Burger King

Burger King Employee Reviews

New Zealand228 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Found 228 reviews matching the searchSee all 50,085 reviews

I love the staff but the only thing is it is very pressuring

Well the staff are good but the thing is not many could handle and i have been working for almost 5 years but the thing is it’s super pressuring. But so far so good.

Pros

free ticket for sky basketball game, free meal

Cons

Shift hours

Stressful

Pros: free food & drink, free wifi, parking spotsCons: staffroom not available, micromanaging taskmaster box-tickers bossing coworkers around and often refusing to do actual work, yelling at us to "go faster", "come on" and such phrases even when we are able to complete the work without guidance well independently, rude customers from long wait times due to untrained new staff and not enough people on shifts, unresponsive upper management tells us to "contact someone else", employees more than not are tired, sleepless, have anger issues and resentment so new workers don't stay around much and are not trained fully or taken advantage of for not knowing precise shift responsibilities under purposefully general position name "team member"

Management is disorganized, but I do love work because of my coworkers

Managing Burger king I had the best of people that I trained to do work. But having a disorganized management can be really stressful. Regardless, if targets are met above and beyond, there are still a lot to learn.

Its a really fun place to work in and the food is awesome as alwayz and the team workers are great !!! We work well together and so on👌👍

Full of fun Made good friends and pretty much multiculturalEveryone support each other in so many ways Leaders and Management were awesome as they were flexible in taking care of everything and situations.

good place to be

its like a seccond family wokring at burger king mangers are good everything else is meh free meals and lcukly for me manger was chill and allowing good times

the worst job ive ever have it hurts to go to work. managers will hate you and make you not want to do anything at all. please don't think this is an easy job, it really isn't.

No appreciation for the managers or crew

Horrible workplace, Higher ups dont care about rostering or the stress in the workplace, their idea of a reward for staff is a $20 voucher for staff working 7-14 days without a day off.Pay isnt work with with crew getting minimum wage and managers getting a dollar or two more.Expectations are way to high with low staff rostering and no care or the evening shifts at all.

Fun work place

Yes the people (as in staff and co workers) were nice and willing to tech as well as the training process was easy to get the hang of. Would recommend working if you are student

Pros

Meeeting people

Cons

Standing for long hours

Challenging but fun workplace

Normally working in fast food is always fast pace. It's a great way to do my everyday exercise. And the food is free! The challenge comes during rush hours when everybody is hungry and hurrying up to eat.

Pros

Free meal

Cons

Pressure for meeting the daily speed of service.

Stressed and under scrutiny by unprofessional and incompetent management

The best part of the day after any shift is leaving. There is a constant culture of hating the job. People are envious of people who have resigned because the management has a bad habit of not letting people quit, threatening to fire them if they asked again. The work is consistently stressful with small mistakes being constantly pointed out and compliments from customers ignored. The wages are minimal and stay minimal. The only raise i ever received after working there for 4 years was a 30 cent increase for doing the morning maintenance which was exponentially more involved and stressful. i am currently looking for a new job and its the best decision i have made in 4 years. Wish me luck

Pros

One free meal just big enough for you to not die on shift

Cons

Management and work culture in general

Fast paced

Usually full on engaged with jobs.Includes cleaning and training for advancement in pay.Sometimes can be stressful, but can also be pretty relaxed.Recommend working days, as there's usually more crew to lighten the load.Some managers can make a shift or make it more stressful.

Pros

Free meal per shift

Cons

Long hours and stressful work

Under staffed and not fun

I had worked here for a decent amount of time and I know from the first week It would be rough. there was no team effort and very judgemental towards staff. I would like to say I enjoyed it but it was difficult. the workplace culture was that no one would help in front-drive or production and it was man for themselves. Customers were rude there as this store is in the heart of Papatoetoe. I would at least expect the management to be kind but in the first week I was told off for a customer not having any money in their account. The hardest part of the job was when my shift had ended and I was about to leave, they swore and forced me to stay back to the point I am doing more than 12 hours a day while studying. I wished they would have more staff and no problems would simply occur. The most enjoyable part of the job was going home.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

rude staff, Long hours, low staffed

Too stressful

I worked at BURGERKING for 2 years. This might just be my store but I’m guessing not. We were understaffed most nights. Sick calls would be hard to cover, leaving the other crew to stay late and pick up the slack. Customers treat you like trash and head office doesn’t know what’s going on. Health and safety is only followed when an audit is in town and can lead to some pretty gross stuff happening. Pretty bad experience

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Mental health toll

Not great.

Hours are long and stressful. The amount of rude customers that come through can take a toll on mental health, I’ve watched people’s mental state drop as they continued to work at Bk. Management is trash and I honestly can’t wait to find a new job and resign. However, I have met some amazing people that I enjoy to hang and work with.

Pros

Free lunches, can make good friends

Cons

Bad management. Rude customers. Can take a toll on mental health.

You just got to work anywhere if you want money

Just give it a go I guess some like it some don’t it is stressful, if you think you handle people yelling at you do it or if your looking for a first job it’s okay I guess

Fun

Good company to work with and gives you a different experience in the fast food industry. Had help from the managers and crews i had work with and made me feel wanted as a part of a family.

nice

It was alright but to be honest if you weren't a certain ethnicity (not being racist or anything) you were treated differently and you could feel. But if your will is strong enough you could deal with it.

Hospitality and co-operative based work place.

Nice experience and a perfect job for someone still attending high school or University. The hours are pretty flexible and the co-workers were always kind/welcoming.

Burger King

Burger King is an amazing work place and people to work with. Sometime dealing with the customers can be hard but you can always call a manager but if they are busy you can always call a crew member who been there long enough to help you because everyone there always has a helping hand.

It was a busy year with a good crew and great managers and the team worked really well together and work was face paced but manageable.

Not bad but not all great, job is hard but a good job is appreciated. The managers did their jobs and we worked hard towards making the team great and the work place was effective with customers.

Never again

Work itself was ok. Learnt lots of skills on drive thru and front counter. Would recommend for students but career advancement is limited and management at my store were derogatory at times and demeaning. Was fast tracked for management pretty quick but the pay is average and they expect you to be available for a huge amount of hours a week whenever they feel like it.

Pros

Fast paced, busy, cool co workers

Cons

Limited income, rude management, long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Burger King