Burger King Employee Reviews

Found 187 reviews matching the search See all 37,721 reviews
Productive and Fun Workplace
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Auckland9 August 2019
Burger King was a fun working environment. I learned a lot after i was promoted to become a shift manager after 4 months working as a staff member. I developed strong problem solving skills, dealing with customers and their complaints all the time and I also developed more skills and experiences in Admin as well as being a shift manager, what my responsibilities were and looking after 10 - 12 staff. Not every day is the same working at Burger King.
The hardest part of my job as a Shift Manager was when i dealt with the most aggressive or abusive customers, especially when they start throwing things at you and it wasn't easy to calm them down and try to have a proper talk with them but ended up walking out of the restaurant or drive off the drive thru and when some of team didn't wanna listen to me or never got anything or work done properly.
The most enjoyable part was whenever there's a competition between all the Burger King Stores in New Zealand (eg. $2 Whopper Day) and we always eager to check or see which store sold more Whopper Burgers and also when my team and I work together to get something done.
decent work place
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington26 June 2019
sometimes strapped for hours if you are a student. A typical day might not be too busy, and normally runs without incident. the management is pretty good and the work culture is good as well. Hardest part of the job is multi-tasking.
Pros
free meals on the job
Cons
work load can be a bit much, high expectations
Lovely place to work with lovely coworker
Employee (Former Employee) –  New Lynn, Auckland5 May 2019
I have experience lot of being work at kitchen there. Learned have a good attitude to everyone’s and always hygiene at working time. Be friendly and kind to each other. Be active and focus on Woking be clean like I said hygiene” is the first thing to do for you before start working every time. Yeah experience so much skill while I work at Burger King and I love it
Productive and fun working environment
Cashier/ Drive thru personale (Former Employee) –  Panmure, Auckland8 March 2019
What I enjoyed most at Burger King were the interactions I had with other people. Whether it had been with customers or teammates there was never a dull moment at work. Furthermore, I loved the support of each team member, as well as shift managers, provided for me.

In the short 8 months, I had been working at Burger King I had learnt that if a mistake is made, there is no time to fuss over it. The managers would've asked what happened, what went wrong and then carefully explain what I should've done and moved on. The fast-food industry is, in fact, fast-paced, which means there is no time for mistakes. But if one is made, simply move on and don't make that same mistake. Then all will be forgiven.
Pros
Free lunches, friendly/supportive shift managers and team members.
Cons
If understaffed, no brake for a few hours
friendly environment
Kitchen hand (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, Bay of Plenty18 January 2019
this is my first job and one of the best environment i can ever have so good fellow crew members and managers. i have done made burgers, worked in till as cashier, and i know little bit of drive thru .
Good, stable work
Team member (Former Employee) –  Whangarei, Northland16 January 2019
This was a great starting job with very flexible hours and helpful and understanding management. Got to meet a lot of different and friendly people as new people were brought into the job quite regularly. Employees were looked after and treated fairly. Obviously there could be some problems with customers being unfriendly or demanding but the majority of customers were friendly. You have the opportunity to advance in the job and were are to learn a lot of new skills whilst working here.
Pros
A free meal every shift, and flexible hours
Cons
could take a while to receive next weeks roster
worst work place
Team Member Employed (Current Employee) –  Belfast31 December 2018
been under payed and very unprofessional and rude. I hate working there so im trying to fined other jobs that will fit me and i will feel more happy in.
Pros
friends you make
Cons
uderpay
Productive Workplace
Night shift worker (Former Employee) –  Mangere, Auckland18 November 2018
I learnt to work well within a team whilst working at burger king. The workplace culture had a lot of diversity which kept the workplace enjoyable. a typical day at burger king would be running orders or doing production work at the back.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long Hours
Burger king
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lyell18 November 2018
Burger has many great things to offer. It is important to be knowledgable in various areas especially being a crew member. Teaches you how to multiply task and keeps a steady flow thats can sometimes be a little overwhelming. All in all burger king is a great first choice
Meh
Team/Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Westcity13 November 2018
BK (as well as other fast food places) is a good place to start if you need a job or experience. However i would not reccomend staying for a long time or if you are able to find something better.

