Bupa
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Bupa Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Auckland City, Auckland8 reviews
good place to work.
i have learned a lot of things from this job like teamwork, helping nature, and many more. the management is also good in Bupa. Nothing is hardest in this job. The most enjoyable part is to spend time with elders.
Pros
meals are offered to staff as well.
Cons
long hours shifts
Good
Vry good sufficient for living , excellent pay rate weekend allowance i love to work with bupa job security good working environment team work work life balance.
work life
It was great working for Bupa, you form a firm relationship with both residents and staff. The only sad thing about working in a retirement home is you get very attached to the residents and it gets increasingly sad when they pass away
Pros
residents
Cons
residents
living up with I am Bupa
the best company i ever worked for. I like how managers are trained to lead their staffs. there is a certain standard of care you know as Bupa way. Im glad I worked for them
productive place
I started with a handover, then go on checking patients and setting them up for the day. Giving the medications.
fun work place
Start a day by a big smile and greeting every individual a go pass. Collecting dirty laundry and delivering clean linen is basically what I do everyday. Sorting the residences clothing and delivering it to their respective rooms.
I've learnt how to communicate well with elderly people. I've learnt how to work as a team and most importantly how to treat every co- workers with respect as everyone is different.

The management has its own way to manage their employees. I was treated well as an employee.

Communication with co-workers is very important, so each one knows what is going on around them.

The hardest part of my job is doing laundry early in the morning and carrying 20KG full of laundry to the washing machine.

The enjoyable part of my job is when residences are happy when they see their clothing.
Pros
at times morning tea is provided by management
Cons
Long Hours
Pay was not good when i first started
In 2005, pay was not that great in Glenburn. We were paid $19 per hour only.
Good working environment
Meeting the staff in the facilities has been a highlight and a pleasure to teach them. I have learned about working with Pacific Island cultures and how they like to learn.
The team are good fun and hard working.
Pros
flexible hours and
Cons
lack of contact with team members