Bunnings
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Bunnings Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
3.8Work–Life Balance
3.8Pay & Benefits

Alright

Good job for students since hours are flexible.Only had to work one day a week. Easy job but gets boring after a while. Often understaffed and customers can be rude and annoying. good pay and discounts. Wouldn't work here full time but for not bad for a part time gig

Best place I have ever worked

Decent pay for shop work and everyone pretty easy going. We did get a new head of dept who was a total idiot and that spout things a bit but overall good to work for.

Pros

Staff discount, decent holidays, bonuses

Cons

Very good company to work for

The job was temporary over the Xmas time three months only. I had job schedule which allowed me to get our son after school. Everyone was very friendly and supportive. I was paid a little bit more then minimum pay working as check out team member. It was $16 per hour and I had 36 hours week.

Good co-workers and decent pay, but horrible management in all levels of the company.

Work full time at Bunnings for over 3 years. Your fellow team-members will be the sole life support you have in whatever store you work in. They make you laugh, help you out when able and overall keep you relatively sane in what is otherwise a company that doesn't give 2 cents for your well being. Critical lack of staffing in almost every branch across New Zealand with team members under-trained yet thrown into job positions/roles that need specialisation. No backup team members in the event of someone taking sick leave or holidays; you are expected to somehow pickup the slack of one, two or even more missing persons while still getting your own workload done and at the same time still serving customers. In some stores with extremely few staff, you are expected by management to somehow be an expert in three different departments when you've barely been trained in one. Oftentimes sole workers are held responsible of maintenance on multiple aisles. When customers complain they got no service because no one was available to serve them, management simply cracks the whip at you and tell you they expect you to somehow be at four places at the same time. One major consequence of this is health and safety regulations are basically swept under the rug. Need to do a two-man lift? Tough luck, no other team member around and the customer is getting impatient. Wreck your back trying to wrestle some large bulky item into a customer's small car. In the rare moments that management opens the floor for team members to give feedback about working conditions it's basically bread -

Fun workplace

It was good for a short time period job to earn some money so I could afford my volleyball trip. It was a fun environment as I was working with my friends too.

Productive.

The hardest part of working at Bunnings was being understaffed and also standing for long hours on concrete floors. I learned how to do stock take. The most enjoyable part of working at Bunnings was the way they treated everyone like family.

Pros

Free Lunches.

Cons

Long Hours

A great employer

A great employer to work for who provide good incentives and bonuses and look after you. They provide free fruits during the week and give a good bonus for the performance of the store.

Pros

fruits

Generally an enjoyable place to work

Bunnings is a customer service and safety focused company.It has a good culture with good employee benefits. Bunnings has a good training plan for the team.

Very good company

Excellent company to work for alot of benefits and very good career options. The team are very supportive and experienced. Overall the best company Ive worked for.

Great workplace and career progression

Great career progression and great work environment. Job security and appropriate salary - Opportunities to progress if you wish to stay in the company.

trade member

was a AL rounder and hard worker keen worker if there's any jobs out their

Pros

12.00pm

Cons

8 hours

great friendly place to work

My days were always pretty good the team were great and the management were always understaning, i learned alot in my time there and there was always something new to learn if you were willing, I cant say that anything was hard about the job as it was always enjoyable.

Pros

free lunches and great christmas parties

Cons

nil

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bunnings. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Bunnings
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?