BROADSPECTRUM Employee Reviews

Great Company
Project Manager Distribution (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury23 April 2018
Looking for a more challenging environment as experienced with tier 2&3 companies
The culture is friendly with a great client
I am looking for larger contracts or program of works on client side
Good for job security and support from peers
Senior Commissioning Technician (Current Employee) –  Auckland NZ19 March 2018
Good flexibility with work hours. Workplace culture can be negative at times but generally is a good place to work as the field staff are supportive of each other.
Some disconnect between management and field staff.
The work is varied and often involves travel.

Does not pay in the top of the field compared to other similar contractors.
Pros
Job security
Cons
lower pay, long hours.
No Balance
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato26 February 2018
There are great people working for this company, unfortunately they don't get the chance to shine under oppressive and micro-managing superiors.

No work/life balance and every MINUTE under was counted while every minute over was ignored as it was not pre-authorised and discussed.

Treated like children with rules regarding no phones on the desks, no personal phones during work hours, no music in the office, set breaks, no swapping. Was all far too much for me.

The work was exceptionally simple data entry with great pay for what it was. You were also given the opportunity to learn different work streams once yours had been mastered meaning you had constant growth which was nice.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Treated like a child, No work/life balance
Very Proactive
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato6 February 2018
Great people to work for, good management and diverse workplace culture.

Each day was busy dealing with customers and sub-contractors.

The hardest part o the job was getting the technicians to follow the H&S Rules but enjoyed the banter with them.

Creating PO's for sub-contractors in SAP was enjoyable
Pros
Great work environment
Productive and good place to work at
Project Engineer/Manager (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury29 January 2018
Flexible work times
Very experience Project Managers
Boss is great to deal with
The most enjoyable part of the job is the successful completion of a technically difficult project.
Topsy Turvy but satisying
Design Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Tauranga, Bay of Plenty27 September 2017
I do designs UFB1, UFB2, new subdivisions, infills and Tauranga Council initiated projects for build team. Normally I manage but when 3 or 4 of these task pile up things can get pretty hectic. Everyday is an adventure because you never know what you will get. On busy subdivision months expect to get a 1 day weekend. As you can never be on top of everything if you don't spend the time to actually do it. But I don't mind working weekends as I hate negative design days under my name. Pay is good and the team I work with are the most helpful. And the customers I work are really appreciative and give good feedback if you make their deadlines. Normally my customers get brownie points with their customers for doing things on time and it makes it all the more satisfying as it gives you that feeling that all your efforts are not in vain. Best feeling in the world. Never fails to give me a smile.
Pros
You Learn a lot
Cons
Long hours. 1 days weekend . again I don't mind
Unstructured
Contact Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Wellington New Zealand31 August 2017
Needs better structure, no team leader, no management locally (only in Australia) has made the team defunct with people turning up late every day and not taking responsiblility
Pros
Some great people
Cons
The structure.
An interesting place to work
Billing support co-coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sawyers Arms Road Christchurch15 August 2017
I work at Broadspecrtum not only because I enjoy the environment and people but I felt I needed the stimulation .
A typical day is spent working with the team to determine the best way forward to complete the days tasks.
The complexity of the job means we discuss a lot of aspects of the billing procedure as the job requires us to work within the confines of the codes work the Tech will do .
the people are great to work with and we have an great time, but because Broadspectrum is a large multi national company the little people do get forgotten .
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Poor pay for the job required
In-house promotions supported
Despatch Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, New Zealand7 February 2017
Great place to work with Fantastic people.
High pressured workflow which didn't allow for work/life balance.
Long hours and minimal public holidays available due to being a 24hr, 7 day service.
Change in higher Management which impacted the teams as no support was given.
Pros
Fun people, Penal rates paid for overtime/weekend work
Cons
Long hours, minimal holidays
ok place to work,but not that satified as there is no in house training
Driver/labourer (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury24 January 2017
good guys to work for but needs more communication,there is no in house training for the new guys they employ which leaves more pressure on the guys that,s been there for a w.hile
Pros
free breakfasts
Cons
not payed enough
Productive and challenging
Graduate Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington28 November 2016
The engineering department at broadspectrum is a hard working unit that has a massively variant work load.
There is very little guidance and you are often left to your own devices.This has its obvious pros and cons
Our management encourages productivity but doesn't appreciate hard work.
Co-workers enjoy a laugh and are all hard working.
Cons
Little appreciation for work commitment & excessive hours
Fast paced and fun workplace
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland13 May 2016
Fast changing environment. Wide exposure to commercial accounting, internal control process improvement and project management knowledge. Great team to work for, who play hard and work hard.
Busy.
Data Administrator (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, ENG15 September 2015
Busy workplace with interesting and exciting colleagues, very repetitive with miserable customers. Not enough employees for the amount of work we have. I enjoy working with customers in a different manner.
Pros
Good experience and a good job.
Cons
Very repetitive work.
Productive workplace
Designer (Former Employee) –  Newmarket Auckland31 August 2015
For the most part a fun place to work. I learned a tremendous amount of people skills as well as AutoCAD design systems with the guidance of my colleagues. A good life balance place to work.
productive
Traffic management (Former Employee) –  Whangarei, N10 August 2015
a great place to work and an exceptional group to work for. Reward comes in the form of the residents, whom are engaging, such as giving me tips for my own gardens
Pros
good enviroment to work in
Cons
a long drive home
Work Environment was good
Fibre Technician (Former Employee) –  New Plymouth, New Zealand2 June 2015
I learnt a fair bit at Transfield, they took me through a lot of courses to ensure I was up to date with safety regulations. Most enjoyable part of the job was the bunch of guys I worked with. always a laugh on any site we visited during the day.
Well formed team with a good balance of knowledge
Renewals/Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand30 April 2015
The team was dedicated, well balanced and ambitious. A typical day at work will include morning reading news with everyone, discussing world agendas. After which all supervisors will head to sites with managers left behind to work away. It was learnt through this job that the traditional way of doing construction works can be improved for the better outcome of the contract and that people are willing to listen as long as you appreciate their input.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was a fun team to work with, flexible in terms of hours and ways to carry out tasks.
Pros
Good salary package, good team, good manager
Good starting point to learn the local network
Designer (Former Employee) –  New Plymouth, N24 March 2015
The day starts by deploying the scheduled jobs to IP tech and OP tech. Handing out job packs and giving them the materials. A briefing on the job and reminders regarding health and safety before they leave the yard. Back in my desk, I update my email and clients regarding there respective request and other queries. Start design on the new request that just came in and submit design with pricing.
Approved designs will be scheduled as per requested RFS dates and materials will be ordered. Required coordination form various groups such as NOC and local council will be put ahead of work schedule.
Before the day ends, all worked dispatched must be updated and closed for invoicing. I may sound like a one man team, but that is my responsibility as a Designer. It does go beyond, but I love it. The responsibility of designing, building and knowing the revenue of my project is a great reward for me.
Pros
I have a company car.
Site Engineer / Surveyor for PSMC Project in Bay of Plenty / NZ
Surveyor/ Site Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, NZ8 January 2015
Transfield Service Ltd won a 10 years PSMC contract to construct, improve and maintain all roads of Western Bay of Plenty District Council. The budget was M$300 divided into 10 segments to construct and maintain 300 Km of roads, intersections, traffic lights, slips, guard rails, retaining walls and drainage. In 2011 I became member of management team of this contract after I finished Road Asset Management study course.

