Bras N Things
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Bras N Things Employee Reviews

Great overall company
I've worked as Assistant Manager for almost 4 years and I've loved it! The easy/hard parts differ based on each store and location so be careful with judging it overall - it will depend on the size of the store and who the individual Team Members are to make or break your time here! But stick it out! The company has grown so much over the time I've been here and will continue to, so give them a good chance!

The company has some pretty cool store team incentives, bonuses for Managers, and a great tight group if you have an awesome Area Manager like we do at the moment! Our teams can be a minimum for 3-4 people which makes it easy to get to them and work is a breeze if you hire hard working, passionate girls.

Downsides: Australian company, so they usually get favoured over New Zealand - can sometimes be hard to communicate with them.

Customer's ALWAYS right, (even if she's wrong)

Other than stepping up to Manager, there's not many career opportunities after that for NZ (unless you want to relocate to Head Office in Australia...which even there aren't many roles available)

Upsides: You learn so many interpersonal skills and grow yourself.

Great Team who are tight knit

Fun time at Christmas - just prepare for full days and lots of hours! Especially Christmas Eve and Boxing Day!

Passionate and great business who truly care about their customers
Pros
Incentives, Team discount, fun atmosphere
Cons
Not a huge amount of support from Australia, no pay reviews
Productive and fun workplace
Working at Bras n Things made me learn so many different skills in the short amount of time i was there ,the staff were so fun and bubbly and im bummed my time at BNT was cut short
Not many good things about the place
The training you recieve in this place is pretty horrific, almost no training and you have to figure a lot out yourself so you struggle with A LOT. For almost 3/4 of the year I was not trained to bra fit ( still not trained now ) but was expected to know how because it's all about closing the sale to them. Some co-workers are okay, same with management within the store but go any higher and they will treat you incredibly bad. If you don't make sales you are not on their good side, but it's YOUR fault because YOU didn't get the training? Terrible company to work for, ask many of the previous and current team to confirm this too. The hours you get here are not ideal for people WANTING to work, if you want to work a max of 3 hours a week be my guest and apply!!! The maximum a part timer will get is about 12 hours but this all depends on how many staff are actually working, then it goes to 6 hours and then 3. There are no opportunities to be full time at this company unless you are assistant manager or manager. Also never work around the Christmas period, you will do hours that you will not get paid for and they will make you stay until about 10pm on Christmas Eve. Also you will not get paid for any extra hours you do.
Pros
Customers are fun, the discount.
Cons
Everything else
BOW system and product knowledge database
A typical day at Bras N Things would be opening the store, opening the registers, checking the store emails, we had to phone other stores about stock transfers, fill out pick lists, I had to bank everyday and put all the recycling bins out. Then we had to check the book for calling the courier or anything extra that needed to be done for that day. It was very time consuming and had to be done everyday before the store opened and then during the work day and then followed by the end of day duties.
Pros
Good hours.
Cons
Alot to get done in a very small time frame.
Good
Good, Fun, Exciting.
Great Co Workers