BurgerFuel Employee Review

Fun place to work, great staff
FOH staff (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland28 November 2016
Working at Burgerfuel was fun and fast paced. It gave me a lot of hospitality skills and made me a better worker. I had a great staff apart from a manager who bullied me into leaving the job. I did really enjoy the atmosphere and appreciated the work. Would recommend especially for first time hospitality workers.
Pros
Free food if you worked over 8 hours
Cons
Late nights

Other BurgerFuel Employee Reviews

Amazing staff and environment... Horrible management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mt. Wellington, Auckland3 November 2019
Summary:
+ Staff is great and fun to chill with
+ Lax environment, not much for strictness and by-the-book rules
+ Get to develop communication skills and multi-tasking
+ Nice food
- Higher ups are all a bunch cucks that don't care about you or your team
- Large workloads, small rewards
- Very stressful

Full:
Always understaffed, with the same rotation of workers on for whole days at a time. Managers are worse off than regular crew working essentially the entire week for not much better pay.

Staff when in a good mood are all friendly and fun to be around, gets quite tense during lunch and dinner rushes as everyone is stretching themselves to handle unbearable workloads.

Staff meals are great, as long as you're a fan of their food.

Stores are encouraged to be extremely competitive, and there's constantly inter-store competitions that result in a store-wide cash reward based on rank placements. Cash is split based on working hours and generally decided by store manager.

Can expect a whole lot of stress all the time with minimal reward. However if you're looking for an intimate work space that keeps you extremely busy and has you working yourself to death in a team this might be the one for you.
Hated this job
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland8 July 2019
I did not like working for burgerfuel management was unfair to part timers and the owner of the store gave out empty promises throughout the year and a bit that I worked there.