Broadspectrum

Broadspectrum Management reviews

Great team, great people working there
Project Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Auckland6 February 2019
Leaned my trade with this company, starting as an apprentice and progressing through to leading hand and eventually to becoming a project supervisor. Working here has led me to having a great career and gaining valuable experience.

There are some great people working here some of the best professionals in the industry who promote internal workplace culture. Only negative is there is no support from upper management as they are forever changing which has continued to create a disconnect between workers and management.

I have enjoyed working here and overall I would recommend working for Broadspectrum.
Good for job security and support from peers
Senior Commissioning Technician (Current Employee) –  Auckland NZ19 March 2018
Good flexibility with work hours. Workplace culture can be negative at times but generally is a good place to work as the field staff are supportive of each other.
Some disconnect between management and field staff.
The work is varied and often involves travel.

Does not pay in the top of the field compared to other similar contractors.
Pros
Job security
Cons
lower pay, long hours.
Very Proactive
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato6 February 2018
Great people to work for, good management and diverse workplace culture.

Each day was busy dealing with customers and sub-contractors.

The hardest part o the job was getting the technicians to follow the H&S Rules but enjoyed the banter with them.

Creating PO's for sub-contractors in SAP was enjoyable
Pros
Great work environment
Unstructured
Contact Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Wellington New Zealand31 August 2017
Needs better structure, no team leader, no management locally (only in Australia) has made the team defunct with people turning up late every day and not taking responsiblility
Pros
Some great people
Cons
The structure.
In-house promotions supported
Despatch Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, New Zealand7 February 2017
Great place to work with Fantastic people.
High pressured workflow which didn't allow for work/life balance.
Long hours and minimal public holidays available due to being a 24hr, 7 day service.
Change in higher Management which impacted the teams as no support was given.
Pros
Fun people, Penal rates paid for overtime/weekend work
Cons
Long hours, minimal holidays
Productive and challenging
Graduate Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington28 November 2016
The engineering department at broadspectrum is a hard working unit that has a massively variant work load.
There is very little guidance and you are often left to your own devices.This has its obvious pros and cons
Our management encourages productivity but doesn't appreciate hard work.
Co-workers enjoy a laugh and are all hard working.
Cons
Little appreciation for work commitment & excessive hours
Fast paced and fun workplace
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland13 May 2016
Fast changing environment. Wide exposure to commercial accounting, internal control process improvement and project management knowledge. Great team to work for, who play hard and work hard.
Site Engineer / Surveyor for PSMC Project in Bay of Plenty / NZ
Surveyor/ Site Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, NZ8 January 2015
Transfield Service Ltd won a 10 years PSMC contract to construct, improve and maintain all roads of Western Bay of Plenty District Council. The budget was M$300 divided into 10 segments to construct and maintain 300 Km of roads, intersections, traffic lights, slips, guard rails, retaining walls and drainage. In 2011 I became member of management team of this contract after I finished Road Asset Management study course.

Main Duties and Responsibilities

• Topo and Surveying set out for all projects.
• Create 3d model for the existing ground before construction.
• Create 3d model for the design surface from the plans and other data.
• Estimate and control the quantities of earthworks cut/fill and pavement aggregate layers.
• Create full set of As-built drawing after construction.
• Software’s (Civil 3d, AutoCAD, Civil CAD, 12d Module).
• Project progress reporting between project manager and site staff.
• Quality Assurance testing and recording string line sheets, water content and density.
• Evaluate team performance during and after construction period.
• Ensure sub-contractors compliance with plans and specifications of the project.
• Supervise the work progress of road construction by the sub-contractors and our site team.
• Prepare daily reports to the project manager using the company software.
• Identify measure and claim for variation works.
• Monitor the condition of the road asset and update the RAMM database.
• Evaluate the performance and conditions of roads to update maintenance plan.
• Estimate, measure and control the quantities of earthworks
  more... cut/fill and pavement aggregate layers.
• Prepare daily report of project progress and send to the project manager and ensure that the site teams are working according to the project timeframe.
• Evaluate team performance during and after construction period.
• Discuss with the design team any change of design required in the project.
What you learned
Customer Service Officers (Former Employee) –  Wellington, New Zealand2 July 2014
I learn that in this company the management are good people and they only want the best for you and the company.
Pros
Wear mufty every Friday
Cons
Cannot reach the contractor
Transfield, Only a stepping stone into NZ
Fibre Optic Technichian (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, New Zealand3 May 2014
Senior Management don't really know what they're doing and only care about the bottom line. Career progression is almost non existent, unless you want to wait until people above you retire.
Pros
Co-workers, allowed to get on with work without interference, opportunities for overtime.
Cons
Senior management, lack of career progression.
Enjoyable place to work. Great balance of professionalism, challenge, humour and team work
Design Assistant/TMAT Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, New Zealand27 April 2014
A typical day at work requires great time management skills and a focus on achieving results. It helps to have a supportive management structure as our office does. The most enjoyable part of my job is having the opportunity to interact with colleages in different departments, the great sense of camarderie we share and the ability to work cohesively as a team in order to achieve the desired results. The most challenging aspect of my job would be having time off as the workload doesn't do the same! I've been fortunate enough to work with very experienced people in this industry and being apart of the Design and Build department has afforded me the opportunity to further expand on my technical knowledge within the Telecommincations sector.
The position of a customer service officer was good
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Wellington3 May 2013
Answering phones for customers and contacting the clients contractors to go and fix the buildings whether its plumbing, electrical or just general enquires.

The Management was okay but sometimes they didn't act like they were skilled enough to be in their positions.

The hardest part of the job is when the call out was not successful and had to tell the customer it will be completed the next day.

The most enjoyable part of the day is when i had a satisfied customer.
Pros
Every Fridays we could go to work in mufti
Cons
Being on call for the after hour call outs
productive and fun workplace.great team enviroment.
general hand (Former Employee) –  pukekohe franklin27 September 2012
Days at work for Transfield Services were great because of the team additude we had at the Pukekohe branch.We were a very friendly bunch that got on very well together that lead to productivity in the workplace and safety-looking out for one another and keeping your workmates safe.i always looked forward to going to work the next day to see fellow workers and even management lol.i learnt alot at Transfield and i am greatful for what i learnt from older expereinced hands/workmates they tought me lots.also got a few certs working at Transfield so was up skilling thats a bonus.its hard to determine what was the hardest part of the job most of the work was very physical but i enjoyed it.the most enjoyable part of the job was the sites sometimes id work out in the middle of nowhere somewhere you wouldnt even know existed and the views were awesome way out in the country
Pros
co workers and sites where we worked were beautiful country sides.
Cons
some long hours