Bunnings logo
Bunnings
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Bunnings Employee Reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Its a nice place to work

They are really nice and understanding and helpful. The hardest part of the job would be heavy lifting. The management is pretty good and they are nice and they want to help you.

Best place I have ever worked

Decent pay for shop work and everyone pretty easy going. We did get a new head of dept who was a total idiot and that spout things a bit but overall good to work for.

Pros

Staff discount, decent holidays, bonuses

Cons

Appalling culture, weak and inexperienced leadership

Having children as leaders would have been more productive. The 'Manger' and 'Assistant Manager' bleating on about their years of experience and yet both were lazy and highly emotional shirkers who constantly insulted the area manager with the phone on silent during weekly calls. No idea of leadership and unwilling to listen to those that do know. Their idea of management was to slope off early or sit around in the office while an under resourced team floundered on the shop floor.The best experience was seeing a social media page left logged on by the assistant manager with a stream of insults about the team and area manager. Such professionalism! The fact that Bunnings hires this type of loafer is indicative of the entire culture, hence some of these honest reviews about poor leadership.

Pros

Discount and team members

Cons

Ex Bunnings trade staff 7yrs of service...

Just can’t get back into Bunnings again Applied so many times but only been unsuccessful with 7yrs of experience in all departments still not a chance

Pros

New Zealand Bunnings best to work for with great discounts and shares with Wesfarmers

Cons

Australia Bunnings management hopeless no idea

Productive and fun

To work for Bunnings is like working for a family. Very caring company. Can be developed in different areas. Changes happens frequently. Company is goal orientated.

Bunnings

Overall wonderful company to work for, but being on a casual contract for many years and asking for a contract with no movement in the company made me fall forward and open up my opportunities for another company, management isn't the best but companies work ethic and style is awesome!

Alright

Good job for students since hours are flexible.Only had to work one day a week. Easy job but gets boring after a while. Often understaffed and customers can be rude and annoying. good pay and discounts. Wouldn't work here full time but for not bad for a part time gig

Bunnings GL

The team environment was very enjoyable, awesome people to work along side of always provided best service, down side store was always very hot and unable to stay on your feet as you feel like your going to faint.

An excellent place to work.

Bunnings Warehouse is an excellent place to work.I have learnt a lot of social and communication skills which has helped me up-skill myself. One comes across a variety of tasks when working at this place. These tasks give you the opportunity to tackle other tasks.

Great Team

I learned a lot from working in Bunning's I had no experience in New Zealand, so I was lucky to be considered. I was very much welcome by the team. I enjoyed working in bunnings throughout my 11 years of experience.

Pros

bonus

Cons

no team most of the time

Jobs at Bunnings

See more jobs

Very good company to work for

The job was temporary over the Xmas time three months only. I had job schedule which allowed me to get our son after school. Everyone was very friendly and supportive. I was paid a little bit more then minimum pay working as check out team member. It was $16 per hour and I had 36 hours week.

Was a good first job

This was a job that I loved to begin with however over time I didn't enjoy to management and experience. Good money for a first job though. Management needs to be improved.

Productive and Fun Workplace

Employers are all really helpful and fun. A fast-paced environment perfect for all ages possible, with great team interactions and positive fellow employee treatment.

Enjoyed working there

If your lookinf for a place to shop with best customer service , bunnings is the place to shop🙂 loved working there and also people there are friendly

Good co-workers and decent pay, but horrible management in all levels of the company.

Work full time at Bunnings for over 3 years. Your fellow team-members will be the sole life support you have in whatever store you work in. They make you laugh, help you out when able and overall keep you relatively sane in what is otherwise a company that doesn't give 2 cents for your well being. Critical lack of staffing in almost every branch across New Zealand with team members under-trained yet thrown into job positions/roles that need specialisation. No backup team members in the event of someone taking sick leave or holidays; you are expected to somehow pickup the slack of one, two or even more missing persons while still getting your own workload done and at the same time still serving customers. In some stores with extremely few staff, you are expected by management to somehow be an expert in three different departments when you've barely been trained in one. Oftentimes sole workers are held responsible of maintenance on multiple aisles. When customers complain they got no service because no one was available to serve them, management simply cracks the whip at you and tell you they expect you to somehow be at four places at the same time. One major consequence of this is health and safety regulations are basically swept under the rug. Need to do a two-man lift? Tough luck, no other team member around and the customer is getting impatient. Wreck your back trying to wrestle some large bulky item into a customer's small car. In the rare moments that management opens the floor for team members to give feedback about working conditions it's basically bread -

Bunnings dosnt pay there workers again

Its been nearly 1 whole month with still No pay.physical Ird/bank account/birth cert means nothing because an online form you get told to fill out 3 weeks after your start date that you must fill in the blanks with the physical details you sent them 3 weeks before also means nothing.they tell you to fill out an online form with your details 3 weeks after you've already done the work with no pay which features you guessed it the ird number bank account number that you already gave them on the first day 3 weeks ago. for some reason Australia pays new Zealand workers, at least that's what they told me. no hate on Australia. just frustrating when you work for no pay for nearly a whole month, when you have 5 kids to feed. they also use the ND tax code that takes 45% off.no matter what tax code you give them. they also rush you to fill out the online portion 3 weeks after start date saying if you don't in time you won't get paid.even though they have your details already on day one. today is 3 more days then its been a month with no pay. not in any way professional at all.

Pros

Nothing.

Cons

No pay. idiots that dont know how to pay people.

Fun workplace

A typical day at work would be scanning, counting and moving stock and inputting the numbers into an iPod. I learned to be patient and how to work efficiently with a team. The hardest part of the job was physical work moving heavy objects etc. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a positive and enthusiastic team.

Pros

Enjoyable group of people to work with

Cons

Hard Work

This was a very productive job, I've learned that if you don't keep up with the quota they'll think about releasing you. The culture there is awesome surrounded by good people. the hardest part of the job is the hours. the most enjoyable part about the job was the culture I was surrounded by.

Pros

People

Cons

Productive and fun work place

Great place to work and advance. Culture has a high standard and safety is a high priority. Great environment to work in! I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Bunnings and only left due to relocating for family in Australia.

Workplace Experience

My time at Bunnings was both educational as it was exciting and enjoyable. I got the opportunity to hone skills in that department as well as learn new skills that will help me further in the future. I had good team leaders as well as great work members and a solid work system that made sure we complete our set tasks on time and at a high level. Challenges at bunnings were just adjusting to the pace of the work we did but with the help of the team and time I slowly managed to pick up my game and perform well. Overall I was a great opportunity and experience that hope my future occupations will have in store for me as well.

Pros

- Good Teamwork and Environment

Fun workplace

It was good for a short time period job to earn some money so I could afford my volleyball trip. It was a fun environment as I was working with my friends too.
  • Bunnings