BurgerFuel
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
BurgerFuel Employee Review

Good

12 September 2015
Great experience, exceptional training, strong work ethic gained.
Awesome product.

Had fun working there and learnt a lot. Awesome people who were apart of my team. Felt very challenge everyday which was great.
Pros
Free lunch, great uniform, great benefits, great company
Cons
Poor pay, very hot to work there
13 July 2020
Front of House (Former Employee) - Timaru, Canterbury
I worked at Burger Fuel for six months and left because of broken promises.

When I started there I was part time and working 22-28 hours. Even then I was stressed or from work.

But by the time I left I was on 8 hours because and I quote ‘she doesn’t upsell like *co worker* does’. Even though I did upsell, I just didn’t enjoy the angry customers you got with it.

So I was begging for more hours while trying to live off my minimum wage. I was then promised full time work but that never happened.

On top of that there was workplace bullying towards me and another coworker and no matter how much we talked about it it was ignored.
Pros
Free food after 5 hours.
Cons
Minimum wage for a big company. Workplace bullying. Hours cut with no explanation. Stress.
10 June 2020
SHIFT MANAGER (Current Employee) - Mount Roskill, Auckland
Burgerfuel is a fantastic company to start with the work we do and things we manage is really competitive. Taking care of little details is required. Busy working day is really enjoyable with a really good and fun-loving staff.
Pros
good learning atmosphere, free meal
Cons
less salary than the work we do
30 January 2020
Morning Set Up (Former Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
a standard day would be making burgers and serving customers cleaning dishes and grills.

I learned how to be more confident with complete strangers and how to become more efficient with my work.

Workplace culture can be good fun lots of banter and jokes, but most people who I worked with would slack off and made my job more harder.

Hardest part would be doing consecutive graveyard shifts 11pm-5am and dealing with drunk and high people and people who act like they are elite and you should worship the ground they walk on.

Most enjoyable is being able to play our own music and turn the place into a mini club.