BurgerFuel
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
BurgerFuel Employee Review

good sense of community and teamwork

20 July 2018
a fun and different place to work. fast paced and usually cheerful. good work is rewarded. having such a young management team means that occasionally personal issues get in the way.
20 February 2016
Same role
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) - auckland nz
day starts when i open the store and prep all the salads and ingredients and also set up tables and chairs and turn the fryers and grill on. prepping all salads and patties in the correct manner and in a hygienic way is a must.wash all dishes from the prep and get ready for the lunch hour by taking in store orders, phone orders and online orders. make sure names on receit match their orders. must always be talking to customers and make sure they were satisfied with everything. make sure the store is clean through out the shift and take away trays and wipe tables when needed. the whole store needs to be cleaned like the grill the dishes and the fryers as well as mopping the store and cleaning the toilets
Pros
tight crew
Cons
very low pay
24 July 2017
Same location
Team Leader (Current Employee) - Silverdale, Auckland
Really amazing place full of heartfelt potential. Amazing customer service required and they will drill it into you. Great training system, everything is very black and white.
13 July 2020
Front of House (Former Employee) - Timaru, Canterbury
I worked at Burger Fuel for six months and left because of broken promises. When I started there I was part time and working 22-28 hours. Even then I was stressed or from work. But by the time I left I was on 8 hours because and I quote ‘she doesn’t upsell like *co worker* does’. Even though I did upsell, I just didn’t enjoy the angry customers you got with it. So I was begging for more hours while trying to live off my minimum wage. I was then promised full time work but that never happened. On top of that there was workplace bullying towards me and another coworker and no matter how much we talked about it it was ignored.
Pros
Free food after 5 hours.
Cons
Minimum wage for a big company. Workplace bullying. Hours cut with no explanation. Stress.