Bupa
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Bupa Employee Reviews

New Zealand50 reviews
hi like to work here always is the have good cominication can improve my skill
hi like to work with others its can improve my experience to learnt all the job .this is rest home here i can help alder people who need hand and help kitchen staff to peeper food for resident.
The resident's are loving people
The normal routine preparing meals and serving for dinnner. The elderly need assistants with all cares. The people with dementia need love and care time and patience does pay off.The management side do their best to ensure quality care is provided. The culture there is respected to all religion and backgrounds. The hardest challlenge was trying to keep everyone together, their were wanderers. There were always enjoyable times.
Pros
You can a break when there is time
Great Environment
Love working for Bupa, Great environment. Management are lovely, the care staff are amzing, so many ways to upskill within the workplace. Great wrok perks
Non productive
This position had no beneficial gains it was just a job that filled my time and space until I found something else and moved north. The days were not self forfilling or even positive or safety based for both the workers and the clients. I didn't enjoy or look forward to being on this team of persons.
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
Amazing company to work for
I only left Bupa due to buying my own business but am ready to go back into part time or casual work . I found Bupa a pleasant company to work for and managed to advance my training through them .
Pros
I love working with the elderly and Bupa has great ongoing training available
work life
It was great working for Bupa, you form a firm relationship with both residents and staff. The only sad thing about working in a retirement home is you get very attached to the residents and it gets increasingly sad when they pass away
Pros
residents
Cons
residents
Fun working with residents
Had a good experience working at Bupa. Getting to know the residents was a challenge, the types of food they eat, what they prefer to wear before sleeping and waking up. Loved the residents.
Pros
Free lunches on tuesdays
Cons
Long hours with low rates
Small resthome
Great Care Staff who provided excellent care
Bupa provides great powerpoints which are used for regular education sessions

Great residents

Issues were not addressed / resolved which led to dissatisfaction and frustration

The facility has been refurbished looking clean and fresh

There is a lack of communication between the apartment residents and the facility so when someone is unwell in the apartments and the facility staff are called to check them they do not know them
living up with I am Bupa
the best company i ever worked for. I like how managers are trained to lead their staffs. there is a certain standard of care you know as Bupa way. Im glad I worked for them
Good envious
Nice environment and love residents , I loved my job, loved helping management team. I was supervising household staffs and prepared roster. I loved my job
Good company to work
Free uniforms

Good fellow workers

Good and friendly management

Values and beliefs

Organised rooster

Good working hours

Flexible schedules
Pros
Free morning tea
Cons
Buzy
kitchen assistance
experienced cashier, well-versed in money handling and the cash register.
experience care giver

friendly customer service assistance offering more then 7 years of retail and food service experience
Pros
nil
Staff turnover is high
Skilled staff vs. Unskilled employees.
Measuring employee turnover can be helpful to employers that want to estimate the cost to hire for budget purpose.
Pros
Free tea, coffee or milo
Cons
Staff does double shifts often
good brand name
Worked there as a casual/temp at various sites,
can be a dull company to work, as head office is off shore, each branch is different and kind of which branch is the best/worst sort off thing as each has own way of doing task.

So not like a closed in family like atmosphere as in a local private work place.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay, off shore business
Very relaxed worklplace
Easy going job, very routine, not the most fun job but not the worst speaking a young persons perspective. I had a manager who respected requests when given fair reason or time.
Pros
Free Meals
not an easy job but I've learned a lot from this job.
Everyday is a busy day.Hard job but good management and friendly staff.Heavy patients that you need to cares but I love to give care to the elderly like my own grandparents.
Pros
happy workplace
Cons
short breaktimes
Rewarding
Receive handover from previos shift. Medication distribution. Person centre care with fellow care givers. Enjoy to assist clients with ADL's and share abit of humour. Deterioration and end of life of our clients is hard. I have learned to except people as they are no matter what their culture and personallity is.
nice experience.learn a lot on this job.
nice company to work.it is my first job in new Zealand so learned a lot in this. i have competed my NZQA level 2 &3 in my 7 months job.but this job is not relevant to my experience and my studies.so i thought i better to move on.i have done MBA(Master in Business Management) so want to join retail industry.
Pros
nice management
Cons
less hours
fun worklace
sometimes very stressful at work,...learned a lot through working with experienced staff...
have in house trainings and educations sessions

have mixed culture co workers to work with
good place to learn and gain experience
one of the best places to work as a nurse
will get exposure with the most ultra modern machineries used in the ICU

part of the CODE BLUE TEAM
i think every one should be happy at work
as i am hard working person learned lot from three company's also my new co-workers once i get to know what to do then work makes easy like meeting new people, hardest part could be when i don't know what to do i like working when its full time job and also good pay makes me happy.
Pros
i always take my lunch with me
Cons
long hours are good