Bupa
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Bupa Management reviews

New Zealand50 reviews
i have learned a lot of things from this job like teamwork, helping nature, and many more. the management is also good in Bupa. Nothing is hardest in this job. The most enjoyable part is to spend time with elders.
Pros
meals are offered to staff as well.
Cons
long hours shifts
I stayed for three months at Te Whanau Bupa levin and had seen and heard enough. Toxic work culture, no orientation, extremely bad manager. Just expected to know everything. Was lied to twice by manager blaming issue on myself...yelled at in corridor for no reason when trying to do my job. Pay stuffed up a few times. Appalling place to work
I have recently left Crossley House without giving any notice as I got so fed up of the staff there especially on nights. I believe now it to be a place where there is a click, you are either part of it or else your bullied in the form of being over worked. Most Seniors in charge of night shifts walk around as if they own the place and treat the rest care staff like they are unimportant. Too busy trying to look important themselves. Uneducated Senior fools here, medication scattered in lounges, bedrooms, corridors.Poor residents!!
No compensation for working overtime. High turnover rate. Poor work-life balance. Lack of training. Inflexible annual leave arrangement. No support for after work studies. Micromanaging in some teams. Choose your team carefully and wisely. 95% of the people are not great. Be aware of employees and managers who are rude and domineering. Flexible work arrangement should be given to employees who constantly have to work overtime or work at night to meet the business needs. Employees should be required to evaluate the performance of their managers quarterly and anonymously. talk to people and listen to them dont pretend that everything is great.
Pros
not at all
Cons
Management bullying, they want you to fail, Team coaches just as bad. Boring job. horrible working environment, Fail you on every opportunity, High school environment
Immature in technology even though its not a complex organisation. People are resistance to change. Capability gaps exists. Great people and some great leaders - just hope they're your leader. If they're not then it can be pretty awful. Also salaries are very much below average and the career progression is incredibly haphazard. 'Flexible' is lip service. In actuality, you may have a manager who tells you that you can't leave early to pick up your child and work the rest of the day from home and you'll have no recourse for this.
Be a bit more aware of some of the toxic leaders you seem to hold in such high regard while managing to discard some of the great ones who people look up to - and will follow. Does the place need a clean out? Yes. But you are also putting a lot of faith in leaders who are widely considered lazy, incompetent and even downright snakes while letting some fantastic ones who would attract the talent you need walk out the.
Poor management, no team work, staff not sharing information, managers are not helpful they are just looking after themselves in order to keep their jobs. No clear direction, hard to talk to your manager they are always in meetings, if you enjoy working late till midnight this is the right place. Old systems in place massive use of excels for accounting ( like we are in still in the 90's) lack of investment in IT, too much politics, no empathy towards junior staff ( even told to do managers work), no proper accounting processes in place, little controls in place, too many meetings ( you have to have a meeting to have a meeting) and not
 - more...
Pros
nothing
Cons
Very political, particularly where some senior managers are concerned, Not enough is done to manage poor performance Reactive, rather than proactive attitudes, Lack of appreciation that we offer high cost, high value products- some of the services we offer do not match this, Lack of investment into technology Very silo’d working environment, Unfair pay structure HR are very unhelpful
Extremely poor HR department can't get anything right. Hires unqualified and inexperienced project managers as department managers. Directors of certain areas have non technical background but put in place to lead technical driven departments. Poor planning operates in constant reactive vs proactive mode. No clear vision on business...
As the industry began to shrink, the politics at the senior leader level was becoming as competitive and toxic as I have ever seen. The power plays at a gender and functional level was untenable. long hours and overworked employees. Chronic under resourcing and inefficiencies mean long hours required
Management bullying, they want you to fail. Team coaches just as bad. Boring job. horrible working environment. Fail you on every opportunity. HIgh school environment.
Pros
No pros
Cons
As the company moves through organizational change the ability
The normal routine preparing meals and serving for dinnner. The elderly need assistants with all cares. The people with dementia need love and care time and patience does pay off.The management side do their best to ensure quality care is provided. The culture there is respected to all religion and backgrounds. The hardest challlenge was trying to keep everyone together, their were wanderers. There were always enjoyable times.
Pros
You can a break when there is time
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bupa?
Love working for Bupa, Great environment. Management are lovely, the care staff are amzing, so many ways to upskill within the workplace. Great wrok perks
Nice environment and love residents , I loved my job, loved helping management team. I was supervising household staffs and prepared roster. I loved my job
Good company to work
Free uniforms

Good fellow workers

Good and friendly management
Values and beliefs
Organised rooster

Good working hours

Flexible schedules
Pros
Free morning tea
Cons
Buzy
Skilled staff vs. Unskilled employees.
Measuring employee turnover can be helpful to employers that want to estimate the cost to hire for budget purpose.
Pros
Free tea, coffee or milo
Cons
Staff does double shifts often
Everyday is a busy day.Hard job but good management and friendly staff.Heavy patients that you need to cares but I love to give care to the elderly like my own grandparents.
Pros
happy workplace
Cons
short breaktimes
nice company to work.it is my first job in new Zealand so learned a lot in this. i have competed my NZQA level 2 &3 in my 7 months job.but this job is not relevant to my experience and my studies.so i thought i better to move on.i have done MBA(Master in Business Management) so want to join retail industry.
Pros
nice management
Cons
less hours
Start a day by a big smile and greeting every individual a go pass. Collecting dirty laundry and delivering clean linen is basically what I do everyday. Sorting the residences clothing and delivering it to their respective rooms.
I've learnt how to communicate well with elderly people. I've learnt how to work as a team and most importantly how to treat every co- workers with respect as everyone is different.

The management has its own way to manage their employees. I was treated well as an employee.
Communication with co-workers is very important, so each one knows what is going on around them.

The hardest part of my job is doing laundry early in the morning and carrying 20KG full of laundry to the washing machine.

The enjoyable part of my job is when residences are happy when they see their clothing.
Pros
at times morning tea is provided by management
Cons
Long Hours
management is always concern of your health and well being,i learn to budget time at work, learn different cultures,different attitudes of work mates, learn to adopt it,.day to day job is always busy and happy,i learn that to be an old age in new zealand is sad, because your family , your children just left you in the resthome after the sacrifices they made to take care of they children and after all.. they will left thier parents to other peolple to take care of.
Pros
free lunches, snack, trainings free, first aid, etc
Cons
long happy hours