Starting with the negative, Some managers can be difficult, to work with. When managers make changes to your weekly roster (especially if its last minute changes) they sometimes do not give you any warning. They may not care about your educational or non-work related priorities (i've had a manager asked or made me work extra hours when i've told them numerous times that i needed to do an assessment nearly due).

As for the positives, they do provide a free meals (albiet a limited menu for crew meals) for every working day. it is quite flexable at times so it's good if you have uni, school or other priorities. Training is pretty decent they will teach you the basics and have you work with a manager or experienced staff untill you get the feel for the task.

Keep note that this is based on my experience in the multiple BK branches i've worked in over the years. Your experience may differ. Howerver my experience working with BK overall is mixed leaning slightly towards negative.
Pros
Free food, good team building, decent training.
Cons
Communication needs improving, time management need improving, some people can be difficult to work with.
was ideal
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Christchurch City, Canterbury16 October 2018
I enjoyed being a team member at this job. I loved the way management was handled and how everything just flowed nicely. we had such a awesome team. I wouldn't mind working for them again.
Pros
awesome team to work with.
Cons
not enough team on when more then on person wouldn't come in to work.
Enighet och samarbete
Part-time Co-worker (Former Employee) –  Palmerston North City, Manawatu-Wanganui30 September 2018
Det är en mycket bra arbetslivserfarenhet. Jag lärde mig mycket. Jag jobbar tillsammans med några andra arbetare.
Vi är i en grupp där alla arbetar aktivt och arbetar tillsammans för att uppnå gemensamma mål.
Fast food joint
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Gisborne23 September 2018
only worked here to help with the bills. Very catty and most of the people I worked with were very uptight and never thought to include everyone in anything. they had their own clicks. it was like high school all over again but you were getting paid
Fast food joint
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland23 September 2018
All run by Indians that never spoke a word of English to anyone out the back. They would stab people in the back when talking to other Indians and had no regard to us kiwis
Fun workplace but a bit hard at time
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New Zealand9 September 2018
The work was incredibly fun to work at but sometimes they make you do all 3 positions at once and its sometimes hard to keep up. But I would recommend it
Pros
Free Lunch and free food at the end when shop is closing!
Fun workplace
Sylvia Park-Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland19 August 2018
Everyday at work you need to be prepared and ready for the rush, never know what time it can get busy. It's good to meet new people and make good friends at work. Sometimes we don't get all our breaks which is annoying.
Need to be stocked up and full of energy to be fast and fresh service to the customers.
Pros
Free crew meals
Cons
doing long hours
fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Porirua, Wellington1 August 2018
Worked here for nearly 3 years , Good for mums getting back to work . Get to meet different people everyday. Workers are nice that i worked with. Enjoy the staff.
Average workplace
Production (Former Employee) –  Gisborne29 June 2018
Burger King is a great place for a highschool student to be working at part time, which is exactly what I was doing. I enjoyed taking home the free food at the end, eventhough pay was small, pay was necessary.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Customer Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Napier, Hawke's Bay26 June 2018
Burger King in Napier is a fun and enjoyable place to work. The Team Leaders as well as the rest of the management staff allow their workers voices to be heard and express their interest in making their employees feel safe and welcomed within the team.
Fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Sylvia Park, Auckland23 June 2018
Burger King was my very first job, they taught me how to work at a fast pase, manage the front counter stock, make delicious burgers & manage difficult situations and customer complaints.. The hardest part was keeping up with the drive thru orders at such a fast pase during our lunch/dinner rush hours when i first started, and the most enjoyable part is interacting and working with my colligues / work partners and treating eachother as our own. Also enjoyed the odd laughs with different customers was something to look forward to.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.

59.8K