BurgerFuel Employee Reviews

Hated this job
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland8 July 2019
I did not like working for burgerfuel management was unfair to part timers and the owner of the store gave out empty promises throughout the year and a bit that I worked there.
Fun workplace
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Parnell, Auckland28 January 2019
I've learned a few things about myself while working at Burgerfuel, my strengths and weaknesses. I was able to identify them and improve on them simultaneously while enjoying the busy work flow and gaining new skills.

The culture around BurgerFuel workplace in Parnell is vibrant and fun , even when working on one of the busiest nights of the week which is either friday or saturday night. You could never stress about anything at work because tasks are always delegated to each staffs, accordingly to their experience and management level. Workload is fairly shared around.

The hardest part of the job for me personally would be managing a customer's complaint or frustration. I could easily get flustered by this however, I overcame this by experiencing more of customer complaints. I grew more confident and handled almost every situation with care by the system's rules and policies. It was both scary and fun because I was learning how to step out of my comfort-zone.
Pros
yummy staff meals (burgers)
Cons
not enough hours/shifts are only 2-3hrs long, 15 mins break only
Productive environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland16 January 2019
Working at BurgerFuel gave me the confidence to be a peoples person, and be able to multitask. The job can be very stressful for newbies, as you have to complete tasks to a required standard.

Physically demanding on your emotional and physical health at times, as it is difficult to find cover, resulting in sickness

Poor management - Store manager seemed to only have dollar signs in their eyes and did not actually have a passion for the culture or franchisee, which sucks because BurgerFuel values family and individualism. Would do anything to make more money, even if that included jeopardising customers health.

We would not get a staff party at the end of the year, rarely got any perks besides burgers. Most of the staff were friendly, some sabotage your work, and make you feel undervalued. Some shift managers were not given a pay rise either after working there for over a year.
Pros
cool people, skills to develop, free food and darts
Cons
poor management, unrealistic hours esp 12 hour shifts if they are back to back
Nice... at the start
Normal worker (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington18 October 2018
It’s a good place but hard to get cover and gets you very tired. A lot of work for a newbie. Older staff don’t work as hard/aren’t expected to work as hard. They get paid more than me so? Not enough workers on at one time. Staff are fun, but grumpy when busy. I do like it, don’t get me wrong. Just isn’t for me. Sadly I wanna quit after 3 months...
Pros
Free food after 5 hours
Cons
Long nights and stress
fun workplace
Sales + Food Preparation (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, Bay of Plenty27 September 2018
it was thoroughly enjoyable until new management stepped in and ruined the workplace culture and the most enjoyable part of the job, which was the reason for my resignation
Fun environment - Not the best management: Hastings
FOH staff. Hotline crew (Former Employee) –  Hastings, Hawke's Bay25 September 2018
It was a fun environment and people to work around.. But you make one mistake, you get a grilling. Doesn't have to be that big. The management isn't the best/ that reliable. Hours are sometimes ridiculous and ask you to cover a lot.
Pros
Free burger and drink every 5 hours. 25% discount
Cons
Hours. Management. Can be stressful.
Burgerfuel review
Lower Hutt, Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Lower Hutt, Wellington1 September 2018
A typical evening during a shift required me to manage and look after a team of 6-11 staff members. Positioning them in areas they could excel in and also progress which included customer service, stacking burgers,chippie stacking to bagging the orders and food delivery instore. I believe that there is always room for progression no matter the gender or nationality. My role was very fulfilling knowing that my staff could trust me and themselves no matter the situation I gave me. I would say the hardest part of the job was delivery the greatest service under pressure of a full restaurant and packed docket orders as well as keeping a staff up and running under control. The most enjoyable part was having a fun shift with co-workers that verbally spoke and showed they enjoyed their time while working and leaving feeling like they done the best they could and what they needed to improve on the next shift. Helping my co-workers was the best part of being apart of this company.
Fun workplace
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland30 August 2018
Extremely fun workplace, great fro uni students looking for part time work. Great work culture and you learn a lot about the hospitality industry things like food prep, making burgers, customer service etc.
Pros
Great staff
good sense of community and teamwork
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, Auckland20 July 2018
a fun and different place to work. fast paced and usually cheerful. good work is rewarded. having such a young management team means that occasionally personal issues get in the way.
Fun place to work
night closer and morning set up employee (Current Employee) –  Napier, Hawke's Bay4 April 2018
Great place to work, fun and always busy, hours can be long and tiring but nothing to bad if you can handle it. management is nice but sometimes difficult to talk to
Aimless, full of drama, and idiotic management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Riccarton, Canterbury15 March 2018
It took them a year to finally train me on other positions, despite being considered one of their best employees. There is almost no such thing as a salary increase. Lots of freeloading lazy staff or staff causing drama. Certain positions such as the Chippie and hotline staff depending on the setup are constantly under pressure. Hours are typically short and drawn out over multiple days making work and normal life balance terrible. There is a lack of mid-management and lack of training. Current/new management does not care about quality at all. Hours can fluctuate and you can find them promising you hours and then cutting you down to under 10 hours a week. Lots of pressure to 'upsell' despite sometimes upselling bad combinations of food or to the point where a customer is extremely upset. They will make you close every day if they can. They will also try to shorten your hours so they do not have to give you any food. There is no such thing as a break
Fun work place, management of store and staff could do with more improvements
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington20 January 2018
hardest part of the job is constantly working under pressure for little to none rewards and very little pay.

