Bupa Management reviews

Found 10 reviews matching the search See all 1,258 reviews
The resident's are loving people
Healthcare assistant (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland23 November 2017
The normal routine preparing meals and serving for dinnner. The elderly need assistants with all cares. The people with dementia need love and care time and patience does pay off.The management side do their best to ensure quality care is provided. The culture there is respected to all religion and backgrounds. The hardest challlenge was trying to keep everyone together, their were wanderers. There were always enjoyable times.
Pros
You can a break when there is time
Great Environment
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  New Plymouth, Taranaki9 November 2017
Love working for Bupa, Great environment. Management are lovely, the care staff are amzing, so many ways to upskill within the workplace. Great wrok perks
Good envious
Household supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland20 March 2017
Nice environment and love residents , I loved my job, loved helping management team. I was supervising household staffs and prepared roster. I loved my job
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Christchurch City, Canterbury17 March 2017
Values and beliefs
Organised rooster
Good working hours
Flexible schedules
Pros
Free morning tea
Cons
Buzy
Staff turnover is high
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Whakatane, Bay of Plenty23 February 2017
Skilled staff vs. Unskilled employees.
Measuring employee turnover can be helpful to employers that want to estimate the cost to hire for budget purpose.
Pros
Free tea, coffee or milo
Cons
Staff does double shifts often
not an easy job but I've learned a lot from this job.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Whangaparaoa, Auckland26 August 2016
Everyday is a busy day.Hard job but good management and friendly staff.Heavy patients that you need to cares but I love to give care to the elderly like my own grandparents.
Pros
happy workplace
Cons
short breaktimes
nice experience.learn a lot on this job.
care giving (Current Employee) –  Tauranga22 September 2015
nice company to work.it is my first job in new Zealand so learned a lot in this. i have competed my NZQA level 2 &3 in my 7 months job.but this job is not relevant to my experience and my studies.so i thought i better to move on.i have done MBA(Master in Business Management) so want to join retail industry.
Pros
nice management
Cons
less hours
fun work place
Laundry Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auckland, N6 July 2014
Start a day by a big smile and greeting every individual a go pass. Collecting dirty laundry and delivering clean linen is basically what I do everyday. Sorting the residences clothing and delivering it to their respective rooms.
I've learnt how to communicate well with elderly people. I've learnt how to work as a team and most importantly how to treat every co- workers with respect as everyone is different.
The management has its own way to manage their employees. I was treated well as an employee.
Communication with co-workers is very important, so each one knows what is going on around them.
The hardest part of my job is doing laundry early in the morning and carrying 20KG full of laundry to the washing machine.
The enjoyable part of my job is when residences are happy when they see their clothing.
Pros
at times morning tea is provided by management
Cons
Long Hours
productive,fun environment
kitchen hand (Former Employee) –  Wellington, N23 May 2014
management is always concern of your health and well being,i learn to budget time at work, learn different cultures,different attitudes of work mates, learn to adopt it,.day to day job is always busy and happy,i learn that to be an old age in new zealand is sad, because your family , your children just left you in the resthome after the sacrifices they made to take care of they children and after all.. they will left thier parents to other peolple to take care of.
Pros
free lunches, snack, trainings free, first aid, etc
Cons
long happy hours