Burger King
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Burger King Employee Reviews for Shift Manager

Shift Manager10 reviews
New Zealand10 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Found 10 reviews matching the searchSee all 47,229 reviews

stressful

usually when i used to work i wasnt given proper staff as they got me a visa extension so they want me to work for 3-4 crew members, running in kitchen drive thru front all alone.

Pros

free crew meal

Cons

always saving labour no staff at shift.

Too stressful

I worked at BURGERKING for 2 years. This might just be my store but I’m guessing not. We were understaffed most nights. Sick calls would be hard to cover, leaving the other crew to stay late and pick up the slack. Customers treat you like trash and head office doesn’t know what’s going on. Health and safety is only followed when an audit is in town and can lead to some pretty gross stuff happening. Pretty bad experience

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Mental health toll

Fun

Good company to work with and gives you a different experience in the fast food industry. Had help from the managers and crews i had work with and made me feel wanted as a part of a family.

Productive and Fun Workplace

Burger King was a fun working environment. I learned a lot after i was promoted to become a shift manager after 4 months working as a staff member. I developed strong problem solving skills, dealing with customers and their complaints all the time and I also developed more skills and experiences in Admin as well as being a shift manager, what my responsibilities were and looking after 10 - 12 staff. Not every day is the same working at Burger King. The hardest part of my job as a Shift Manager was when i dealt with the most aggressive or abusive customers, especially when they start throwing things at you and it wasn't easy to calm them down and try to have a proper talk with them but ended up walking out of the restaurant or drive off the drive thru and when some of team didn't wanna listen to me or never got anything or work done properly. The most enjoyable part was whenever there's a competition between all the Burger King Stores in New Zealand (eg. $2 Whopper Day) and we always eager to check or see which store sold more Whopper Burgers and also when my team and I work together to get something done.

Lots of change of managment

I have been working at Burger King for a little under 2 years now. There has been a lot of change of managment over those 2 years which has been hard in the company and the people that work there. I very much enjoyed working at BK until recently. I became a manager. I believe that the managers are over worked and paid a lot less than we should be. I have been given a lot of opportunities at this work place and made a lot of decent friends and work associates.

Pros

Free lunches, good workers

Cons

No time for myself. Work every weekend

Great working environment

I worked in one of the busiest restaurant of burger king in Mount Maunganui. I enjoyed my role of Salaried Shift Manager and working with multi-cultural staff.Last month of the year is mainly very much busy and mount is a place of tourist attraction. I learned a lot by working at burger king. I love to work at drive-thru.

Pros

performance appraisals

Fun workplace

The most enjoyable part of the job is when it is really busy,and time goes too quick.i learned how to work in a team.co-workers were really nice and cooperative.i love to work with this company again.

Pros

discount on food

Cons

long shift

Busy and demanding

If you enjoy working any hours and being dead exaughtsted at the end of every day this is for you. Fortunately I am one of those people. Never a dull moment and plenty of repeat business which was constantly expanding. Demands to meet deadlines kept the pressure on allowing development of stress coping skills. Once you do a night shift you always do nightshifts they don't hire for rotating rosters e.g. one week you do a night shift next week another person, instead once they have the position filled you do it until you leave. Overall team work and having fun is essential to survival due to the job demands. Restaurant managers and area managers knew the stress we were under but hight CEO etc only cared for more sales with less employees causing work environment to become negative. Overall a decent first job to understand teamwork, leadership skills, working to a deadline, working while under stress, communication and how to provide a postive experience to customers.

Pros

free meal, never bored

Cons

long hours, night shifts, unappreciative management

Working with the King

Day or night starts with customers and guest which come thru front counter or dive thru,all diff types of guest some who are really awesome some who are very choosey and alway complain.. the hardest part of work is when its the peal period where you have to manage both your management duties and plus run the shift smoothly sometimes its very difficult while there are days where its all smooth and sweet. i like working with king its just it docent pay well … my staff are very supportive and one more at night shifts doing management duties gets really tiring counting and banking inventory emailing updating and many more roles.

Pros

We get 1 free regular meal

Cons

10-12hours

Great team

The only thing i enjoyed about working here was the fact i met new people.. Once upon a time they were awesome to work for now the don't appreciate anyone that works for them.