BurgerFuel Employee Review

Fun workplace
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Parnell, Auckland28 January 2019
I've learned a few things about myself while working at Burgerfuel, my strengths and weaknesses. I was able to identify them and improve on them simultaneously while enjoying the busy work flow and gaining new skills.

The culture around BurgerFuel workplace in Parnell is vibrant and fun , even when working on one of the busiest nights of the week which is either friday or saturday night. You could never stress about anything at work because tasks are always delegated to each staffs, accordingly to their experience and management level. Workload is fairly shared around.

The hardest part of the job for me personally would be managing a customer's complaint or frustration. I could easily get flustered by this however, I overcame this by experiencing more of customer complaints. I grew more confident and handled almost every situation with care by the system's rules and policies. It was both scary and fun because I was learning how to step out of my comfort-zone.
Pros
yummy staff meals (burgers)
Cons
not enough hours/shifts are only 2-3hrs long, 15 mins break only

Other BurgerFuel Employee Reviews

Amazing staff and environment... Horrible management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mt. Wellington, Auckland3 November 2019
Summary:
+ Staff is great and fun to chill with
+ Lax environment, not much for strictness and by-the-book rules
+ Get to develop communication skills and multi-tasking
+ Nice food
- Higher ups are all a bunch cucks that don't care about you or your team
- Large workloads, small rewards
- Very stressful

Full:
Always understaffed, with the same rotation of workers on for whole days at a time. Managers are worse off than regular crew working essentially the entire week for not much better pay.

Staff when in a good mood are all friendly and fun to be around, gets quite tense during lunch and dinner rushes as everyone is stretching themselves to handle unbearable workloads.

Staff meals are great, as long as you're a fan of their food.

Stores are encouraged to be extremely competitive, and there's constantly inter-store competitions that result in a store-wide cash reward based on rank placements. Cash is split based on working hours and generally decided by store manager.

Can expect a whole lot of stress all the time with minimal reward. However if you're looking for an intimate work space that keeps you extremely busy and has you working yourself to death in a team this might be the one for you.
Hated this job
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland8 July 2019
I did not like working for burgerfuel management was unfair to part timers and the owner of the store gave out empty promises throughout the year and a bit that I worked there.