BurgerFuel
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
BurgerFuel Employee Review

Enjoyable but stressful

29 December 2019
BurgerFuel is a Great first job for anyone who wants to get in the workforce. It can be hard to balance school and work. Give you good opportunities, not a long term job.
25 January 2020
Same location
Shift Manager (Current Employee) - Christchurch, Canterbury
Working at burger fuel was a fast-paced, smoothly run hospitality environment. I learned to manage staff, cash up, run a shift on the busiest nights and work well with other staff to make the vibe at work run to its best ability possible.
Management was always run really smoothly as periodicals were always followed, such as ordering and how the shifts are meant to be run etc.

The culture was an alty, warm welcoming to all people with there own quirks.

There wasn't really the main point being the hardest, but when workers brought there social/ personal problems to work is was a bit of a challenge.

the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that everyone had each other backs to make the customers have the most enjoyable as easy-going experience possible.
13 July 2020
Front of House (Former Employee) - Timaru, Canterbury
I worked at Burger Fuel for six months and left because of broken promises.

When I started there I was part time and working 22-28 hours. Even then I was stressed or from work.

But by the time I left I was on 8 hours because and I quote ‘she doesn’t upsell like *co worker* does’. Even though I did upsell, I just didn’t enjoy the angry customers you got with it.

So I was begging for more hours while trying to live off my minimum wage. I was then promised full time work but that never happened.

On top of that there was workplace bullying towards me and another coworker and no matter how much we talked about it it was ignored.
Pros
Free food after 5 hours.
Cons
Minimum wage for a big company. Workplace bullying. Hours cut with no explanation. Stress.
10 June 2020
SHIFT MANAGER (Current Employee) - Mount Roskill, Auckland
Burgerfuel is a fantastic company to start with the work we do and things we manage is really competitive. Taking care of little details is required. Busy working day is really enjoyable with a really good and fun-loving staff.
Pros
good learning atmosphere, free meal
Cons
less salary than the work we do