Bloomberg
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Bloomberg Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working here but I am not sure about the work environment at the moment. It doesn't seem to be defined with the complete re-organization of Bloomberg taking over the organization
Great organization with great benefits. Senior management is very helpful and cares about employees and the organization. Great place to start your career.
Bloomberg offers a variety of opportunities across data, sales and engineering. As a large private company and a market leader it offer good salaries (with great benefits), decent opportunities for progression (however, rarely particularly rapid one) and a friendly work environment. At the same time, it's slightly risk averse and has a large product and management legacy which are not changed easily, although Bloomberg has been introducing more new data, quant and API products recently.It will give good opportunities to get an understanding of the financial system as a whole as well as specialise in some products in a lot more depth. Sales/account management job can sometimes require long travel hours (albeit in very comfortable conditions) and be slightly repetitive at the junior level. Sales teams environment depends a lot on individual managers.
Pros
Compensation, office
Cons
Opportunities for growth or lateral moves can be limited
Working at Bloomberg was a double edged sword. They offered good benefits and a fast paced environment. However they did not believe in much work/life balance and were very anti work from home (prior to Covid). The opportunity of advancement within your team was very small and very rarely did they promote from within. More often than not they would hire from outside the company OR hire from a completely different department. There would be many platitudes about "owning your path" but very little in the way of moving up.
Pros
No healthcare premiums (all paid by company), free snacks, free meals in some offices.
Cons
Hard to advance, anti work from home
Great handles on experience I needed to gain valuable supply chain and project management skills. They jumped me into the work right away into hands on training to develop the skills I need to succeed.
The Pay rate was great and they took care of their Employees. Very Busy company a lot on data entry. They provided the outside world inside. Some people in higher position to this day I don't understand how they got these positions. If it wasn't for a Manager who acted like a dictator that job would have been the best.
Pros
Great Place to Work
Cons
To much politics and upper Management have no clue what they are doing.
● OverallMy experience working at Bloomberg was mostly data entry. These people are called analysts, but data entry would be a more accurate statement. Copy data from pdfs to the terminal. My manager was great, which made the experience more bearable
Worked as a Senior Software Engineer.Good company to advance your knowledge, new technologies.You will not be bored - very dynamic environment.Management B to A+, A mostly.Developers, management care about product they working.Fair pay, possibility for advancement.
Pros
Great financial courses, Free soup and snack, You can get any tools you need for development - immediately.
Cons
Can not think of any
Bloomberg is a great company with several compelling business lines (index products, news, media, financial products); however, the analytics department at times felt disorganized given the nature of the job. The nature being a fast-paced, stressful, highly-demanding client facing role.
Pros
Lots of free food, cool office
Cons
Monitored when off the desk; extreme micromanagement; glued to the desk; angry finance clients
It's a good internship the people are very invested in your development and they are very good and managing interns. I think the hiring process is political
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Some of the leadership is questionable
Probably one of the best companies to work for worldwide. This can easily be explained by the large number of people who never leave once they get in. This company takes care of its employees 200%. You feel like you are part of a larger family. Been here over 10 years and it's a very stable company with a steady growth and interesting business challenges to solve. Never seen a layoff in 10yrs. The company is very smart about whom it hires and how agressively or organically it grows.
Pros
Stability, work-life balance, technology is evolving very rapidly. Awesome health and family benefits.
Cons
Not as competitive salary-wise wrt. to larger investment banks, but you make up for it in stability and higher than normal base salary.
Ambiente stimolante, competitivo e ottimi colleghi
Observe and protect the employees from getting hurt and making sure that the employees feel safe... The people around was very respectful and loving... I miss it
I am want to learn more about company polices and procedures I love to work with fun and good team I will spend more time to do extra works and fulfill my company targets
Wide variation in level of competence of Team Leads - some are just terrible, yet have been @ Bloomberg so long they get to manage people. Unrealistic expectations, poor feedback and nasty treatment is permitted.
Some bosses can be passive/aggressive; at Doomberg, I had two bosses: one passive, and one aggressive. We ran a shared services operation that was abused by those procuring services and internally within the department. Most everyone working here was miserable and took it out on each other. Few allies existed to protect each other from internal politicking and backstabbing. We were encouraged to critically analyze our process, but the results were ignored when any honesty about the dysfunction was presented with solutions to remedy them. Hostility and intimidation, doing little work but kissing butt and blaming colleagues to get ahead were common tactics. The testosterone overload is poisonous, and the pay is far below market rate. The mixture of finance and journalism is lethally punishing since all projects needed to be completed immediately and somehow accurately. International collaborations meant you were working nonstop around the clock with calls, emails, and meetings taking place in all time zones all days of the week. Do not expect to work only 40 hours a week and have your nights and weekends to yourself undisturbed. Do not expect anyone in power to have any sympathy or desire to hear of your attempts to reconcile such an unrealistic situation. The name of the Doomberg database, Terminal, says it all—this is the end. Terminal is a DOS-based grave you dig for yourself. Why in this millennium is anyone supporting a line-command OS with text in multiple colors on a black screen with a keyboard from 1971 and thinking it is cutting edge? If you are working on - more...
With very poor mgmt in place it was like the Wild west, Bloomberg takes your soul if you let it - they have their own weird processes - if you have an opinion and voice it you won't last long - they want robots!
Pros
Travel and food
Cons
Managment and work atmosphere
I am in a very niche role at Bloomberg in that I track structured finance bonds. I am part of editorial but I view myself as more of a data person than reporter. I never wanted nor do I strive to be a traditional reporter who writes long form articles. I have done it, but my day to day responsibilities include tracking down bond information and keeping volume numbers of a fixed-income market that prices hundreds of billions annually in bonds. The hardest parts of the job are tracking bond information that underwriters prefer to keep private and breaking news of a new issuer before official documents get filed. The company provides a very fair work/life balance with work from home capabilities (even pre-COVID) and I was able to do it once a week.
I worked at Bloomberg for 11 years and needed a break from them and the commute to the city. I was exhausted. My fault is that I work too hard. After a two year break I am ready to get started again.
The NC HQ was large scale for a primary environment + had a general election feel. My time here does not reflect the work environment of LP simply the 2020 campaign.
Pros 1. Compensation 2. 401K & Medical 3. Silicon Valley Culture 4. Opportunities for growth Cons 1. Management needs to have more Leadership Qualities. 2. Entertainment & Recreation (Nothing to do)