Main Duties and Responsibilities

• Topo and Surveying set out for all projects.
• Create 3d model for the existing ground before construction.
• Create 3d model for the design surface from the plans and other data.
• Estimate and control the quantities of earthworks cut/fill and pavement aggregate layers.
• Create full set of As-built drawing after construction.
• Software’s (Civil 3d, AutoCAD, Civil CAD, 12d Module).
• Project progress reporting between project manager and site staff.
• Quality Assurance testing and recording string line sheets, water content and density.
• Evaluate team performance during and after construction period.
• Ensure sub-contractors compliance with plans and specifications of the project.
• Supervise the work progress of road construction by the sub-contractors and our site team.
• Prepare daily reports to the project manager using the company software.
• Identify measure and claim for variation works.
• Monitor the condition of the road asset and update the RAMM database.
• Evaluate the performance and conditions of roads to update maintenance plan.
• Estimate, measure and control the quantities of earthworks
  more... cut/fill and pavement aggregate layers.
• Prepare daily report of project progress and send to the project manager and ensure that the site teams are working according to the project timeframe.
• Evaluate team performance during and after construction period.
• Discuss with the design team any change of design required in the project.
self management encouraged
construction supervisor (Former Employee) –  west waikato5 October 2014
Good culture, great ideas however runaway train issues.
Safety outlook is good in theory ...but.?
Pros
good cameraderie and trust.
Cons
attempts to improve stifled somewhat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BROADSPECTRUM. Our community is ready to answer.