. The only downfall is that it is a flat company. Once you get in that range of 3-5 years of experience, there is no where to go
This was my fourth presidential political campaign. Typical days between 10 and 16 long, challenging and invigorating hours. The work job required quick decision-making in a wide variety of situations and each day was an opportunity to learn and test your limits. The best parts of the job involved teamwork with a diverse group of talented and committed colleagues, and the opportunity to feel part of something with the potential to improve the lives of others.
Very good company work ethic wise and flexibility. The company is also very ethical with its philanthropies and voluntary work. Would definitely want to work here full time
Good working environment with interested leadership.
collaborative multicultural team, dedicated to the work.

Learned financial information about companies' reports
very creative workplace encouraging new technologies and offering experience in many fields. Work combines knowledge from many fields of computer science.
Great culture and overall a good company to work for. Flat hierarchy can give impressions of no upward mobility. Salary levels out after a few years.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bloomberg. Our community is ready to answer.