BurgerFuel
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

BurgerFuel Culture reviews

New Zealand33 reviews

Clear
3.5Work–Life Balance

I have learned a lot from burgerfuel, from work ethics to management and find a way to solve the problem on- site.

Burgerfuel is a fantastic company to start with the work we do and things we manage is really competitive. Taking care of little details is required. Busy working day is really enjoyable with a really good and fun-loving staff.

Pros

good learning atmosphere, free meal

Cons

less salary than the work we do

Fun work place but can be highly stressful

a standard day would be making burgers and serving customers cleaning dishes and grills. I learned how to be more confident with complete strangers and how to become more efficient with my work. Workplace culture can be good fun lots of banter and jokes, but most people who I worked with would slack off and made my job more harder. Hardest part would be doing consecutive graveyard shifts 11pm-5am and dealing with drunk and high people and people who act like they are elite and you should worship the ground they walk on. Most enjoyable is being able to play our own music and turn the place into a mini club.

Fast paced but sociable workplace

Working at burger fuel was a fast-paced, smoothly run hospitality environment. I learned to manage staff, cash up, run a shift on the busiest nights and work well with other staff to make the vibe at work run to its best ability possible. Management was always run really smoothly as periodicals were always followed, such as ordering and how the shifts are meant to be run etc. The culture was an alty, warm welcoming to all people with there own quirks. There wasn't really the main point being the hardest, but when workers brought there social/ personal problems to work is was a bit of a challenge. the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that everyone had each other backs to make the customers have the most enjoyable as easy-going experience possible.

Depends on the franchisee you get

Work is fine, pretty demanding and overworked at times. But I believe this might come down to which at re you work at. Some have a fun culture encouraged, others are more regimented and run poorly with owner participating in gossip and encouraging poor behaviour.

Amazing staff and environment... Horrible management

Summary: + Staff is great and fun to chill with + Lax environment, not much for strictness and by-the-book rules + Get to develop communication skills and multi-tasking + Nice food - Higher ups are all a bunch cucks that don't care about you or your team - Large workloads, small rewards - Very stressful Full: Always understaffed, with the same rotation of workers on for whole days at a time. Managers are worse off than regular crew working essentially the entire week for not much better pay. Staff when in a good mood are all friendly and fun to be around, gets quite tense during lunch and dinner rushes as everyone is stretching themselves to handle unbearable workloads. Staff meals are great, as long as you're a fan of their food. Stores are encouraged to be extremely competitive, and there's constantly inter-store competitions that result in a store-wide cash reward based on rank placements. Cash is split based on working hours and generally decided by store manager. Can expect a whole lot of stress all the time with minimal reward. However if you're looking for an intimate work space that keeps you extremely busy and has you working yourself to death in a team this might be the one for you.

After organising trainings and workshops for the local farmers of my community,they started to target the good farming methos which made them more pro

I have got a certificate from yali network in USA for my active participation and engagement in the training of the local farmers of my community. My effort helped many local farmers to be competitive and engage in their farming activities. They become more productive after following my methods taught to them.

Pros

Free lunch

Fun workplace

I've learned a few things about myself while working at Burgerfuel, my strengths and weaknesses. I was able to identify them and improve on them simultaneously while enjoying the busy work flow and gaining new skills. The culture around BurgerFuel workplace in Parnell is vibrant and fun , even when working on one of the busiest nights of the week which is either friday or saturday night. You could never stress about anything at work because tasks are always delegated to each staffs, accordingly to their experience and management level. Workload is fairly shared around. The hardest part of the job for me personally would be managing a customer's complaint or frustration. I could easily get flustered by this however, I overcame this by experiencing more of customer complaints. I grew more confident and handled almost every situation with care by the system's rules and policies. It was both scary and fun because I was learning how to step out of my comfort-zone.

Pros

yummy staff meals (burgers)

Cons

not enough hours/shifts are only 2-3hrs long, 15 mins break only

Productive environment

Working at BurgerFuel gave me the confidence to be a peoples person, and be able to multitask. The job can be very stressful for newbies, as you have to complete tasks to a required standard. Physically demanding on your emotional and physical health at times, as it is difficult to find cover, resulting in sickness Poor management - Store manager seemed to only have dollar signs in their eyes and did not actually have a passion for the culture or franchisee, which sucks because BurgerFuel values family and individualism. Would do anything to make more money, even if that included jeopardising customers health. We would not get a staff party at the end of the year, rarely got any perks besides burgers. Most of the staff were friendly, some sabotage your work, and make you feel undervalued. Some shift managers were not given a pay rise either after working there for over a year.

Pros

cool people, skills to develop, free food and darts

Cons

poor management, unrealistic hours esp 12 hour shifts if they are back to back

fun workplace

it was thoroughly enjoyable until new management stepped in and ruined the workplace culture and the most enjoyable part of the job, which was the reason for my resignation

Fun workplace

Extremely fun workplace, great fro uni students looking for part time work. Great work culture and you learn a lot about the hospitality industry things like food prep, making burgers, customer service etc.

Pros

Great staff

Fun place to work

Great place to work, fun and always busy, hours can be long and tiring but nothing to bad if you can handle it. management is nice but sometimes difficult to talk to

Fun work place, management of store and staff could do with more improvements

hardest part of the job is constantly working under pressure for little to none rewards and very little pay. Most enjoyable part of the job is working close with other team members who get along well share same interests and know when to work hard when required

Cons

hours and time of hours

Great Place to work

I loved working at Burgerfuel as it taught me a lot about the general running of a restaurant. With a great team and great management I was able to progress and have confidence in the workplace. My most enjoyable part of the job would definitely be meeting all the people and engaging with the regular customers.

Pros

Free Lunches, Good progress opportunities

Good

Great experience, exceptional training, strong work ethic gained. Awesome product. Had fun working there and learnt a lot. Awesome people who were apart of my team. Felt very challenge everyday which was great.

Pros

Free lunch, great uniform, great benefits, great company

Cons

Poor pay, very hot to work there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BurgerFuel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• BurgerFuel