BurgerFuel
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

BurgerFuel Employee Reviews

Burgerfuel is a fantastic company to start with the work we do and things we manage is really competitive. Taking care of little details is required. Busy working day is really enjoyable with a really good and fun-loving staff.
Pros
good learning atmosphere, free meal
Cons
less salary than the work we do
I worked at Burger Fuel for six months and left because of broken promises.

When I started there I was part time and working 22-28 hours. Even then I was stressed or from work.

But by the time I left I was on 8 hours because and I quote ‘she doesn’t upsell like *co worker* does’. Even though I did upsell, I just didn’t enjoy the angry customers you got with it.

So I was begging for more hours while trying to live off my minimum wage. I was then promised full time work but that never happened.

On top of that there was workplace bullying towards me and another coworker and no matter how much we talked about it it was ignored.
Pros
Free food after 5 hours.
Cons
Minimum wage for a big company. Workplace bullying. Hours cut with no explanation. Stress.
Good environment for staff willing to get up the step ladder in there career ,having a great opprtunity to develop skills by provide the staff ample training program to suit them up for success in coordination with the business
a standard day would be making burgers and serving customers cleaning dishes and grills.

I learned how to be more confident with complete strangers and how to become more efficient with my work.

Workplace culture can be good fun lots of banter and jokes, but most people who I worked with would slack off and made my job more harder.

Hardest part would be doing consecutive graveyard shifts 11pm-5am and dealing with drunk and high people and people who act like they are elite and you should worship the ground they walk on.

Most enjoyable is being able to play our own music and turn the place into a mini club.
Working at burger fuel was a fast-paced, smoothly run hospitality environment. I learned to manage staff, cash up, run a shift on the busiest nights and work well with other staff to make the vibe at work run to its best ability possible.
Management was always run really smoothly as periodicals were always followed, such as ordering and how the shifts are meant to be run etc.

The culture was an alty, warm welcoming to all people with there own quirks.

There wasn't really the main point being the hardest, but when workers brought there social/ personal problems to work is was a bit of a challenge.

the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that everyone had each other backs to make the customers have the most enjoyable as easy-going experience possible.
Really easy and fun! good management and really helpful managers, there are tests everyweek on a computer so that you are aware of what you need to do on the job and do what is safe.
Work is fine, pretty demanding and overworked at times. But I believe this might come down to which at re you work at. Some have a fun culture encouraged, others are more regimented and run poorly with owner participating in gossip and encouraging poor behaviour.
BurgerFuel is a Great first job for anyone who wants to get in the workforce. It can be hard to balance school and work. Give you good opportunities, not a long term job.
Having our own radio station that plays banging music really uplifts employee spirits. Burgerfuel is not an easy place to work, you need to bring your A game every day and I feel like we shape a lot of kids into adults by showing them how to work hard and how to reap the rewards.
Feel like home to work all team member are supportive and friendly.
Benefits and bonus .

Work no pressure and team work and good management

Thanks

Regards
Summary:
+ Staff is great and fun to chill with

+ Lax environment, not much for strictness and by-the-book rules

+ Get to develop communication skills and multi-tasking

+ Nice food

- Higher ups are all a bunch cucks that don't care about you or your team

- Large workloads, small rewards

- Very stressful

Full:

Always understaffed, with the same rotation of workers on for whole days at a time. Managers are worse off than regular crew working essentially the entire week for not much better pay.

Staff when in a good mood are all friendly and fun to be around, gets quite tense during lunch and dinner rushes as everyone is stretching themselves to handle unbearable workloads.

Staff meals are great, as long as you're a fan of their food.

Stores are encouraged to be extremely competitive, and there's constantly inter-store competitions that result in a store-wide cash reward based on rank placements. Cash is split based on working hours and generally decided by store manager.

Can expect a whole lot of stress all the time with minimal reward. However if you're looking for an intimate work space that keeps you extremely busy and has you working yourself to death in a team this might be the one for you.
BurgerFuel has a very strong culture of their brand and builds employees up. its brand that is focus on people and their passions in life more then just making a quick buck. they sponsor peoples passions and builds the communities around them.
BurgerFuel is a fantastic company to work for, the management and company policies are great.
They encourage individual personality and style, on the job training works well and there’s great perks such as a free burger and staff drinks during shift.

You’re allowed to have fun on the job while maintaining a high level of service and product quality, I loved this job.
It was good start for my career i have learned to be patient with people overall good experience. Best part of this you will interact with numerous people
I did not like working for burgerfuel management was unfair to part timers and the owner of the store gave out empty promises throughout the year and a bit that I worked there.
A beautiful working environment,full of energetic staff with the passion for serving people.i loved the casual uniform ,team work and management that gets down to interact with staff
Pros
free lunch
I have got a certificate from yali network in USA for my active participation and engagement in the training of the local farmers of my community. My effort helped many local farmers to be competitive and engage in their farming activities. They become more productive after following my methods taught to them.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
I've learned a few things about myself while working at Burgerfuel, my strengths and weaknesses. I was able to identify them and improve on them simultaneously while enjoying the busy work flow and gaining new skills.

The culture around BurgerFuel workplace in Parnell is vibrant and fun , even when working on one of the busiest nights of the week which is either friday or saturday night. You could never stress about anything at work because tasks are always delegated to each staffs, accordingly to their experience and management level. Workload is fairly shared around.

The hardest part of the job for me personally would be managing a customer's complaint or frustration. I could easily get flustered by this however, I overcame this by experiencing more of customer complaints. I grew more confident and handled almost every situation with care by the system's rules and policies. It was both scary and fun because I was learning how to step out of my comfort-zone.
Pros
yummy staff meals (burgers)
Cons
not enough hours/shifts are only 2-3hrs long, 15 mins break only
Working at BurgerFuel gave me the confidence to be a peoples person, and be able to multitask. The job can be very stressful for newbies, as you have to complete tasks to a required standard.

Physically demanding on your emotional and physical health at times, as it is difficult to find cover, resulting in sickness

Poor management - Store manager seemed to only have dollar signs in their eyes and did not actually have a passion for the culture or franchisee, which sucks because BurgerFuel values family and individualism. Would do anything to make more money, even if that included jeopardising customers health.

We would not get a staff party at the end of the year, rarely got any perks besides burgers. Most of the staff were friendly, some sabotage your work, and make you feel undervalued. Some shift managers were not given a pay rise either after working there for over a year.
Pros
cool people, skills to develop, free food and darts
Cons
poor management, unrealistic hours esp 12 hour shifts if they are back to back
It’s a good place but hard to get cover and gets you very tired. A lot of work for a newbie. Older staff don’t work as hard/aren’t expected to work as hard. They get paid more than me so? Not enough workers on at one time. Staff are fun, but grumpy when busy. I do like it, don’t get me wrong. Just isn’t for me. Sadly I wanna quit after 3 months...
Pros
Free food after 5 hours
Cons
Long nights and stress
It is originated at New Zealand. Franchise business along all over Gcc. It has an authentic taste of fresh and well-known burger as they are very good in services as well.
Pros
Free Food & accommodation transportation
Cons
Health care support are available