BurgerFuel
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

BurgerFuel Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Auckland City, Auckland10 reviews
a standard day would be making burgers and serving customers cleaning dishes and grills.

I learned how to be more confident with complete strangers and how to become more efficient with my work.

Workplace culture can be good fun lots of banter and jokes, but most people who I worked with would slack off and made my job more harder.

Hardest part would be doing consecutive graveyard shifts 11pm-5am and dealing with drunk and high people and people who act like they are elite and you should worship the ground they walk on.

Most enjoyable is being able to play our own music and turn the place into a mini club.
Having our own radio station that plays banging music really uplifts employee spirits. Burgerfuel is not an easy place to work, you need to bring your A game every day and I feel like we shape a lot of kids into adults by showing them how to work hard and how to reap the rewards.
I did not like working for burgerfuel management was unfair to part timers and the owner of the store gave out empty promises throughout the year and a bit that I worked there.
Working at BurgerFuel gave me the confidence to be a peoples person, and be able to multitask. The job can be very stressful for newbies, as you have to complete tasks to a required standard.

Physically demanding on your emotional and physical health at times, as it is difficult to find cover, resulting in sickness

Poor management - Store manager seemed to only have dollar signs in their eyes and did not actually have a passion for the culture or franchisee, which sucks because BurgerFuel values family and individualism. Would do anything to make more money, even if that included jeopardising customers health.

We would not get a staff party at the end of the year, rarely got any perks besides burgers. Most of the staff were friendly, some sabotage your work, and make you feel undervalued. Some shift managers were not given a pay rise either after working there for over a year.
Pros
cool people, skills to develop, free food and darts
Cons
poor management, unrealistic hours esp 12 hour shifts if they are back to back
Extremely fun workplace, great fro uni students looking for part time work. Great work culture and you learn a lot about the hospitality industry things like food prep, making burgers, customer service etc.
Pros
Great staff
I loved working at Burgerfuel as it taught me a lot about the general running of a restaurant. With a great team and great management I was able to progress and have confidence in the workplace. My most enjoyable part of the job would definitely be meeting all the people and engaging with the regular customers.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good progress opportunities
Working at Burgerfuel was fun and fast paced. It gave me a lot of hospitality skills and made me a better worker. I had a great staff apart from a manager who bullied me into leaving the job. I did really enjoy the atmosphere and appreciated the work. Would recommend especially for first time hospitality workers.
Pros
Free food if you worked over 8 hours
Cons
Late nights
day starts when i open the store and prep all the salads and ingredients and also set up tables and chairs and turn the fryers and grill on. prepping all salads and patties in the correct manner and in a hygienic way is a must.wash all dishes from the prep and get ready for the lunch hour by taking in store orders, phone orders and online orders. make sure names on receit match their orders. must always be talking to customers and make sure they were satisfied with everything. make sure the store is clean through out the shift and take away trays and wipe tables when needed. the whole store needs to be cleaned like the grill the dishes and the fryers as well as mopping the store and cleaning the toilets
Pros
tight crew
Cons
very low pay
Great working environment , supportive shift managers, a number of great team members

Graveyard a best shift to work on with a fast pace environment.
While on internship

I have developed whilst working as a general staff member and I.T. Trainee. I am currently learning about all aspects of running business and Information Technology includes,

*Customer Relations; _____________________________________________________

• Up selling products,

• Dealing with complaints and following up with unsatisfied customers,

• Introducing the brand to new customers,

• Encouraging customer interaction with staff and HQ promotions/competitions.

*Information Technology__________________________________________________

• Setting Up Access point(routers)

• Maintaining and setting Apple Devices.

• Web development (Front end & Back End)

• Installing and Fixing networking cables.

• Maintaining network and systems.

• Programming.

• Windows Server Version 2003-2012.

• Active Directory.

• SQL Server 2008.
Pros
Free Lunches