Canterbury District Health Board
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Canterbury District Health Board Pay & Benefits reviews

New Zealand18 reviews
Huge job with huge satisfaction assisting our health consumers to access health services relevant to their health and well-being. Have been able to increase management/financial/health service/people development skills - empowering and guiding staff to develop professionally to best their 'best' workplace self whilst understanding the importance of their contribution to the NZ healthcare system. Love being able to work within budget and to health targets delivering tangible benefits to consumers. Really enjoy positive colleague vibes and seeing how we contribute our little bit the CDHB values of care and respect. There are good people working here.
Workplace culture has declined over the years with a lot of talk but not 'the walk' with internal accountability decreasing and no awareness of some poor management and real leadership skills lacking. Ask good questions at interview about the culture in the team you're interested in. Great nurses sometimes being put into leadership roles without support training or boundaries of what leadership actually is. Lack of management skill has resulted in convert bullying in my particular area e.g insufficient staffing, undermining and lack of resources to do our jobs. Pretty exhausting. HR systems to resolve/complain doesn't work unfortunately. Some areas better/worse that others. Upper management just ignore it. Just wish it could be fixed in my neck of the woods! Best part of the job- making sure our unit produces top quality healthcare, cost effectively by happy staff. The hardest part (and the only part I hate) is the soul
 - more...
The CDHB is a large employer. Working in a hospital was busy. The work was steady and routine. There was a lot of opportunity to move into different jobs.
Pros
Steady hours
Cons
Poor pay
CDHB is great work place where you can excel yourself and learn more about the subject

The knowledge which I have gained is vast and varied like (Networking Concepts, Hardware, Application Support, User Support, L1 & L2 Support)

The management style is different to other companies as it is a government organization

Lack of team work and team spirit

Configuring and deploying Windows 7 Operating System using Configuration Manager Console (SCCM 2007)

Adding assets to the respective collection groups of SSCM

Handling SCCM Client installations & uninstallations and troubleshooting various on SCCM Client

In depth knowledge of how collection have been created in console for the location

Maintaining SCCM Patch activities

Maintaining Software distribution and SCCM log file auditing activities

Adding the Users and Machines to a respective collection group in an Active Directory

Backing Up of .pst files and other user related data to a safer location before rolling-out to windows 7

Assisting the users in order resolve the hardware and software compatibility issues

Managing the functionality and efficiency of a desktop proactively and reactively by responding to Jobs raised by the users in service desk queue

Assisting the users remotely in order to solve their issues (remote desktop)

Configure, deploy and explain the infrastructure of “Thin client” devices (Virtual Desktop Units) to the users

Adding the users to respective groups in Active Directory so that users can access the applications on VDI’s

Installing the printers and scanners
 - more...
Pros
Meeting new people in our daily work life
Cons
Lack of team work