Carter Holt Harvey
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all Carter Holt Harvey reviews

Carter Holt Harvey

Carter Holt Harvey Employee Review

Likeable workplace

I pretty much new everything else except uploading run sheets using excel and uploader and also data analyse which is something that I never had done it before so these are the two things I have learnt from this company.

Pros

half an hour lunch

Cons

yes long hours when it comes to month end.

Same location

Productive but Short term Focus

The company is privately owned and currently up for sale. While the people are great the sale prospect is causing uncertainty and insecurity. The business can be a fun pace to work at and has a large diverse ethic work force.

Pros

Great people, flexible work hours, able to work from home.

Cons

Business uncertainity
Same location

Good people, lots of change

The team that I have worked in for the past 3 years has been very united and a great place to work. The team spirit and people makes for a very relaxed and fun culture. That said, there is significant change now and many of the teams are either relocating or subject to significant change. This means that the teams I have been working alongside will soon no longer be part of my working day and the management team that I am working with are moving to a different business.

Pros

The people are great to work with

Cons

Significant change now means job no longer the same / relocation further to travel

Stressful and long hours

Not a very good place to work.no money spent on new machinery.no overhead gantry to help with the heavy lifting of trusses and frames.Low wages had to wait for the min pay rate to go up to $20hr.got ripped off annual leave to use during covid lockdown 2020.Quantity not quality to get your cube out every week.Long hours hard on the body sore backs and shoulders.High absenteism due to getting sick or body is sore.need a day off.No incentives lack of direction by management.Wages could be way higher for what you do better off being a hammerhand or building apprentice.Carters executive management don't really care your just a number you work hard to fatten there pockets.Carters need to be investigated can be quite a toxic enviroment.

Pros

Southern Cross discounted Healthcare, you need it when your body breaksdown, Good mates there they the ones who do the real work.

Cons

Long hours.always tired.no incentives.no free lunches.low pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carter Holt Harvey. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Carter Holt Harvey