Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

BNZ Employee Reviews

New Zealand14 reviews
I loved working for, it is my dream to work there again one day. The only reason I left was to relocate.
Working as a CSC was rewarding and exciting there and the systems were great to use.

BNZ are an excellent bank for its employees and customers.
Pros
Good pay
The salary is competitive at the Bank of New Zealand. The interview process was faster than expected. They interviewed using the S.T.A.R. Format, Job offer was a few days later. Overall good company to work for.
I loved it when I started, then I was changed to a different team without wanting to do so. So much favoritism by team leaders and management. If you suffer from any sort of mental illness you wont get any support and be made to feel guilty for your suffering. I was regularly given the silent treatment from my team leader. So many whispers about their treatment but I seemed to be the only one who tried to stand up against it.
Pros
Good pay and banking benefits
Cons
Toxic and uncaring
BNZ has a rich history of innovation and customer focus. they are engaging in a vast company wide push to be the best bank in NZ.
They require that the staff be knowledgeable and well grounded in the systems and products before they assist the public and have a rigorous training system in place for new staff.

The culture in BNZ is rewarding and fun. In the Call Centre they focus on getting it right first time for the customers and also to have a fun environment for the staff to work in.

All the equipment is regularly updated and maintained so that the staff are not working with substandard equipment or knowledge.

I loved the camaraderie within the work units and the outside of work antics and BBQ's.

The hardest part of the job is getting a good base of general knowledge of the systems and products to deliver the best individualised conversation with each and every customer yet keep the conversation to a 300 second optimum talk time.
Pros
Team games and regular team lunches, after work team bonding.
Cons
7.52 hour days roster from 8am to 8pm 7 days a week.
Bnz is a lovely company to work for, every store likes a big family, people help each other, I am proud of bnz and really happy that I am in this family for around 7 years now. I had 2 lovely daughters born while I am working for bnz, it's about time to try something different because I'd like to spend weekends with kids they do need mum too.
Pros
Lovely culture, good pay
Cons
Working on weekends
Productive and fun workplace with a high level of diversity. Can do culture with emphasis on doing the right things with continuous improvement and delivery.
I loved BNZ when I first started, however the culture changed drastically and became so unbearable I eventually left.

There were several cases of constructive dismissal that I heard of in my department alone.

It is truly sad to see them having gone from a great place to work to a horrible toxic environment.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
a lack of empathy, lacklustre bosses and a toxic culture
Generally speaking, marketing at BNZ is a vibrant place. The management clearly tries to maintain a good culture and achieve synergy by getting teams to work together.
Pros
Staff bank account, subsidised insurance
Cons
Instability due to regular restructures
Best work place ever but always had a dream of working at the airport either air new Zealand customer service agent or for new Zealand customs otherwise would rather keep working for bnz bank
A friendly environment
Co-workers work at their own pace

I had my role to fulfill and only needed help sometimes

This has been a good experience and privilege to work with a great team
Pros
free lunches, team members get rewarded for their hard work
This was my first taste of the Banking world and it didn't take long for me to realise that the banking culture was at odds with me personally.
Pros
Rotating shift that seemed to work
Cons
Banking culture not for me
From Teller to Lender.
Loved the lending, its exciting assisting a customer through their dream. Be it purchasing a new vehicle, going on holiday, and especially purchasing a house.

I had a customer come in one day that I was assisting the lending for their new house they were building, she had her carpet and drape samples to show me.lol I told her I only had to approve the loan, not the décor. Its very rewarding forming customer relationships, new friendships are often formed.

The best staff - an awesome team environment.

Fun and laughter.... and lets not forget blitzing targets : )
Pros
Team Enviroment, Challenges, Changes, Customers, Salary
Cons
Not many - some stress through busy times but thats all : )
- A typical day involved processing credit card applications, credit checks, answering internal and external queries, handling complaints, assessing applications for potential fraudulent applications.
- I learnt amongst other things a solid understanding of banking practices, lending guidelines, project based work, problem resolution.

- I was fortunate to work with hard working, positive, team oriented and very talented people.

- Declining applications especially long term customers.

- The most enjoyable part of the job was being in a job I loved
Pros
Working with an excellent team
Cons
Dealing with angry and unhappy customers when applications had been declined
BNZ is a fun and enjoyable place to work... has a homely environment.
Enjoyable part is one gets to meet new customers on a daily basis and staff interaction is fantastic.
Pros
enjoyable atmosphere/ many customers events
Cons
nil