Bupa

Bupa Employee Reviews

New Zealand54 reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Found 54 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,551 reviews

Maintain the health care motto !!

Lack of support from management and few staff members. Lack of good nurses. Dentistry is about providing health care, not selling goods in order to tick the boxes for profit and business growth. It felt this way since Oasis sold the business.

Pros

Provision of materials when required.

Cons

Small surgeries with outdated chairs, instruments.

The people in my department were caring and supportive.They helped me whenever I needed support.Management was good and organised. The job isstraightforward.

Pros

Free coffee and breakfast

Cons

Sunday shifts

Communication was slack

- manager would never communicate your hours properly until a day before , even if the roster was already up- was never allowed days off even though i was a casual worker and allowed to take time off - pay was always late and underpaid even though we get paid fortnightly!!- training was average but there was a language barrier , so really had to self teach myself- the workers there are super nice! just the management has a problem

Pros

free lunches some days

Cons

not enough training, pay is late

Good

Vry good sufficient for living , excellent pay rate weekend allowance i love to work with bupa job security good working environment team work work life balance.

Appalling work culture

I stayed for three months at Te Whanau Bupa levin and had seen and heard enough. Toxic work culture, no orientation, extremely bad manager. Just expected to know everything. Was lied to twice by manager blaming issue on myself...yelled at in corridor for no reason when trying to do my job. Pay stuffed up a few times. Appalling place to work

Prioritising maintenance tasks to care home needs, with time management and liaison with department head and care home manager.

Typical day will be walking around care home facilities checking for faults that compromise safety, security of residents and staffs. Help, ensuring privacy, respect and dignity is given to all residents

Work Till you Drop!!!

I have recently left Crossley House without giving any notice as I got so fed up of the staff there especially on nights. I believe now it to be a place where there is a click, you are either part of it or else your bullied in the form of being over worked. Most Seniors in charge of night shifts walk around as if they own the place and treat the rest care staff like they are unimportant. Too busy trying to look important themselves. Uneducated Senior fools here, medication scattered in lounges, bedrooms, corridors.Poor residents!!

I have innate skills in caring peoples and interest in social work.

My recent job experience add value to my capability to do any job with mindfulness and gave me valuable experience as an active team member who always gets the job done comes from my demonstrated ability to multi-task. My experience has taught me the importance of being proactive and I pride myself on my ability to adapt to all kinds of situations as they arise.

My time at bupa was great I loved the job. Management was very easy to communicate with

My typical day at work was different daily learning new tasks, including meeting new people and I enjoyed the opportunity to Talk to residents getting to know them even helping them in times of need.

Lack of training or career growth

No compensation for working overtime. High turnover rate. Poor work-life balance. Lack of training. Inflexible annual leave arrangement. No support for after work studies. Micromanaging in some teams. Choose your team carefully and wisely. 95% of the people are not great. Be aware of employees and managers who are rude and domineering. Flexible work arrangement should be given to employees who constantly have to work overtime or work at night to meet the business needs. Employees should be required to evaluate the performance of their managers quarterly and anonymously. talk to people and listen to them dont pretend that everything is great.

Pros

not at all

Cons

Management bullying, they want you to fail, Team coaches just as bad. Boring job. horrible working environment, Fail you on every opportunity, High school environment

Nighmare!!!! Go there at your own risk

Immature in technology even though its not a complex organisation. People are resistance to change. Capability gaps exists. Great people and some great leaders - just hope they're your leader. If they're not then it can be pretty awful. Also salaries are very much below average and the career progression is incredibly haphazard. 'Flexible' is lip service. In actuality, you may have a manager who tells you that you can't leave early to pick up your child and work the rest of the day from home and you'll have no recourse for this. Be a bit more aware of some of the toxic leaders you seem to hold in such high regard while managing to discard some of the great ones who people look up to - and will follow. Does the place need a clean out? Yes. But you are also putting a lot of faith in leaders who are widely considered lazy, incompetent and even downright snakes while letting some fantastic ones who would attract the talent you need walk out the. Poor management, no team work, staff not sharing information, managers are not helpful they are just looking after themselves in order to keep their jobs. No clear direction, hard to talk to your manager they are always in meetings, if you enjoy working late till midnight this is the right place. Old systems in place massive use of excels for accounting ( like we are in still in the 90's) lack of investment in IT, too much politics, no empathy towards junior staff ( even told to do managers work), no proper accounting processes in place, little controls in place, too many meetings ( you have to have a meeting to have a meeting) and not -

Pros

nothing

Cons

Very political, particularly where some senior managers are concerned, Not enough is done to manage poor performance Reactive, rather than proactive attitudes, Lack of appreciation that we offer high cost, high value products- some of the services we offer do not match this, Lack of investment into technology Very silo’d working environment, Unfair pay structure HR are very unhelpful

Lessons from a bad experience

As a typical UK company, new ideas are not so welcomed at Bupa. Decision making is a long process. Not much room left for the development of career planning. From my years of experience in the healthcare business I did not find any cons with this company. their salaries are very competitive. Tuition reimbursement minimum but it helps, company has partnership with private universities, offering reduced tuition which is a benefit.Lack of carers to care for vulnerable residents at home.

Avoid at all costs

Extremely poor HR department can't get anything right. Hires unqualified and inexperienced project managers as department managers. Directors of certain areas have non technical background but put in place to lead technical driven departments. Poor planning operates in constant reactive vs proactive mode. No clear vision on business...

It's a shame for humanity

As the industry began to shrink, the politics at the senior leader level was becoming as competitive and toxic as I have ever seen. The power plays at a gender and functional level was untenable. long hours and overworked employees. Chronic under resourcing and inefficiencies mean long hours required

I worked at Bupa full-time for more than a year

Management bullying, they want you to fail. Team coaches just as bad. Boring job. horrible working environment. Fail you on every opportunity. HIgh school environment.

Avoid at all costs

Pros

No pros

Cons

As the company moves through organizational change the ability

Bupa is very cheap Health insurance services provider, i experienced ever

Bupa is always provide very notorious health insurance service to their customers. The customer services are also very cheap. Bupa is shame for humanity....

hi like to work here always is the have good cominication can improve my skill

hi like to work with others its can improve my experience to learnt all the job .this is rest home here i can help alder people who need hand and help kitchen staff to peeper food for resident.

Nice place to work

I just have to thank the Bupa managers for giving me the opportunity to work in this wonderful company. Everyone helped me a lot when I got here in New Zealand.

productive and fun environment

Working is more strict based on the given tasks you are required to finish in 3-4 hours. You work alone but can interact with others during a break. Co-workers are friendly and always have smiling faces whenever you see them. Seniors are friendly and fun to talk to and will somehow lighten your day.

Pros

free lollies from elderly and food from company

Cons

Toilet cleaning

nice place to work

Bupa dental care is formally Oasis, nice company to work for. A lot of opportunities for progression. GDC registration is paid for, Core CPD provided.

Pros

GDC registration paid for

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bupa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Bupa