Brookdale

Brookdale Employee Reviews

2.8Work–Life Balance

Showing all 2,151 reviews

overworked, low pay

Unpleasant environment... Most of the time the servers plate the main course and desserts. Always running out of something in the menu. There are arguments among servers,caregivers, cooks and residents. No proper server training.

Pros

flexible schedule

Cons

always understaffed, disorganized

Poor management

This place is still running off nurses. They need to fire upper management and bring in better people. They belittle their employees and put more work in you, and will not help. Always understaffed. They will try to schedule you pass your time or off days! Management does nothing all day. Ppl, staff and residents, are leaving at high numbers. They collect 5k in "rent" but never seem to have the gloves, covid ppe, basic resident needs and wound care needs for these residents. This is poorly ran and a hotbed for covid. They do not have a good reputation in the company. Stay clear!!!

Cons

I take pride in what I do

I love Brookdale and Residents.. It's a great place to work I can say they care about tou.Once you become apart of Brookdale Senior Living you have a new family is how I would sum it up..

Needs better management

I enjoyed being a caregiver and caring for those who needs it. But management would not let us fully care for the residents, if they needed change. Would not let us get the help transferring if needed.

Enjoyed Working For Brookdale

My location was sold and I was then let go (no fault of Brookdale, they provided great resources post-employment) but I really enjoyed working for Brookdale! They are the leader in senior living and it showed with their systems, management, and training. I would recommend!!

Pros

Leadership, Pay

Cons

Opportunities for growth, too many meetings

They Acknowledge your worth

Brookdale is a very rewarding place to work you become family to the residents it’s so rewarding to know that u are making a difference in someone’s life by accommodating there needs

It is a good company

New experience love the residences and you Learn so much I had a great time doing all my work helped out Serving food and helping in activities and it helped me understand the residences more

The residents make the job a pleasure. I enjoyed meeting new people and working with seniors. Pay is not competitive. Sales positions are high stress. Be prepared.

Home office could care less, it all about the #'s

I worked here 5 yrs only part-time because they didn't want to pay anything. There Regionals were over paid while the line workers were paid the least they could get away with. Only wanted part- time staff to pay no benefits. Staffers worked 2-3 jobs to make ends meet.

Busy, memorable, and constant change!

Brookdale is an assisted living where mom and/or dad can live with no worries. Caring and educated staff is there to assist with ADL/IADL for a better life. Equally important they Provide socialization and activities to promote healthy minds.

Pros

Rewarding that your helping the elderly that really need our help!

Cons

1 aide to 12 residents

This is the worst company

This is absolutely the worst company I have ever worked for.They do not care about employees.The only the di care about is making money of their employees and residents

Pros

Cons

Just don't work for them

more training of new employees needed

how to be more of a listener. Watching residents pass . lack proper training staffServing the residents and families workplace was good and bad at times

Pros

Overall good company

Cons

low pay

Loved the residents!

I loved the residents, their families, and most of my co-workers. The management at the Russellville, Arkansas was horrible. They treated the employees terrible. The good employees were over worked. The manager micro-managed everything. She was so hateful to the employees. Instead of being encouraging, the employees are constantly belittled in front of others and corrected over minor stuff that doesn’t even matter. Not a good atmosphere from the Russellville management!!

Pros

Free lunches, thankful residents and families

Cons

Short breaks, mean bosses, laugh behind employees’ back

Bad experience

No training for all roles. Unqualified individuals are frequently promoted then not given proper training. Those who question district managers are treated with aggression and hostility.

Caring For The Residents and Families

I enjoy working here and the interactions with the residents and their families. I love the flexibility in requesting days off or needing to swap scheduled shifts for prior engagements. I have seen this community growing in the right direction and it is by far a BIG improvement of what it once was in the past. As with any place of employment their are always opportunities for improvement and when things arise and are suggested they are handled swiftly by management

Pros

Schedule flexibility, great coworkers, food, residents, families, fun

Cons

losing those you get close to

Horrible

Worst facility around. No compilation, Drama in the work place, cover ups, they go through management and staff like crazy. A absolutely disgusting place to work, and for residents to live-

Don't work here

Management is horrible and very unprofessional. They over work their employees because they are under staffed. It's very difficult to get any time off.

Pros

Cons

Management is horrible

Not a good experience

This place was a real night mare I wanted the 2 to 10 shift I applied for but got the 10 to 6 shift .not but at first there was supposed to be 2 of us at night on the heavy hall .but that only lasted two nights.and one night byyself I needed help changing 6 of my people and no nurse or anyone else in sight on another hall for 30 mins and then didn't want to help when you break down in your car cause you have to go back.not good for anyone

Micro-management and Constant Condemnation

It’s all about the money and the big salaries at corporate. There is no support and there is no work/life balance. Labor shortage, COVID and lack of resources

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Everything else

Brookedale summary of job

I felt it was a great place to work , until covid hit, it then became very stressful, so had to leave, the residents are awesome people to care for though, they are the number one reason I stayed along as i did.

Not a place I'd recommend.

Management does not value your input. Your basically a puppet. They don't value residents needs. Teaching people in new roles lacks very much. Not recommended to work for.

Pros

Cons

To many

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brookdale. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Brookdale