Burger King
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Burger King Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
3.3Work–Life Balance
2.8Pay & Benefits

Found 51 reviews matching the searchSee all 46,814 reviews

Challenging but fun workplace

Normally working in fast food is always fast pace. It's a great way to do my everyday exercise. And the food is free! The challenge comes during rush hours when everybody is hungry and hurrying up to eat.

Pros

Free meal

Cons

Pressure for meeting the daily speed of service.

Stressed and under scrutiny by unprofessional and incompetent management

The best part of the day after any shift is leaving. There is a constant culture of hating the job. People are envious of people who have resigned because the management has a bad habit of not letting people quit, threatening to fire them if they asked again. The work is consistently stressful with small mistakes being constantly pointed out and compliments from customers ignored. The wages are minimal and stay minimal. The only raise i ever received after working there for 4 years was a 30 cent increase for doing the morning maintenance which was exponentially more involved and stressful. i am currently looking for a new job and its the best decision i have made in 4 years. Wish me luck

Pros

One free meal just big enough for you to not die on shift

Cons

Management and work culture in general

Fast paced

Usually full on engaged with jobs.Includes cleaning and training for advancement in pay.Sometimes can be stressful, but can also be pretty relaxed.Recommend working days, as there's usually more crew to lighten the load.Some managers can make a shift or make it more stressful.

Pros

Free meal per shift

Cons

Long hours and stressful work

Very busy doing graveyard shifts and was not worth it

This job is only necessary if you need money, not a really good job for full-time. Managers are always angry even when you try your best to appease them while working.

I will not return

It was a ongoing process of different shifts. No promises to a successful outcome or job benefits. Previous qualifications and experience were not taken into account.

Review

good place for first time job. Pay is slightly over minimum wage once fully trained a for a pay rise is available however takes very long. Lots of hours available receiving extra shifts is on demand alot of the time. Very stressful but fast paced environment. Communication is not the greatest . Have a crew who knows what they're doing with good teamwork is the key!

Fast food joint

only worked here to help with the bills. Very catty and most of the people I worked with were very uptight and never thought to include everyone in anything. they had their own clicks. it was like high school all over again but you were getting paid

Fun workplace but a bit hard at time

The work was incredibly fun to work at but sometimes they make you do all 3 positions at once and its sometimes hard to keep up. But I would recommend it

Pros

Free Lunch and free food at the end when shop is closing!

Fun workplace

Everyday at work you need to be prepared and ready for the rush, never know what time it can get busy. It's good to meet new people and make good friends at work. Sometimes we don't get all our breaks which is annoying. Need to be stocked up and full of energy to be fast and fresh service to the customers.

Pros

Free crew meals

Cons

doing long hours

Average workplace

Burger King is a great place for a highschool student to be working at part time, which is exactly what I was doing. I enjoyed taking home the free food at the end, eventhough pay was small, pay was necessary.

Jobs at Burger King

See more jobs

Nice and good place

I very much enjoy my work as manager for Burger King. I enjoying my work with great team and having fun in the busy time. It's good having the rush hours, it makes time go very fast.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Long hours and weekends

productive and fun

We as a team come together at work have a bit of fn and be productive. but also at the end of the day we get out job done. to also the standed that it needs to be at.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Long Hours but also Useless Managers

not a place of fun,its where slaves are born

long and boring not a lot to many management ,sitting on their butts doing not a thing to help. does not have a workplace culture, cleaning some one else mess up . never going back their ever to work again

Pros

free lunch or tea if your lucky.

Cons

hours are far to long for a school kid

Eh

Had to fight for my pay rise for over the two years that I was there for as well as had to fight to take time off over this time period. they made me put the job above all else including studies that I was doing at this time.

Pros

Free uniforms and Food on breaks

Cons

Long Hours with no breaks sometimes

fun place to work

Fast paced environment,people oriented.Very humble and effiecient management.Pressure to build up sales and keep up the good speed of service.Lot of offers and promotions for customers.Very reasonable pricing of food.Staff and management care about hygiene a lot!

Pros

free meal

Good starting point

Good place to work as a first job however I believe that these places people are underpaid. Flexible with working schedule but pay isn't too great. Good first job though.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Bad pay

good place to work

Good place to work having positive environment. Good salary can be expected as per the rules.It has people from all backgrounds working at the same place without any distinction.

fun and good collegeous

overall good experience to get good knowledge about food and thousands of customer service daily.shifts were normal and i had no complain about the shifts i used to get while at burger king. people were friendly and most off all enjoyed the free lunch every shift. Also we used to get treats from our managers on reaching the daily targets.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

cant resist complaints

fun workplace

the best part about the job is meeting new people each day. I like the atmosphere you get positive vibes from everyone. The hardest part of the job would be drive thru is talking to the customers, paying orders at the same time, make drinks and runnin orders aswell. I learnt a lot while working a bk such as customer service.

Pros

free lunch

Was an ok work place

working at burger king being my first job was ok. met new people,learning new things. The hours was good pay was good. management at the time was poor.The hardest part was learning everything on my own. but me being a fast learner i picked up things very quick and managed with a smile.

Pros

The long hours

Cons

No Training

Very productive work place

Was a good 3 years working for this company. Have learnt a lot of great customer service skills also about health and safety. I am ready and willing to try something new!

Pros

free lunches/ discounts

Cons

long closing hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

12.3K
11.6K
12.5K
5.1K
5.4K

• Burger King
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?