Bonaventure Senior Living

Bonaventure Senior Living Employee Reviews

3.0Work–Life Balance

Great place

Loved the community and workers. Everyday felt like another day to grow and expand. Couldn’t be more grateful fort he experience. Thank you for reading.

Beware

This company poorly managed every aspect of the company as well as the residents care. It did not matter that systems were broken and staff was overworked. Numerous reports to upper management were brushed off. I was chastised for being a parent. Ultimately I was let go from my AED position for not making enough sales cold-calls due to being too busy putting out fires around the community.

Pros

Nothing to list.

Cons

Broken management, poor treatment, toxic upper management, disconnected parent company, overhearing work expectations

Understaffed.

One due to being understaffed and managers not being professional. Coworkers are always calling in, if your a hard worker they take advantage of you and burn you out

Run!! This is a greedy, self serving company!

I worked for this company for almost 8 years and the only reason I stayed that long was the residents. The pay is low and the $ increases are few...maybe every couple of years. The residents deserve much more than this company will ever provide.

might be a scam

They tell people that hiring is very quick but in reality the chance they'll hire you is very low even if you have a degree. Be aware that if they say they'll "call you back" that automatically means you didn't get the job.

Not a great place to work

Management was very poor did not care about staff or residents. Mostly seemed like they were in it for the money and profiting off the elderly. It made me so upset.

Only for the residents

I loved the residents. However, most of the employees didn’t have work ethic at all- only maybe three people did and they all quit before I left. The staff was inexperienced and uneducated. The management lacked in providing training in every single department. I don’t even think any member of the management team had experience in management or further education in business management.

Pros

The residents were a joy every day!

Cons

No breaks, no one is willing to work, management unskilled

It's not a very good place to work

Depending on your position, expect different things. For instance, if you work in the kitchen, expect to deal with extremely difficult and some very rude people (doesn't happen every single day, but often enough) The management isn't very approachable, except for the dining services manager when I worked there. Several caregiver friends I had didn't like that position. I did see some people that did like that job, but most would complain about it and not recommend it to anyone.

Pros

Some very nice residents that will make you happy to be around.

Cons

Not good upper management

Don't recommend

Is not a good place to work at. When I worked there 2 out of three of the cooks were awful people to work with. They were really impatient and I always got yelled at. The management is not much better. If you don't finish your work on time you have to clock out and finish.

Helping residents.

While the company is run poorly, I did enjoy helping make the residents happy and feel at home. I found that corporate is unwilling to spend money to improve the quality of life for the residents and workers are overworked and underpaid.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Short-staffed and the company as a whole don't make the residents a priority.

Manager Turnover, Poor Pay, Unrealistic Expectations

Horrible management. Turnover was abundant, in the year I worked there I had 5 different managers, and one walked out and took the whole kitchen crew with her. Managers would require you to fill positions if you requested days off, often would schedule you on days that they approved you to be off and say that they never accepted it and if they did it was on accident and blamed new software. Horrible for a teenager who is involved in school and sports. At the time I was there you got paid a dollar above Min Wage since you can't accept tips in concern with taking advantage of the elderly which I understand, the wage wasn't enough to deal with difficult elderly as well as horrible management. Only positives are the friends you make with the co-workers and also the very few friendly elderly residents. Asked to cook for them and they said no rudely since I was a teen with no experience, I just wanted to learn how to make the menu items. Later went on to become Sous Chef. Don't work here please.

No support

There is no support from upper management. Lack of communication. Considerably understaffed and they are only concerned about moving people in instead of providing quality care for residents already residing there. Staff is overworked and tired. Turn over is ridiculous. They can't keep doing the same thing and expect a different outcome. They need to support their directors and care staff. Wages need to be competitive and staff need to feel appreciated. It's easy for this company to talk the talk but entirely different for them to actually back up what they say. The residents are amazing and it's truly sad to watch the lack of care. The care staff work hard and try their best but there is never enough staff to meet staffing ratios. They are working understaffed and the acuity is usually high. There needs to be serious changes in upper management before anything changes. There culture is more of a bullying culture.

Rewarding

The residents are amazing it’s extremely rewarding loved every second I spent with them working as a cna is hard work the resident to staff ratio is very small

What is the best part of working at the company?None this company is garbage What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Everything What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Hostile and awfulWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Really bsd

Please don’t waste your Time

This company is bad they do not have the proper care for their residents. They are understaffed. They truly do not care about the residents and keeping things equal and fair between memory care and assisted living. They don’t train new hire well at all. This company is going down hill fast. I feel so sad for the residents :(

Ups and downs.

I've worked here for well over a year and I've had some great experiences, ofcourse theres been a handful of ugly ones in the past but thats life. Although there are a couple qualms with management, I see no point in demonizing them for doing their job, and i believe they're doing the best they can with the mess thats been left with them from the prior management team. Some people can't handle structure and I understand that. we are mostly being overworked due to the turnover rate (which isn't uncommon in this field) but I guarantee you if you're someone who likes to stick around and genuinely enjoys working this type of work, your future residents and co-workers are the most sweetest, down to earth, and funniest people you'll ever get a chance to be around. Once in a blue moon I do get overwhelmed, but most days I feel honored to be there.

Low management help

Low paid for working hard and overworked staffing issues working doubles everyday Management don’t help they never come and help on the floor when is low staffing The residents are wonderful and nice

No good

This place was no good place to work I like all the residents but they way they treat them was no good I was sad that i had to leave because management try to fire me so I just decide to quit on my own

Fun and stressful work place

Overall fine. Understaffing is hard to deal with. High turnover rate. Long hours. Lack of organization. Fun to get to know residents and coworkers are fun to work with.

Amazing opportunity...not so great company

This population deserves more than this company can provide. Extremely high turnover rate, very "clicky". As a "regional nurse" I was expected to fulfil my job duties, as well as fill in as RN at any community in my region without one. Ended up at ONE facility for about 4 months of my 6.5 months there, Those of us that really wanted to make a difference really weren't compensated for what was done. Many went above and beyond, with little to no recognition. I don't blame the management for all of it...but the extreme lack of structure and training was a detriment to the employees and those that lived there. Being that there were binders and binders of "training manuals" and documented steps for orientation, there was rarely time for new employees to train before they were thrown into their role alone. If the company didn't have such a high turnover and such low employee moral, I would have stayed there forever.

Pros

The community! Employees that SHINE and you just know they LOVE their seniors

Cons

high turnover, low moral, high expectations/almost no training

Only good thing was residents

There is no work life balance. All they care about is money. Underpaid and over worked no compassion for others. Run away I am surprised they have not been shut down yet

Pros

Residents

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bonaventure Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Bonaventure Senior Living