Burger King
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Burger King Employee Reviews for Crew Member

Enjoyed working with my crew but the management caused a lot of issues ( with its lack of) and the lack of crew on the floor was detrimental. There was a lot of drama, sometimes felt like highschool.
Work itself was ok. Learnt lots of skills on drive thru and front counter. Would recommend for students but career advancement is limited and management at my store were derogatory at times and demeaning. Was fast tracked for management pretty quick but the pay is average and they expect you to be available for a huge amount of hours a week whenever they feel like it.
Pros
Fast paced, busy, cool co workers
Cons
Limited income, rude management, long hours
This job is only necessary if you need money, not a really good job for full-time. Managers are always angry even when you try your best to appease them while working.
Minimum wage all throughout. Very demanding job. You need to be able to learn quick only through verbal instructions. No comprehensive training documents to support you (not even an ingredient and procedure list for the various burgers). Disgusting and sometimes dangerous workplace. Bosses do not employ effective security personnel to protect those working during night shift hours.
It was a ongoing process of different shifts. No promises to a successful outcome or job benefits. Previous qualifications and experience were not taken into account.
although my experience at Burger King was limited it was an overall good experience, love the friendly vibes that the other works radiated truly special. However, i have felt that working at Burger King wasn't for me.
Was targeted by the main manager for anything that went wrong, was never in the right with her, threatened to have me done for fraud at one time......
Overall made some great friends there and gained some workplace experience. There was no room for growth because it was limited and couldn’t swap shifts.
the workplace is really fast paced and fun when you get the hang of everything and have a great team to help out. I learnt so much from , cooking, making burgers , taking orders, running them, cleaning , maintenance, and a lot more
The work place is okay, The worker are amazing people to work with they make your day brighter and more easier to work with. The customers can be a pain sometimes but that alright
I"ve worked in Two different Burger King stores now the first was great the management team there not only taught me how to do the job and do it well but the ethic people should have towards a job The second however the management there was nasty to its workers putting way to much pressure on some of their workers and slack on others also allowing to store to run in unsafe work practice for the staff themselves
BK (as well as other fast food places) is a good place to start if you need a job or experience. However i would not reccomend staying for a long time or if you are able to find something better. Starting with the negative, Some managers can be difficult, to work with. When managers make changes to your weekly roster (especially if its last minute changes) they sometimes do not give you any warning. They may not care about your educational or non-work related priorities (i've had a manager asked or made me work extra hours when i've told them numerous times that i needed to do an assessment nearly due). As for the positives, they do provide a free meals (albiet a limited menu for crew meals) for every working day. it is quite flexable at times so it's good if you have uni, school or other priorities. Training is pretty decent they will teach you the basics and have you work with a manager or experienced staff untill you get the feel for the task. Keep note that this is based on my experience in the multiple BK branches i've worked in over the years. Your experience may differ. Howerver my experience working with BK overall is mixed leaning slightly towards negative.
Pros
Free food, good team building, decent training.
Cons
Communication needs improving, time management need improving, some people can be difficult to work with.
The work was incredibly fun to work at but sometimes they make you do all 3 positions at once and its sometimes hard to keep up. But I would recommend it
Pros
Free Lunch and free food at the end when shop is closing!
Everyday at work you need to be prepared and ready for the rush, never know what time it can get busy. It's good to meet new people and make good friends at work. Sometimes we don't get all our breaks which is annoying. Need to be stocked up and full of energy to be fast and fresh service to the customers.
Pros
Free crew meals
Cons
doing long hours
Burger King was my very first job, they taught me how to work at a fast pase, manage the front counter stock, make delicious burgers & manage difficult situations and customer complaints.. The hardest part was keeping up with the drive thru orders at such a fast pase during our lunch/dinner rush hours when i first started, and the most enjoyable part is interacting and working with my colligues / work partners and treating eachother as our own. Also enjoyed the odd laughs with different customers was something to look forward to.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Long Hours
It was my first official job had its ups and downs as every job does, the hours were very full on as I am a hard working very valued team member. It is a goo first time job but not a job as a career
When I first started working at Hillcrest Burger King it was a great workplace but it then went downhill, the manager cut my shifts down for pathetic reasons like being on ACC as I hurt my knee at work but then when I was fit for work again he cut me down to one shift a week which isn't even enough to live on, I wasn't the only one he was doing it to either. The other staff members that I worked with most the time were fun to work with and we all got along really well. Hillcrest Burger King overall was an okay workplace but I definitely wouldn't recommend working there to be quite honest.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Difficult Manager
hard work satisfying the hungry. people can be picky and fussy, but you can not let that get in the way of your customer service. People skills is needed when working in a busy fast food company. i have learned that you are expected to be clean, tidy and ready for each shift. sometimes it can be stressful but your team mates will carry you if you let them help. don't be shy to ask for help or you wont get far. management were firm and fair in every decision made. the day goes faster when you are having fun. nothing is hard in the work place if you have the right attitude. my most enjoyable part of the job was customer service on the front till. taking peoples orders and handing them their food.
Had to fight for my pay rise for over the two years that I was there for as well as had to fight to take time off over this time period. they made me put the job above all else including studies that I was doing at this time.
Pros
Free uniforms and Food on breaks
Cons
Long Hours with no breaks sometimes
i enjoyed this job when i was there, cause i was doing all sorts during the night. i would start off doing the chips then the meat, then on to the dishes, then i would be on the burger board, when slow i would go check the toilets for cleaning and tidy the main floor. sweep n mop if needed, the crew were all extremely good to work with which is what made our nights even better i spose.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
can have long hours depends on locations
My experience from working for this company was at times varied. Oftentimes rostered hours were extended without notice. In my position as crew member,I learnt a number of new skills incl burger construction.
Pros
Discounted meal prices during work hours
Cons
Change in hours without notice