Burger King
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Burger King Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative25 reviews
New Zealand25 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Found 25 reviews matching the searchSee all 47,229 reviews

Ok

Don't over work the workers treat all workers with respect you will find that you will get respect back don't single any race out that is what I found with management when I was working there that is a definite No No it would be good if the high rarkies would give their workers a free meal

It was a busy year with a good crew and great managers and the team worked really well together and work was face paced but manageable.

Not bad but not all great, job is hard but a good job is appreciated. The managers did their jobs and we worked hard towards making the team great and the work place was effective with customers.

Team Member

I was only Part time while i was there, but when i was there i loved the fast pace and the work environment. Team members where great. Had no issues with management my time there. But i did enjoy my time and the people there. I learnt a lot about Customer Service Skills as well as Health and safety procedures. How to handle yourself when confront with a upset customer whether there are in store in the drive thru.

Fun and interactive workplace

Working at Burger King was a very fun and interactive place to work at. We had a lot of fun and laughs throughout our shifts, and provided support for one another. The customers were usually very sweet and i got a lot of compliments just for being nice and telling people to have a lovely day.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Can be busy and sometimes shortly staffed

Burger king

Burger has many great things to offer. It is important to be knowledgable in various areas especially being a crew member. Teaches you how to multiply task and keeps a steady flow thats can sometimes be a little overwhelming. All in all burger king is a great first choice

Productive and Fun Workplace

Burger King in Napier is a fun and enjoyable place to work. The Team Leaders as well as the rest of the management staff allow their workers voices to be heard and express their interest in making their employees feel safe and welcomed within the team.

Fun and productive

Great company to work for!! The trainer is just AMAZING, very knowledgeable, collected and selfless. Positive work environment where people feel valued and appreciated.

Burger King

I was able to watch the skills of others and pick up very fast in what is asked of me, I enjoy getting to know people problem solving with others and making the new people feel comfortable in the work atmosphere, throughout my time at work I learnt the negatives and the positives other people go through in there lives and I was able to strengthen myself in my day to day life and also my work life by helping others out as much as possible but still able to stay on task. the hardest part of working there was my personal life from my past such a little town and not much people gave me the benefit of the doubt and I tend to bite my tounge a lot and prove to them I have made a serious change in my life and I can manage the task set before me, but the most enjoyable part was finally gaining respect from all my work colleagues as well as making new friends.

Pros

making friends

Favouring crew members and dramas

Working at Burger King Westgate was not a good experience. I struggled with justifying the behaviour of the horrendous managers while also listening to their demands. Managers favoured other crew members, talked about other crew members TO other crew members saying nasty things and encouraging us workers to also mistreat those crew members whom they simply did not like, swear at crew members, and belittle crew members not for their work ethic, but for their strong dislike.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Horrible management

Fun workplace

Great environment around the workplace meeting New people different cultures also time management and also getting things done and also having the knowledge on how to do things the proper way

Productive, fast-paced enviroment

A typical day is preparing freshly made burgers or food for customers on the spot. I learned a lot here since it was my first ever job. I learned how to deal with customer, cash handling, and making new friends without any judgments. Management they were awesome like the did not act like it but they got along with their crew really well and we all had fine. hardest part is nothing really. I loved everything it was an awesome environment to be working in and I also would stop by and say hello to my old friends..

Pros

free food alright

Cons

pay should be better though

Very family orientated. Easy to feel welcomed when your first starting out.

Burger King is a good place for those to start out in the work force for the first time . They provide good opportunities as well as build confidence an important skills such as team work , communication, hygiene an health and safety with both food an practice inside the facility. They offer great support an set goals in which you can achieve or work towards .

Pros

You do get a free meal .

Cons

You are constantly on your feet an sometimes have to cut into your breaks during the busy periods.

high expectations

I enjoyed working at Burger King to begin with but I feel that if you didn't do a good enough job there they gave you the less desired jobs to do like standing outside with the sign in the cold, polishing the stainless steel under all the tables. When I wanted more hours I wasn't given them. High turn over rate with employees. I found there was some bullying going on with those of us who didn't do a good enough job. The restaurant manager at the time wanted to be friends with everyone and didn't act like a boss. There wasn't a whole lot of professionalism as employees would swear where customers could here them.

Pros

discounted meals

Cons

too many

Interesting workplace

As I working at Burger King it was quite a good job and hard sometimes. I was working as a shift night person, my co workers were fun people to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a team work together and when there is enough team workers on each shift and also dealing with customers each day. Hardest part of the job was the lack of co workers during a busy night with only three or four workers at the time of the night but I was able to cope with it together with my co workers. Lack of co workers leads to a poor service. Other than that I was happy with my work facing customers each day and especially learning the best from my co workers.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

not enough salary

workplace

Taking customers orders, brooming floors and making sure the eating area is tidy . Preparing meals and making sure the customer as the right order and is happy . Well organised team , always friendly and polite . Loved working with a team who has set goals for the day and strives too reach those goals.

Pros

discount on lunches

Cons

Not enough hours

job is very challenging being cause always busy but good co-workers

the job is a very good experience in costumer service, its also a fun place to gain skills that could help in your future career. Your workers are helpful and friendly willing to make sure you are trained properly. Everyday is never the same always something to do, different costumers with different in tensions some good and some not so good. Our managers were very help full when needed and also they give really good motivation towards their staff. Over all the is really good for part time workers or students their hour work around your study.

Pros

free meal per shift

Cons

long hours, not enough staff

very productive and fun workplace

like how managers lead the whole crew members. get along with people and good services in customers. get new more experiences from customers and treat them well. helping each other and happy to keep our product very fresh.

Pros

discount

Cons

long hour

Fun Workplace

Working here was very good experience for me as it was my first job. I really did enjoy working here.I gained alot of experience from here also.

Very supportive and fun place

Normal day is very busy, sometimes you don't get your break due to the rush but other than that its good. bosses are really supportive and make sure that you have your break.

Pros

discount on food

Cons

very productive with an postive team of crew members

Made so many new friends ! would definetly go back if i had the opportunity ! a typical day at work for me, is enjoying helping other which is what i love about this job, what i learned from this job is, a job is a job. no matter where you work or who you work for, if you love what you do then thats all that matters. Most shift managers had enough faith in me to put me in charge when they had a phone call or needed to attend an important meeting with the CEO etc. The most hardest part of this job was most likely the sleeping patterns that i fell into. I would be doing night shifts then get a call the next morning to come in and cover for someone. The most enjoyable part of this job was having so many positive people around you! There was never a dull moment for me. The trust and faith the managers had in me to take care of the floor while they needed their mini break was just amazing. I must say if it wasn't for this job i would have never been so confident and have faith in myself.

Pros

free lunch, new friends

Cons

crazy hours

Productive workplace

From this job I learnt how to interact with a wide range of people and Time Management. I also learnt the importance of health and safety.

Pros

Team Environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

12.3K
11.7K
12.6K
5.1K
5.5K

• Burger King
  • Customer Service Representative
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?