Carter Holt Harvey logo
Carter Holt Harvey
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all Carter Holt Harvey reviews

Carter Holt Harvey

Carter Holt Harvey Employee Review

supportive and motivational

Carter Holt Harvey wood products has good benefits for it's staff and is proactive in upskilling personnel. I worked with a great team in the maintenance department servicing equipment ranging from Vintage to highly sophisticated, a good all-round experience.

Same location

Enjoy my job and the people i work with

I am at my work station at 0515/1715 to prepare myself and my crews equipment EG tools, sap and data sheets. talk to previous operators from out going shifts about any breakdowns jams or quality problems they might have had during there shift. get along well with operations manager and the maintenance department, try to give them as much information about machine centres as I can so work can be carried out on designated maintenance day. enjoy the challenges of drying low density logs very difficult job. Best part of the job is knowing I am going home satisfied that I have produced the highest quality of veneer possible and my fellow work mates are going home safely to there family.
Same location

we play table tennis at smoko

A very nice place to work at and has been for the last 28 years we have brought our 5 children up while working at the mill

Pros

work

Cons

loss of jobs
Same location

Awsum people to work with have made life time friends

This job involved 12hr shifts, 4on 4 off. We started with 2xnightshifts-a24hr break then 2xdayshifts. 7till7.Lots of time to spend with family/hobbies etc. Although if the shifts could have been changed to starting with the day shifts rather than the nights, as the fitters etc ran their shifts, less tiredness would have been avoided.Excellent co-workers as a whole.Constant effort into attaining Zero harm and safe work practises.

Pros

excellent super scheme

Cons

starting the rotations on night shift
  • Carter Holt Harvey