Burger King
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Burger King Employee Reviews

New Zealand214 reviews
It was alright but to be honest if you weren't a certain ethnicity (not being racist or anything) you were treated differently and you could feel. But if your will is strong enough you could deal with it.
Just give it a go I guess some like it some don’t it is stressful, if you think you handle people yelling at you do it or if your looking for a first job it’s okay I guess
Good company to work with and gives you a different experience in the fast food industry. Had help from the managers and crews i had work with and made me feel wanted as a part of a family.
Nice experience and a perfect job for someone still attending high school or University. The hours are pretty flexible and the co-workers were always kind/welcoming.
Burger King is an amazing work place and people to work with. Sometime dealing with the customers can be hard but you can always call a manager but if they are busy you can always call a crew member who been there long enough to help you because everyone there always has a helping hand.
Not bad but not all great, job is hard but a good job is appreciated.
The managers did their jobs and we worked hard towards making the team great and the work place was effective with customers.
Work itself was ok. Learnt lots of skills on drive thru and front counter. Would recommend for students but career advancement is limited and management at my store were derogatory at times and demeaning. Was fast tracked for management pretty quick but the pay is average and they expect you to be available for a huge amount of hours a week whenever they feel like it.
Pros
Fast paced, busy, cool co workers
Cons
Limited income, rude management, long hours
Don't over work the workers treat all workers with respect you will find that you will get respect back don't single any race out that is what I found with management when I was working there that is a definite No No it would be good if the high rarkies would give their workers a free meal
Burger King started very hard for me, with a roster of mostly people speaking different language from English it was hard to get along with work mates. The Burger Management needs to be fixed, as always having lacking staff on a shift, meaning double the amount of stress to workers, when there is enough people on the roster.
Pros
Free Meal per shift
Cons
Bad managament
This job is only necessary if you need money, not a really good job for full-time. Managers are always angry even when you try your best to appease them while working.
Minimum wage all throughout. Very demanding job. You need to be able to learn quick only through verbal instructions. No comprehensive training documents to support you (not even an ingredient and procedure list for the various burgers). Disgusting and sometimes dangerous workplace. Bosses do not employ effective security personnel to protect those working during night shift hours.
It was a ongoing process of different shifts. No promises to a successful outcome or job benefits. Previous qualifications and experience were not taken into account.
Enjoyed working with my crew but the management caused a lot of issues ( with its lack of) and the lack of crew on the floor was detrimental. There was a lot of drama, sometimes felt like highschool.
Honestly, this job depends on who is working with you. If you have a chill team, and the customers aren't coming at you full force, the shift is fine, but if you have bad/boring co workers the days can get pretty long.
the BK needs more changes to be a good place to work. The changing may come from the top management to the shift managers. The compliance is the first one needs to be changed
although my experience at Burger King was limited it was an overall good experience, love the friendly vibes that the other works radiated truly special. However, i have felt that working at Burger King wasn't for me.
good place to start your career at fast food industry as you start from scratch and gradually move up the ladder. As you have a mixed culture of people working there you also get to learn about different culture.
They treated you like I was dirt. To them you were not a person. You were just something helping them make money. You were there to be used and walked all over. After working there I needed therapy. My holiday pay out was short of over $500 but I could never prove it because they locked me out of my employee account a week before I finished working there. Overall worst time of my life.
Was targeted by the main manager for anything that went wrong, was never in the right with her, threatened to have me done for fraud at one time......
Overall made some great friends there and gained some workplace experience. There was no room for growth because it was limited and couldn’t swap shifts.
the workplace is really fast paced and fun when you get the hang of everything and have a great team to help out. I learnt so much from , cooking, making burgers , taking orders, running them, cleaning , maintenance, and a lot more