Most enjoyable part of the job is working close with other team members who get along well share same interests and know when to work hard when required
Cons
hours and time of hours
Hard job not to fall in love with
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Silverdale, Auckland24 July 2017
Really amazing place full of heartfelt potential. Amazing customer service required and they will drill it into you. Great training system, everything is very black and white.
Amazing work environment
Front of House (Current Employee) –  Timaru, Canterbury26 June 2017
Friendly people encouraging environment. They helps me become so much more confident with customers because I was quite a shy person and now I have no problem
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Late nights
Great Place to work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand16 April 2017
I loved working at Burgerfuel as it taught me a lot about the general running of a restaurant. With a great team and great management I was able to progress and have confidence in the workplace. My most enjoyable part of the job would definitely be meeting all the people and engaging with the regular customers.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good progress opportunities
Fun place to work, great staff
FOH staff (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland28 November 2016
Working at Burgerfuel was fun and fast paced. It gave me a lot of hospitality skills and made me a better worker. I had a great staff apart from a manager who bullied me into leaving the job. I did really enjoy the atmosphere and appreciated the work. Would recommend especially for first time hospitality workers.
Pros
Free food if you worked over 8 hours
Cons
Late nights
alot of friendly customer service and attention to detail
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  auckland nz20 February 2016
day starts when i open the store and prep all the salads and ingredients and also set up tables and chairs and turn the fryers and grill on. prepping all salads and patties in the correct manner and in a hygienic way is a must.wash all dishes from the prep and get ready for the lunch hour by taking in store orders, phone orders and online orders. make sure names on receit match their orders. must always be talking to customers and make sure they were satisfied with everything. make sure the store is clean through out the shift and take away trays and wipe tables when needed. the whole store needs to be cleaned like the grill the dishes and the fryers as well as mopping the store and cleaning the toilets
Pros
tight crew
Cons
very low pay
Good
Manager (Former Employee) –  Roskill12 September 2015
Great experience, exceptional training, strong work ethic gained.
Awesome product.
Had fun working there and learnt a lot. Awesome people who were apart of my team. Felt very challenge everyday which was great.
Pros
Free lunch, great uniform, great benefits, great company
Cons
Poor pay, very hot to work there
looks can be decieving
Front of house, Grillman (Former Employee) –  Albany16 August 2015
Always loved the food, music and atmosphere of the restaurant and quality of the burgers which attracted me to work there, But the whole theme of making the place "young trendy and hip" led to many inconveniences as most workers just always wanted to party, As being "the new guy" so they called me i had to do alot of little unnecessary chores for the managers so they can leave early go party so on on but on the plus side learnt alot about hospitality , Health and hygiene and general kitchen stuff, Most enjoyable part of the job was eating the quality burgers
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Long hours, Unorganised unhonest manager
excellent place to work
General Staff (Current Employee) –  Auckland,9 February 2015
Great working environment , supportive shift managers, a number of great team members

Graveyard a best shift to work on with a fast pace environment.