BurgerFuel
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

BurgerFuel Employee Reviews for Crew Member

Crew Member3 reviews
New Zealand3 reviews
Summary:
+ Staff is great and fun to chill with

+ Lax environment, not much for strictness and by-the-book rules

+ Get to develop communication skills and multi-tasking

+ Nice food

- Higher ups are all a bunch cucks that don't care about you or your team

- Large workloads, small rewards

- Very stressful

Full:

Always understaffed, with the same rotation of workers on for whole days at a time. Managers are worse off than regular crew working essentially the entire week for not much better pay.

Staff when in a good mood are all friendly and fun to be around, gets quite tense during lunch and dinner rushes as everyone is stretching themselves to handle unbearable workloads.

Staff meals are great, as long as you're a fan of their food.

Stores are encouraged to be extremely competitive, and there's constantly inter-store competitions that result in a store-wide cash reward based on rank placements. Cash is split based on working hours and generally decided by store manager.

Can expect a whole lot of stress all the time with minimal reward. However if you're looking for an intimate work space that keeps you extremely busy and has you working yourself to death in a team this might be the one for you.
I've learned a few things about myself while working at Burgerfuel, my strengths and weaknesses. I was able to identify them and improve on them simultaneously while enjoying the busy work flow and gaining new skills.

The culture around BurgerFuel workplace in Parnell is vibrant and fun , even when working on one of the busiest nights of the week which is either friday or saturday night. You could never stress about anything at work because tasks are always delegated to each staffs, accordingly to their experience and management level. Workload is fairly shared around.

The hardest part of the job for me personally would be managing a customer's complaint or frustration. I could easily get flustered by this however, I overcame this by experiencing more of customer complaints. I grew more confident and handled almost every situation with care by the system's rules and policies. It was both scary and fun because I was learning how to step out of my comfort-zone.
Pros
yummy staff meals (burgers)
Cons
not enough hours/shifts are only 2-3hrs long, 15 mins break only
It took them a year to finally train me on other positions, despite being considered one of their best employees. There is almost no such thing as a salary increase. Lots of freeloading lazy staff or staff causing drama. Certain positions such as the Chippie and hotline staff depending on the setup are constantly under pressure. Hours are typically short and drawn out over multiple days making work and normal life balance terrible. There is a lack of mid-management and lack of training. Current/new management does not care about quality at all. Hours can fluctuate and you can find them promising you hours and then cutting you down to under 10 hours a week. Lots of pressure to 'upsell' despite sometimes upselling bad combinations of food or to the point where a customer is extremely upset. They will make you close every day if they can. They will also try to shorten your hours so they do not have to give you any food. There is no such thing as a break
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BurgerFuel?