Burger King

Burger King Employee Reviews

Found 203 reviews matching the search See all 41,241 reviews
I will not return
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lower Hutt, Wellington6 January 2020
It was a ongoing process of different shifts. No promises to a successful outcome or job benefits. Previous qualifications and experience were not taken into account.
Shifts can be long, but its aight
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Botany Downs, Auckland27 December 2019
Honestly, this job depends on who is working with you. If you have a chill team, and the customers aren't coming at you full force, the shift is fine, but if you have bad/boring co workers the days can get pretty long.
The cooperation is low
staff (Current Employee) –  Carterton4 December 2019
the BK needs more changes to be a good place to work. The changing may come from the top management to the shift managers. The compliance is the first one needs to be changed
productive workplace
team crew-member (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland2 December 2019
although my experience at Burger King was limited it was an overall good experience, love the friendly vibes that the other works radiated truly special. However, i have felt that working at Burger King wasn't for me.
productive and fun at work
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury26 November 2019
good place to start your career at fast food industry as you start from scratch and gradually move up the ladder. As you have a mixed culture of people working there you also get to learn about different culture.
Worst place you could ever work
Team trainer (Former Employee) –  Nelson City, Nelson25 November 2019
They treated you like I was dirt. To them you were not a person. You were just something helping them make money. You were there to be used and walked all over. After working there I needed therapy. My holiday pay out was short of over $500 but I could never prove it because they locked me out of my employee account a week before I finished working there. Overall worst time of my life.
Was great with the people I worked with except a couple
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Nelson, New Zealand24 November 2019
Was targeted by the main manager for anything that went wrong, was never in the right with her, threatened to have me done for fraud at one time......
workplace culture
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mangere, Auckland14 November 2019
Overall made some great friends there and gained some workplace experience. There was no room for growth because it was limited and couldn’t swap shifts.
fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New Lynn, Auckland13 November 2019
the workplace is really fast paced and fun when you get the hang of everything and have a great team to help out. I learnt so much from , cooking, making burgers , taking orders, running them, cleaning , maintenance, and a lot more
fast paced
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Highbury, Auckland12 November 2019
management was not supportive or understanding, the day was very fast-paced and stressful. the most enjoyable part of the job was the breaks. didn't get full training and was required to do online training at home in my own time.
Team Member
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pukekohe, Auckland26 October 2019
I was only Part time while i was there, but when i was there i loved the fast pace and the work environment. Team members where great. Had no issues with management my time there. But i did enjoy my time and the people there. I learnt a lot about Customer Service Skills as well as Health and safety procedures. How to handle yourself when confront with a upset customer whether there are in store in the drive thru.
It was a good work place
CREW WORKER (Former Employee) –  Hastings, Hawke's Bay21 October 2019
The work place is okay, The worker are amazing people to work with they make your day brighter and more easier to work with. The customers can be a pain sometimes but that alright
Stressful environment
Crew (Former Employee) –  South Dunedin, Otago19 October 2019
I"ve worked in Two different Burger King stores now the first was great the management team there not only taught me how to do the job and do it well but the ethic people should have towards a job
The second however the management there was nasty to its workers putting way to much pressure on some of their workers and slack on others also allowing to store to run in unsafe work practice for the staff themselves
Review
Team member (Current Employee) –  Timaru, Canterbury13 September 2019
good place for first time job. Pay is slightly over minimum wage once fully trained a for a pay rise is available however takes very long. Lots of hours available receiving extra shifts is on demand alot of the time. Very stressful but fast paced environment. Communication is not the greatest . Have a crew who knows what they're doing with good teamwork is the key!
Productive and Fun Workplace
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Auckland9 August 2019
Burger King was a fun working environment. I learned a lot after i was promoted to become a shift manager after 4 months working as a staff member. I developed strong problem solving skills, dealing with customers and their complaints all the time and I also developed more skills and experiences in Admin as well as being a shift manager, what my responsibilities were and looking after 10 - 12 staff. Not every day is the same working at Burger King.
The hardest part of my job as a Shift Manager was when i dealt with the most aggressive or abusive customers, especially when they start throwing things at you and it wasn't easy to calm them down and try to have a proper talk with them but ended up walking out of the restaurant or drive off the drive thru and when some of team didn't wanna listen to me or never got anything or work done properly.
The most enjoyable part was whenever there's a competition between all the Burger King Stores in New Zealand (eg. $2 Whopper Day) and we always eager to check or see which store sold more Whopper Burgers and also when my team and I work together to get something done.
Fun workplace to get quality experience
Drive-Thru Operator And Front Counter (Current Employee) –  Epsom, Auckland19 July 2019
A great place to learn and grow if interested in working in a fast and agile environment. I really enjoy this job because of my co-workers and customers.
Pros
free lunch
decent work place
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington26 June 2019
sometimes strapped for hours if you are a student. A typical day might not be too busy, and normally runs without incident. the management is pretty good and the work culture is good as well. Hardest part of the job is multi-tasking.
Pros
free meals on the job
Cons
work load can be a bit much, high expectations
Lovely place to work with lovely coworker
Employee (Former Employee) –  New Lynn, Auckland5 May 2019
I have experience lot of being work at kitchen there. Learned have a good attitude to everyone’s and always hygiene at working time. Be friendly and kind to each other. Be active and focus on Woking be clean like I said hygiene” is the first thing to do for you before start working every time. Yeah experience so much skill while I work at Burger King and I love it
Productive and fun working environment
Cashier/ Drive thru personale (Former Employee) –  Panmure, Auckland8 March 2019
What I enjoyed most at Burger King were the interactions I had with other people. Whether it had been with customers or teammates there was never a dull moment at work. Furthermore, I loved the support of each team member, as well as shift managers, provided for me.

In the short 8 months, I had been working at Burger King I had learnt that if a mistake is made, there is no time to fuss over it. The managers would've asked what happened, what went wrong and then carefully explain what I should've done and moved on. The fast-food industry is, in fact, fast-paced, which means there is no time for mistakes. But if one is made, simply move on and don't make that same mistake. Then all will be forgiven.
Pros
Free lunches, friendly/supportive shift managers and team members.
Cons
If understaffed, no brake for a few hours
friendly environment
Kitchen hand (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, Bay of Plenty18 January 2019
this is my first job and one of the best environment i can ever have so good fellow crew members and managers. i have done made burgers, worked in till as cashier, and i know little bit of drive thru .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.

510.8K