BNZ Employee Reviews

Depends on where you are
Lending (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington22 August 2018
I loved it when I started, then I was changed to a different team without wanting to do so. So much favoritism by team leaders and management. If you suffer from any sort of mental illness you wont get any support and be made to feel guilty for your suffering. I was regularly given the silent treatment from my team leader. So many whispers about their treatment but I seemed to be the only one who tried to stand up against it.
Pros
Good pay and banking benefits
Cons
Toxic and uncaring
Warm working environment, lovely company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, Auckland13 June 2017
Bnz is a lovely company to work for, every store likes a big family, people help each other, I am proud of bnz and really happy that I am in this family for around 7 years now. I had 2 lovely daughters born while I am working for bnz, it's about time to try something different because I'd like to spend weekends with kids they do need mum too.
Pros
Lovely culture, good pay
Cons
Working on weekends
Productive and fun workplace
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellington Central, Wellington12 June 2017
Productive and fun workplace with a high level of diversity. Can do culture with emphasis on doing the right things with continuous improvement and delivery.
Mixed bag
Customer Solutions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington15 May 2017
I loved BNZ when I first started, however the culture changed drastically and became so unbearable I eventually left.

There were several cases of constructive dismissal that I heard of in my department alone.

It is truly sad to see them having gone from a great place to work to a horrible toxic environment.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
a lack of empathy, lacklustre bosses and a toxic culture
Not bad
Customer Insights Analyst (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland8 April 2017
Generally speaking, marketing at BNZ is a vibrant place. The management clearly tries to maintain a good culture and achieve synergy by getting teams to work together.
Pros
Staff bank account, subsidised insurance
Cons
Instability due to regular restructures
Excellent place to work at
Customer service consultant (Current Employee) –  Papatoetoe, Auckland16 September 2016
Best work place ever but always had a dream of working at the airport either air new Zealand customer service agent or for new Zealand customs otherwise would rather keep working for bnz bank
Great co-workers and fun workplace
Data Entry/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pitt st, auckland city22 October 2015
A friendly environment
Co-workers work at their own pace
I had my role to fulfill and only needed help sometimes
This has been a good experience and privilege to work with a great team
Pros
free lunches, team members get rewarded for their hard work
Not for Me
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wellington9 February 2015
This was my first taste of the Banking world and it didn't take long for me to realise that the banking culture was at odds with me personally.
Pros
Rotating shift that seemed to work
Cons
Banking culture not for me
Such a cool branch of the BNZ was Motueka Branch.
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Motueka7 March 2014
From Teller to Lender.
Loved the lending, its exciting assisting a customer through their dream. Be it purchasing a new vehicle, going on holiday, and especially purchasing a house.
I had a customer come in one day that I was assisting the lending for their new house they were building, she had her carpet and drape samples to show me.lol I told her I only had to approve the loan, not the d├ęcor. Its very rewarding forming customer relationships, new friendships are often formed.

The best staff - an awesome team environment.
Fun and laughter.... and lets not forget blitzing targets : )
Pros
Team Enviroment, Challenges, Changes, Customers, Salary
Cons
Not many - some stress through busy times but thats all : )
Forward thinking, customer focused, great work environment
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wellington24 August 2013
- A typical day involved processing credit card applications, credit checks, answering internal and external queries, handling complaints, assessing applications for potential fraudulent applications.
- I learnt amongst other things a solid understanding of banking practices, lending guidelines, project based work, problem resolution.
- I was fortunate to work with hard working, positive, team oriented and very talented people.
- Declining applications especially long term customers.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was being in a job I loved
Pros
Working with an excellent team
Cons
Dealing with angry and unhappy customers when applications had been declined
BNZ is an excellent employer, good staff support provided.
Business Banking- Centre Associate (Former Employee) –  Henderson, N31 July 2013
BNZ is a fun and enjoyable place to work... has a homely environment.
Enjoyable part is one gets to meet new customers on a daily basis and staff interaction is fantastic.
Pros
enjoyable atmosphere/ many customers events
Cons
nil