BurgerFuel Employee Reviews

Productive environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland16 January 2019
Working at BurgerFuel gave me the confidence to be a peoples person, and be able to multitask. The job can be very stressful for newbies, as you have to complete tasks to a required standard.

Physically demanding on your emotional and physical health at times, as it is difficult to find cover, resulting in sickness

Poor management - Store manager seemed to only have dollar signs in their eyes and did not actually have a passion for the culture or franchisee, which sucks because BurgerFuel values family and individualism. Would do anything to make more money, even if that included jeopardising customers health.

We would not get a staff party at the end of the year, rarely got any perks besides burgers. Most of the staff were friendly, some sabotage your work, and make you feel undervalued. Some shift managers were not given a pay rise either after working there for over a year.
Pros
cool people, skills to develop, free food and darts
Cons
poor management, unrealistic hours esp 12 hour shifts if they are back to back
Nice... at the start
Normal worker (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington18 October 2018
It’s a good place but hard to get cover and gets you very tired. A lot of work for a newbie. Older staff don’t work as hard/aren’t expected to work as hard. They get paid more than me so? Not enough workers on at one time. Staff are fun, but grumpy when busy. I do like it, don’t get me wrong. Just isn’t for me. Sadly I wanna quit after 3 months...
Pros
Free food after 5 hours
Cons
Long nights and stress
fun workplace
Sales + Food Preparation (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, Bay of Plenty27 September 2018
it was thoroughly enjoyable until new management stepped in and ruined the workplace culture and the most enjoyable part of the job, which was the reason for my resignation
Fun work place, management of store and staff could do with more improvements
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington20 January 2018
hardest part of the job is constantly working under pressure for little to none rewards and very little pay.

Most enjoyable part of the job is working close with other team members who get along well share same interests and know when to work hard when required
Cons
hours and time of hours
Hard job not to fall in love with
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Silverdale, Auckland24 July 2017
Really amazing place full of heartfelt potential. Amazing customer service required and they will drill it into you. Great training system, everything is very black and white.
Amazing work environment
Front of House (Current Employee) –  Timaru, Canterbury26 June 2017
Friendly people encouraging environment. They helps me become so much more confident with customers because I was quite a shy person and now I have no problem
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Late nights
Great Place to work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand16 April 2017
I loved working at Burgerfuel as it taught me a lot about the general running of a restaurant. With a great team and great management I was able to progress and have confidence in the workplace. My most enjoyable part of the job would definitely be meeting all the people and engaging with the regular customers.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good progress opportunities
Fun place to work, great staff
FOH staff (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland28 November 2016
Working at Burgerfuel was fun and fast paced. It gave me a lot of hospitality skills and made me a better worker. I had a great staff apart from a manager who bullied me into leaving the job. I did really enjoy the atmosphere and appreciated the work. Would recommend especially for first time hospitality workers.
Pros
Free food if you worked over 8 hours
Cons
Late nights
alot of friendly customer service and attention to detail
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  auckland nz20 February 2016
day starts when i open the store and prep all the salads and ingredients and also set up tables and chairs and turn the fryers and grill on. prepping all salads and patties in the correct manner and in a hygienic way is a must.wash all dishes from the prep and get ready for the lunch hour by taking in store orders, phone orders and online orders. make sure names on receit match their orders. must always be talking to customers and make sure they were satisfied with everything. make sure the store is clean through out the shift and take away trays and wipe tables when needed. the whole store needs to be cleaned like the grill the dishes and the fryers as well as mopping the store and cleaning the toilets
Pros
tight crew
Cons
very low pay
Good
Manager (Former Employee) –  Roskill12 September 2015
Great experience, exceptional training, strong work ethic gained.
Awesome product.
Had fun working there and learnt a lot. Awesome people who were apart of my team. Felt very challenge everyday which was great.
Pros
Free lunch, great uniform, great benefits, great company
Cons
Poor pay, very hot to work there