Carter Holt Harvey logo
Carter Holt Harvey
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Carter Holt Harvey Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

3.5Work–Life Balance

night shift work

4 nights on 4 days off was a hard shift. Just got back into sleeping nights and it was back to work.The money was good for the hours but impacted on home life too much.

Team work and improved Job culture environment equals production

First of all,a typical day would start off with preparing with the work schedule for the day and any emergency order that can be slotted in with production schedule. The work environment was awesome, working with co-workers and Management.learning new skills such as operating other machines and different job tasks. All this can be challenging,satisfying,and enjoyable as a task has been completed The social club and the end of the year breakups brought the whole work environment to a new level, as you felt you were a part of the company.

Pros

Awesome work social set ups

Cons

had to pay for it and taxed too high

Good , solid company to work for in New Zealand

Underpaid comparative to market. Good work / life balance, would have had to wait till someone left for a promotion. Not a great culture outside of work.

It is a very productive and we always have fun but everyone wish to have that company back because its close down (redundancy)

I love my job I worked 12hrs a night that means 4on and 4off in other words 4days @ work and 4days off. Anyway the beauty of my job is filling in report and ready for the next shift just to let them know if there is an on going problem during our run. Hardest part of the job when our packer went for her break and I have to cover her. I worked with friendly bundle of team nice people with good attitude

Pros

Yes company offered free lunch if our team reached the target of the month

Cons

Yes long hours

Balanced work life.

A very enjoyable workplace with pleasant colleagues. Always looks forward to working everyday as getting along with everyone is not an issue. I have learned different technical aspects of the company's core applications and infrastructure that have developed my skills as an IT support. Always looks forward to acquiring new skills and abilities in the field of IT. The most enjoyable part of the job is supporting and resolving customers' issues. The hardest part of the job when the IT team itself takes a while to resolve the issue.

Pros

None.

Cons

On call.

Productive but very challenging.

Get feedback throught out the whole machine from opperators. Do improvements or strip parts just to get a more of and understanding of how it works. I have learned that the operators are the key to me making my job successful as they hold the most information and experience on the machines and us as engineers need them. The hardest part of my job is to get management and the opperators to be aligned. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see my machine run continously at a high speed without any mechanical breakdown.

Pros

i have full responsibility of the corrugator

Cons

i have no one to fill in for me when i go on holiday which i always come back to lots of work, that was not completed while i was away

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carter Holt Harvey. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Carter Holt Harvey