Carter Holt Harvey
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all Carter Holt Harvey reviews

Carter Holt Harvey

Carter Holt Harvey Employee Review

Good workplace

Good environment and health and safety standards, got to work with many different personalities and cultures. I worked on the floor making my way up to managing my own shift. The best part is helping the operators with learning and training, helping them achieve their goals, eventually working on their pay rises, and giving them more experience and training. The hardest part of the job but yet very rewarding, was helping people through difficult circumstances, whether that be at home or at work. The other things that I have enjoyed, is working on system to help improve health and Safety, whether that be with tool boxes, updating isolation assessments and training assessments. I also do fitec units (competenz NZQA), mark and assess as I have my assessors unit. I learnt to manage pays by checking and approving worked hours by the operators, learnt how to organize my time better and manage better with the ongoing courses that my job has allowed me to do to achieve ongoing potential.

Pros

Doing courses such as first line management level 3

Same role

Enjoy my job and the people i work with

I am at my work station at 0515/1715 to prepare myself and my crews equipment EG tools, sap and data sheets. talk to previous operators from out going shifts about any breakdowns jams or quality problems they might have had during there shift. get along well with operations manager and the maintenance department, try to give them as much information about machine centres as I can so work can be carried out on designated maintenance day. enjoy the challenges of drying low density logs very difficult job. Best part of the job is knowing I am going home satisfied that I have produced the highest quality of veneer possible and my fellow work mates are going home safely to there family.

Stressful and long hours

Not a very good place to work.no money spent on new machinery.no overhead gantry to help with the heavy lifting of trusses and frames.Low wages had to wait for the min pay rate to go up to $20hr.got ripped off annual leave to use during covid lockdown 2020.Quantity not quality to get your cube out every week.Long hours hard on the body sore backs and shoulders.High absenteism due to getting sick or body is sore.need a day off.No incentives lack of direction by management.Wages could be way higher for what you do better off being a hammerhand or building apprentice.Carters executive management don't really care your just a number you work hard to fatten there pockets.Carters need to be investigated can be quite a toxic enviroment.

Pros

Southern Cross discounted Healthcare, you need it when your body breaksdown, Good mates there they the ones who do the real work.

Cons

Long hours.always tired.no incentives.no free lunches.low pay.

Work somewhere else if you can

They treat you like a number. Expect 200% from you on minimum wage when someone on their first day does nothing on same pay rate. Very hard to get pay rises, always promised never given. Management is useless, no idea how to run a company. You only move up by treading on other people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carter Holt Harvey. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Carter Holt Harvey
  • Good workplace
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?