BurgerFuel
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
BurgerFuel Employee Review

Nice... at the start

18 October 2018
It’s a good place but hard to get cover and gets you very tired. A lot of work for a newbie. Older staff don’t work as hard/aren’t expected to work as hard. They get paid more than me so? Not enough workers on at one time. Staff are fun, but grumpy when busy. I do like it, don’t get me wrong. Just isn’t for me. Sadly I wanna quit after 3 months...
Pros
Free food after 5 hours
Cons
Long nights and stress
20 January 2018
Same location
Shift Manager (Current Employee) - Wellington City, Wellington
hardest part of the job is constantly working under pressure for little to none rewards and very little pay.

Most enjoyable part of the job is working close with other team members who get along well share same interests and know when to work hard when required
Cons
hours and time of hours
13 July 2020
Front of House (Former Employee) - Timaru, Canterbury
I worked at Burger Fuel for six months and left because of broken promises.

When I started there I was part time and working 22-28 hours. Even then I was stressed or from work.

But by the time I left I was on 8 hours because and I quote ‘she doesn’t upsell like *co worker* does’. Even though I did upsell, I just didn’t enjoy the angry customers you got with it.

So I was begging for more hours while trying to live off my minimum wage. I was then promised full time work but that never happened.

On top of that there was workplace bullying towards me and another coworker and no matter how much we talked about it it was ignored.
Pros
Free food after 5 hours.
Cons
Minimum wage for a big company. Workplace bullying. Hours cut with no explanation. Stress.
10 June 2020
SHIFT MANAGER (Current Employee) - Mount Roskill, Auckland
Burgerfuel is a fantastic company to start with the work we do and things we manage is really competitive. Taking care of little details is required. Busy working day is really enjoyable with a really good and fun-loving staff.
Pros
good learning atmosphere, free meal
Cons
less salary than the work we do