Burger King
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Burger King Employee Reviews in Tauranga, Bay of Plenty

Tauranga, Bay of Plenty6 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Found 6 reviews matching the searchSee all 48,013 reviews

Steady Work

Its fun , fast paced and hard work but worth the pay, I enjoyed the early hours to set everything up and talking to customers while maintaining a clean environment.

Pros

Co-Workers are respectful

Cons

Constant Changes

friendly environment

this is my first job and one of the best environment i can ever have so good fellow crew members and managers. i have done made burgers, worked in till as cashier, and i know little bit of drive thru .

Lots of change of managment

I have been working at Burger King for a little under 2 years now. There has been a lot of change of managment over those 2 years which has been hard in the company and the people that work there. I very much enjoyed working at BK until recently. I became a manager. I believe that the managers are over worked and paid a lot less than we should be. I have been given a lot of opportunities at this work place and made a lot of decent friends and work associates.

Pros

Free lunches, good workers

Cons

No time for myself. Work every weekend

Average workplace, good first job

The general managers of the store are lovely and you do become good friends with them, but all management above this level are very unappreciative, rude and do not care about you at all. They expect your life to revolve around Burger King and think that it should be your number one priority, which I found to be a problem with other commitments (for example, education). Management will also cut your hours completely to the bare minimum if they don't like you (despite the fact they don't even know you because they never work with you). As well as this, co-workers constantly call in "sick" for shifts or just don't turn up and nothing gets done about this, so the store is often understaffed, making it even harder on other employees to keep up with customer demand and expectations. As well as this, staff turnover is extremely high, so many staff are untrained and frustrating to work with when they can't be bothered working and have a negative attitude when asked to do their job. A typical day at work varies: there are many different shifts, such as maintenance, day shift, closes or graveyard. In the store I worked in, maintenance started at 5am, and they set up the store, putting everything back in it's place ready for the day. Day shifts were normal: serving customers, making burgers, "running" orders (making up customer orders and giving them to customers), cleaning up and just doing general tasks throughout the day like restocking paper cups and cleaning lobby where customers sat. Closes are closing the store and often don't finish till 2am, and often started between 3 and -

Pros

Free meal per shift, lovely (most of the time) co-workers, friendly general managers, variety of hours that suit anyone outside of commitments

Cons

Bad upper management that treated you awfully, and getting your hours cut for no reason

Fun, productive work place

Loved it gained a lot of experience and work skills. Was very fast, learning environment. one down fall management needed to train and work along side as something aren't as straight forward.

Great team to work with

It was a awesome environment to work in and the staff were amazing, there was no favouritism from management with any of the other staff members which was great everyone got treated fairly.

Pros

Discounted meals

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8