Cardinal Logistics
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Cardinal Logistics Employee Reviews

Need to be physically fit,have a energetic attitude as their is alot of physical work to be done and having some thinking ability is just as importantant for solving problems for example if a products have been mixed up or go missing
Comment – 10 June 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback about Cardinal. We really appreciate your input!
This job really isn't worth applying for. They make it out like the company is really big and expensive but it's all false advertisement. Pay rate is the most shxttiest hourly rate I've even been on. The management really think they royalty, they don't respect anyone. They have their favourites and treat everyone like dogs. We work like robots and never upskill.
Pros
Nothing at all.
Cons
An overall experience with this job was that I learnt different skills and attributes that I can continue to use in future preferences but management in my view did not meet my expectations. Pay wise from my point of view was that I was doing more on my job description than what I was getting paid for. False promises were made with pay rises and wasn't treated fairly in the work environment. It was like favouritism took place in the work environment when it shouldn't be because I believe that everyone should be treated equally. This is what my overall experience or review of this job was like.
Comment – 20 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We strive to be the best we can be for our employees, so we regret that we didn’t meet that expectation. We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Feel free to contact us directly at dedwards@cardlog.com or 704-789-2000 ext. 111802.
In cardinal I had the opportunity to do my internship, was a great experience as I went through several departments such as Imports, Exports, Transport, among others.
Comment – 12 November 2019
Thanks so much for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences working with us.
Lovely place to work the people are very welcoming so are all the supervisors and managers. I enjoy working in this environment very much. I learned a lot at this company and there is always room for improvement.
typical day at cardinal do more work while the favourites get "supervisor" roles telling people to do what they don't even know themselves lol. people were good management need more people skills lol
Pros
staff sale
Cons
staff sale goods days from expiring lol
Just start the container,and the unloading easy and understandable most will try to help each other out if something goes wrong or someone is stuck or needs help
Coming from cardinal was a very great experience, meeting new people and different cultures, I was very honoured making new friends with a different culture
Pros
They shouted us during weekend work and also when u had done a few year with the company
had moved to melbourne why i finished with this job, good job, but relocated, if i was still in nz i would still be there, i ended up doing my reach/tugger licence from there as well
The people at Cardinal were a lovely bunch of people to work with. Cardinal was a very family orientated company which saw alot of the children of workers come through the compay and eventually go on to bigger and better work goals
Pros
Annual bbq shouts by the owner, Tony
Cons
The busy seasons were outrageous
Some containers could take all day to unload, which took a lot of enjoyment out of working there, it didn't help I could be waiting up to half an hour for a fork lift. However, it was a very supportive environment with supportive people.
Pros
Very relaxed on breaks
Cons
Some containers could take ages
To get far in this company, you're expected to work ridiculous conditions. Hit targets above KPI and then get targeted my management if targets aren't achieved. Favourites are more likely to get the easy jobs.
Pros
some good people
Cons
bad management, picking favourites
What I loved about this company were the people. I worked with many diffrent cultures, from Maori {my culture}, to Islander, to Pakeha, Indian and afew others. Everyone was friendly who all got along constantly! I had worked in a warehouse previously but with this one I leant so much more. I ran Dispatch on my own so that was awesome. The speed was incredible as I loved working under pressure. Being able to learn invoicing, notes was a blast. I enjoyed the job alot but the money side of things was abit of a issue.
I enjoyed it as it was work for me and many other of my colleagues. The pay was pretty pathetic but many of us had no choice but to turn up for work. I lived a street down from the warehouse so it was very close to my home which is part of the reason I stayed, I was able to save petrol especially with the poor hourly rate they were paying us.
Was there for 4 years never allowed to advance , yet people come in less than a month and made "supervisor" managers play favourites and pay is slack, if you like brown nosing your way to the top this is the place for you . Only thing that makes that place bearable are the cool people who work there other than that you will get Unrealistic work loads and managers who dictate rather than lead.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Pay / management
I enjoyed working at Cardinal Logistics because the people were always friendly but I would not recommend working there due to the way they manage certain situations
The job and the staff were great to work with and progress into a great career but they have some management that have their own styles of working and if you are not up to the standard you would not last long. A job not to have an opinion in, you are not allowed say or do anything their that might benefit the workplace without approval of on manager in particular who does not like confrontations at all.
at a normal day of work it is very busy..... scanning codes and wrapping pallets was a drag hahha but overall experience i believe it was okay
Pros
friendly people, safe enviroment
Cons
alot of dramas
It was a fun place to work in but managers werent being fair on workers. always had a new worker nearly every week because management was firing workers if she didnt like them.
Pros
meeting new people making long life friends
Cons
manager being unfair
very good work environment with a positive and very exuberant co workers. it helped me understand what to do or the basics of a team work environment.
works busy , learn new ways to make the picking/packing faster & co-workers are easy to get along with. The most hardest part of the job is probably looking for missing products.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
orders being dropped different times
  1. Employee Reviews