Broadspectrum Employee Reviews

Great team, great people working there
Project Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Auckland6 February 2019
Leaned my trade with this company, starting as an apprentice and progressing through to leading hand and eventually to becoming a project supervisor. Working here has led me to having a great career and gaining valuable experience.

There are some great people working here some of the best professionals in the industry who promote internal workplace culture. Only negative is there is no support from upper management as they are forever changing which has continued to create a disconnect between workers and management.

I have enjoyed working here and overall I would recommend working for Broadspectrum.
productive and fun workplace
Senior Night Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury3 February 2019
Love my job and my work environment especially my colleagues and bosses which makes my work enjoyable. Alot of staff activities after work hours and get together like birthdays and dinners or just a get together for BBQ etc that involves staff and bosses alike.
Broadspectrum I can say is a great work place and staff are very well looked after.
Pros
such a great workplace
Good team enviroment
Grader Operator, Patching Foreman (Former Employee) –  Puketona6 December 2018
I actually worked at T.S.L Before they became Broadspectrum.It was a good company to work for I was employed there till I was made redundant I learnt most of all my machine operating skills off people I worked for and along side.
Pros
good hrs and overtime
Cons
was made redundant
Fun and able to learn everyday
Construction Labourer (Former Employee) –  Pukekohe, Auckland2 September 2018
A typical day at work would consist of loading your truck up every morning with the gear required to do the job you are given to do. eg Traffic Control signs, tools and/or machinery, and making sure u have the right staff to do the job. You would then have to work a minimum of 8 hours.

I personally enjoyed the construction season, as i myself being the construction laborer was able to learn and understand how roads are built. Working with Grader operators, Digger operators etc.

But overall awesome crowd to work for if u enjoy working outdoors.
Pros
Time and a half after 45 hours
Cons
Long hard working hours
Enjoyable electrical experience with amazing staff.
Electrical Inspector or Electrical Tutor (Former Employee) –  Auckland15 August 2018
A very good company to work for. I certainly gained immense electrical knowledge on high voltage network installations in new zealand. It was the start of my electrical career in new zealand.
Pros
Very good high voltage experience
Cons
High risk and dangers associated with working with high voltages
It had promise but leadership was headless
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland22 May 2018
Needed some leadership who was willing to be bold especially when renegotiating contracts with customers. Systems are archaic with little spend on the NZ business to bring technology into the business to get efficiencies into the business.
Pros
Self managed
Cons
Weak leadership
Great Company
Project Manager Distribution (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury23 April 2018
Looking for a more challenging environment as experienced with tier 2&3 companies
The culture is friendly with a great client
I am looking for larger contracts or program of works on client side
Good for job security and support from peers
Senior Commissioning Technician (Current Employee) –  Auckland NZ19 March 2018
Good flexibility with work hours. Workplace culture can be negative at times but generally is a good place to work as the field staff are supportive of each other.
Some disconnect between management and field staff.
The work is varied and often involves travel.

Does not pay in the top of the field compared to other similar contractors.
Pros
Job security
Cons
lower pay, long hours.
No Balance
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato26 February 2018
There are great people working for this company, unfortunately they don't get the chance to shine under oppressive and micro-managing superiors.

No work/life balance and every MINUTE under was counted while every minute over was ignored as it was not pre-authorised and discussed.

Treated like children with rules regarding no phones on the desks, no personal phones during work hours, no music in the office, set breaks, no swapping. Was all far too much for me.

The work was exceptionally simple data entry with great pay for what it was. You were also given the opportunity to learn different work streams once yours had been mastered meaning you had constant growth which was nice.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Treated like a child, No work/life balance
Very Proactive
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato6 February 2018
Great people to work for, good management and diverse workplace culture.

Each day was busy dealing with customers and sub-contractors.

The hardest part o the job was getting the technicians to follow the H&S Rules but enjoyed the banter with them.

Creating PO's for sub-contractors in SAP was enjoyable
Pros
Great work environment
Productive and good place to work at
Project Engineer/Manager (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury29 January 2018
Flexible work times
Very experience Project Managers
Boss is great to deal with
The most enjoyable part of the job is the successful completion of a technically difficult project.
Topsy Turvy but satisying
Design Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Tauranga, Bay of Plenty27 September 2017
I do designs UFB1, UFB2, new subdivisions, infills and Tauranga Council initiated projects for build team. Normally I manage but when 3 or 4 of these task pile up things can get pretty hectic. Everyday is an adventure because you never know what you will get. On busy subdivision months expect to get a 1 day weekend. As you can never be on top of everything if you don't spend the time to actually do it. But I don't mind working weekends as I hate negative design days under my name. Pay is good and the team I work with are the most helpful. And the customers I work are really appreciative and give good feedback if you make their deadlines. Normally my customers get brownie points with their customers for doing things on time and it makes it all the more satisfying as it gives you that feeling that all your efforts are not in vain. Best feeling in the world. Never fails to give me a smile.
Pros
You Learn a lot
Cons
Long hours. 1 days weekend . again I don't mind
Unstructured
Contact Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Wellington New Zealand31 August 2017
Needs better structure, no team leader, no management locally (only in Australia) has made the team defunct with people turning up late every day and not taking responsiblility
Pros
Some great people
Cons
The structure.
An interesting place to work
Billing support co-coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sawyers Arms Road Christchurch15 August 2017
I work at Broadspecrtum not only because I enjoy the environment and people but I felt I needed the stimulation .
A typical day is spent working with the team to determine the best way forward to complete the days tasks.
The complexity of the job means we discuss a lot of aspects of the billing procedure as the job requires us to work within the confines of the codes work the Tech will do .
the people are great to work with and we have an great time, but because Broadspectrum is a large multi national company the little people do get forgotten .
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Poor pay for the job required
In-house promotions supported
Despatch Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, New Zealand7 February 2017
Great place to work with Fantastic people.
High pressured workflow which didn't allow for work/life balance.
Long hours and minimal public holidays available due to being a 24hr, 7 day service.
Change in higher Management which impacted the teams as no support was given.
Pros
Fun people, Penal rates paid for overtime/weekend work
Cons
Long hours, minimal holidays
ok place to work,but not that satified as there is no in house training
Driver/labourer (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury24 January 2017
good guys to work for but needs more communication,there is no in house training for the new guys they employ which leaves more pressure on the guys that,s been there for a w.hile
Pros
free breakfasts
Cons
not payed enough
Productive and challenging
Graduate Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington28 November 2016
The engineering department at broadspectrum is a hard working unit that has a massively variant work load.
There is very little guidance and you are often left to your own devices.This has its obvious pros and cons
Our management encourages productivity but doesn't appreciate hard work.
Co-workers enjoy a laugh and are all hard working.
Cons
Little appreciation for work commitment & excessive hours
Fast paced and fun workplace
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland13 May 2016
Fast changing environment. Wide exposure to commercial accounting, internal control process improvement and project management knowledge. Great team to work for, who play hard and work hard.
Busy.
Data Administrator (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, ENG15 September 2015
Busy workplace with interesting and exciting colleagues, very repetitive with miserable customers. Not enough employees for the amount of work we have. I enjoy working with customers in a different manner.
Pros
Good experience and a good job.
Cons
Very repetitive work.
Productive workplace
Designer (Former Employee) –  Newmarket Auckland31 August 2015
For the most part a fun place to work. I learned a tremendous amount of people skills as well as AutoCAD design systems with the guidance of my colleagues. A good life balance place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Broadspectrum. Our community is ready to answer.