Broadspectrum
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Broadspectrum Employee Reviews

New Zealand45 reviews
Job tasks are varied to the workload whick is dispatch centre for fibre, faults and booking in technician work. Team and mangement were great to work with. I enjoyed working here.
Depending on where you work worker relationship good..
8+ hours a day
Good work experience

Management is good

Homely/family culture

Dealing with arrogant H&S personnel

The most enjoyable part of the work is having different challenges every day.
Great bunch of guys to work with
Could of been more proactive at management level, as most things were not planned, but more reactive.
Managed to build systems for ongoing maintenance of plant and vehicles which were lacking at my commencement.

Managed to build internal respect from work crews, enabling workers to approach me on any/ all fronts.

Initiated more respect for tools and plant usage.

Intiated more pride within workers undertakings.
Pros
Good friendly work crew
Cons
long hours outside of contract
Easy and simple
Excellent and good company to work for. Wages are worth it and they look after their work colleagues. If I had another chance I’ll go back and work for them
busy/ customer service
A good customer service job, lots of local travel, quite technical and manual. Hot ceiling work in Summer is a killer. Meet all sorts of people which I really enjoyed !
Diverse, Flexible and Employee Recognition
Broadspectrum promotes their culture of diversity and believe that these days allowing a flexible work/life balance creates excellent employee/employer relationships.
Due to the contract being located in different regions within New Zealand, our manager was located in Auckland nearly 200kms away. We were trusted to ensure our work was completed within a reasonable time frame and that KPI's were being met.

We had flexible working hours which meant we could balance our work lives with our social lives, which allowed for me to be able to work from home during times when the children were sick, or for any other reasons that may have popped up.

Given the trust we had, it was important for me to ensure my manager maintained that trust as there are still many companies who have yet to adopt this technique.

Broadspectrum recognises skills and experience of their employees from all over the world, and have multiple nationalities working for the organisation.

The hardest part of my job was managing my part time degree studies that the company were investing in, with my work and family life. Having starting my studies later on in life, meant trying to time manage my days, to ensure I was giving enough to my children in the evenings after a full days work, and before hitting the books.

Aside from the satisfaction of completing tasks within required time frames knowing that you have reached your KPI targets, the best part of the job was the employer/employee relationship and having the opportunity to be able to work remotely and the flexibility of working from home in the event of
 - more...
was a good work place
Was a good place to work until new dispatch manager started, he had no place or skills to be a leader, who only encouraged the team leaders to mico manage and use his way of bullying to under mind the teams. The dispatch team members were the only thing that made the place bearable Would not recommend this employer.
Work environment safe and working relationship very good
Work culture is good as hard work and working as a team is highly emphasized. Toolbox meetings are regularly conducted with emphasis on health and safety. Management and staff relationship is exceptionally good. What I learned most was that it pays to be a good team player.
Great team, great people working there
Leaned my trade with this company, starting as an apprentice and progressing through to leading hand and eventually to becoming a project supervisor. Working here has led me to having a great career and gaining valuable experience.

There are some great people working here some of the best professionals in the industry who promote internal workplace culture. Only negative is there is no support from upper management as they are forever changing which has continued to create a disconnect between workers and management.

I have enjoyed working here and overall I would recommend working for Broadspectrum.
productive and fun workplace
Love my job and my work environment especially my colleagues and bosses which makes my work enjoyable. Alot of staff activities after work hours and get together like birthdays and dinners or just a get together for BBQ etc that involves staff and bosses alike.
Broadspectrum I can say is a great work place and staff are very well looked after.
Pros
such a great workplace
Good team enviroment
I actually worked at T.S.L Before they became Broadspectrum.It was a good company to work for I was employed there till I was made redundant I learnt most of all my machine operating skills off people I worked for and along side.
Pros
good hrs and overtime
Cons
was made redundant
Fun and able to learn everyday
A typical day at work would consist of loading your truck up every morning with the gear required to do the job you are given to do. eg Traffic Control signs, tools and/or machinery, and making sure u have the right staff to do the job. You would then have to work a minimum of 8 hours.

I personally enjoyed the construction season, as i myself being the construction laborer was able to learn and understand how roads are built. Working with Grader operators, Digger operators etc.

But overall awesome crowd to work for if u enjoy working outdoors.
Pros
Time and a half after 45 hours
Cons
Long hard working hours
Enjoyable electrical experience with amazing staff.
A very good company to work for. I certainly gained immense electrical knowledge on high voltage network installations in new zealand. It was the start of my electrical career in new zealand.
Pros
Very good high voltage experience
Cons
High risk and dangers associated with working with high voltages
It had promise but leadership was headless
Needed some leadership who was willing to be bold especially when renegotiating contracts with customers. Systems are archaic with little spend on the NZ business to bring technology into the business to get efficiencies into the business.
Pros
Self managed
Cons
Weak leadership
Great Company
Looking for a more challenging environment as experienced with tier 2&3 companies
The culture is friendly with a great client

I am looking for larger contracts or program of works on client side
Good for job security and support from peers
Good flexibility with work hours. Workplace culture can be negative at times but generally is a good place to work as the field staff are supportive of each other.
Some disconnect between management and field staff.

The work is varied and often involves travel.

Does not pay in the top of the field compared to other similar contractors.
Pros
Job security
Cons
lower pay, long hours.
No Balance
There are great people working for this company, unfortunately they don't get the chance to shine under oppressive and micro-managing superiors.

No work/life balance and every MINUTE under was counted while every minute over was ignored as it was not pre-authorised and discussed.

Treated like children with rules regarding no phones on the desks, no personal phones during work hours, no music in the office, set breaks, no swapping. Was all far too much for me.

The work was exceptionally simple data entry with great pay for what it was. You were also given the opportunity to learn different work streams once yours had been mastered meaning you had constant growth which was nice.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Treated like a child, No work/life balance
Very Proactive
Great people to work for, good management and diverse workplace culture.

Each day was busy dealing with customers and sub-contractors.

The hardest part o the job was getting the technicians to follow the H&S Rules but enjoyed the banter with them.

Creating PO's for sub-contractors in SAP was enjoyable
Pros
Great work environment
Productive and good place to work at
Flexible work times
Very experience Project Managers

Boss is great to deal with

The most enjoyable part of the job is the successful completion of a technically difficult project.
Topsy Turvy but satisying
I do designs UFB1, UFB2, new subdivisions, infills and Tauranga Council initiated projects for build team. Normally I manage but when 3 or 4 of these task pile up things can get pretty hectic. Everyday is an adventure because you never know what you will get. On busy subdivision months expect to get a 1 day weekend. As you can never be on top of everything if you don't spend the time to actually do it. But I don't mind working weekends as I hate negative design days under my name. Pay is good and the team I work with are the most helpful. And the customers I work are really appreciative and give good feedback if you make their deadlines. Normally my customers get brownie points with their customers for doing things on time and it makes it all the more satisfying as it gives you that feeling that all your efforts are not in vain. Best feeling in the world. Never fails to give me a smile.
Pros
You Learn a lot
Cons
Long hours. 1 days weekend . again I don't mind
Unstructured
Needs better structure, no team leader, no management locally (only in Australia) has made the team defunct with people turning up late every day and not taking responsiblility
Pros
Some great people
Cons
The structure.