Bupa
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Bupa Employee Reviews

New Zealand50 reviews
hi like to work with others its can improve my experience to learnt all the job .this is rest home here i can help alder people who need hand and help kitchen staff to peeper food for resident.
Vry good sufficient for living , excellent pay rate weekend allowance i love to work with bupa job security good working environment team work work life balance.
I stayed for three months at Te Whanau Bupa levin and had seen and heard enough. Toxic work culture, no orientation, extremely bad manager. Just expected to know everything. Was lied to twice by manager blaming issue on myself...yelled at in corridor for no reason when trying to do my job. Pay stuffed up a few times. Appalling place to work
Typical day will be walking around care home facilities checking for faults that compromise safety, security of residents and staffs.

Help, ensuring privacy, respect and dignity is given to all residents
I have recently left Crossley House without giving any notice as I got so fed up of the staff there especially on nights. I believe now it to be a place where there is a click, you are either part of it or else your bullied in the form of being over worked. Most Seniors in charge of night shifts walk around as if they own the place and treat the rest care staff like they are unimportant. Too busy trying to look important themselves. Uneducated Senior fools here, medication scattered in lounges, bedrooms, corridors.Poor residents!!
My typical day at work was different daily learning new tasks, including meeting new people and I enjoyed the opportunity to Talk to residents getting to know them even helping them in times of need.
No compensation for working overtime. High turnover rate. Poor work-life balance. Lack of training. Inflexible annual leave arrangement. No support for after work studies. Micromanaging in some teams. Choose your team carefully and wisely. 95% of the people are not great. Be aware of employees and managers who are rude and domineering. Flexible work arrangement should be given to employees who constantly have to work overtime or work at night to meet the business needs. Employees should be required to evaluate the performance of their managers quarterly and anonymously. talk to people and listen to them dont pretend that everything is great.
Pros
not at all
Cons
Management bullying, they want you to fail, Team coaches just as bad. Boring job. horrible working environment, Fail you on every opportunity, High school environment
Immature in technology even though its not a complex organisation. People are resistance to change. Capability gaps exists. Great people and some great leaders - just hope they're your leader. If they're not then it can be pretty awful. Also salaries are very much below average and the career progression is incredibly haphazard. 'Flexible' is lip service. In actuality, you may have a manager who tells you that you can't leave early to pick up your child and work the rest of the day from home and you'll have no recourse for this.
Be a bit more aware of some of the toxic leaders you seem to hold in such high regard while managing to discard some of the great ones who people look up to - and will follow. Does the place need a clean out? Yes. But you are also putting a lot of faith in leaders who are widely considered lazy, incompetent and even downright snakes while letting some fantastic ones who would attract the talent you need walk out the. Poor management, no team work, staff not sharing information, managers are not helpful they are just looking after themselves in order to keep their jobs. No clear direction, hard to talk to your manager they are always in meetings, if you enjoy working late till midnight this is the right place. Old systems in place massive use of excels for accounting ( like we are in still in the 90's) lack of investment in IT, too much politics, no empathy towards junior staff ( even told to do managers work), no proper accounting processes in place, little controls in place, too many meetings ( you have to have a meeting to have a meeting) and not
 - more...
Pros
nothing
Cons
Very political, particularly where some senior managers are concerned, Not enough is done to manage poor performance Reactive, rather than proactive attitudes, Lack of appreciation that we offer high cost, high value products- some of the services we offer do not match this, Lack of investment into technology Very silo’d working environment, Unfair pay structure HR are very unhelpful
As a typical UK company, new ideas are not so welcomed at Bupa. Decision making is a long process. Not much room left for the development of career planning. From my years of experience in the healthcare business I did not find any cons with this company. their salaries are very competitive. Tuition reimbursement minimum but it helps, company has partnership with private universities, offering reduced tuition which is a benefit.Lack of carers to care for vulnerable residents at home.
Extremely poor HR department can't get anything right. Hires unqualified and inexperienced project managers as department managers. Directors of certain areas have non technical background but put in place to lead technical driven departments. Poor planning operates in constant reactive vs proactive mode. No clear vision on business...
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bupa?
As the industry began to shrink, the politics at the senior leader level was becoming as competitive and toxic as I have ever seen. The power plays at a gender and functional level was untenable. long hours and overworked employees. Chronic under resourcing and inefficiencies mean long hours required
Management bullying, they want you to fail. Team coaches just as bad. Boring job. horrible working environment. Fail you on every opportunity. HIgh school environment.
Pros
No pros
Cons
As the company moves through organizational change the ability
Bupa is always provide very notorious health insurance service to their customers. The customer services are also very cheap. Bupa is shame for humanity....
I just have to thank the Bupa managers for giving me the opportunity to work in this wonderful company. Everyone helped me a lot when I got here in New Zealand.
Working is more strict based on the given tasks you are required to finish in 3-4 hours. You work alone but can interact with others during a break. Co-workers are friendly and always have smiling faces whenever you see them. Seniors are friendly and fun to talk to and will somehow lighten your day.
Pros
free lollies from elderly and food from company
Cons
Toilet cleaning
Bupa dental care is formally Oasis, nice company to work for. A lot of opportunities for progression. GDC registration is paid for, Core CPD provided.
Pros
GDC registration paid for
i enjoyed working here because the pay was good and there were tons of hours to pick up. i found the hardest part of the job was not getting the training i needed to apply for other jobs. i did find that 3 carer isn't enough in certain areas of the workplace and trying to do cares was difficult
Pros
Good money, Pleasent workers
Cons
understaffed
Bupa took over from the company that ran the nursing home. This company made a lot Reductions to staff levels on takeover and this resulted in staff leaving.
i have learned a lot of things from this job like teamwork, helping nature, and many more. the management is also good in Bupa. Nothing is hardest in this job. The most enjoyable part is to spend time with elders.
Pros
meals are offered to staff as well.
Cons
long hours shifts
Im currently working in BUPA rehab for 5years, Im looking for any position for aged care or disability support worker.

I love playing basketball or any activity.