Carter Holt Harvey
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Carter Holt Harvey Employee Reviews in Tokoroa, Waikato

Tokoroa, Waikato4 reviews
I am at my work station at 0515/1715 to prepare myself and my crews equipment EG tools, sap and data sheets. talk to previous operators from out going shifts about any breakdowns jams or quality problems they might have had during there shift. get along well with operations manager and the maintenance department, try to give them as much information about machine centres as I can so work can be carried out on designated maintenance day. enjoy the challenges of drying low density logs very difficult job. Best part of the job is knowing I am going home satisfied that I have produced the highest quality of veneer possible and my fellow work mates are going home safely to there family.
Carter Holt Harvey wood products has good benefits for it's staff and is proactive in upskilling personnel. I worked with a great team in the maintenance department servicing equipment ranging from Vintage to highly sophisticated, a good all-round experience.
A very nice place to work at and has been for the last 28 years we have brought our 5 children up while working at the mill
Pros
work
Cons
loss of jobs
This job involved 12hr shifts, 4on 4 off. We started with 2xnightshifts-a
24hr break then 2xdayshifts. 7till7.

Lots of time to spend with family/hobbies etc. Although if the shifts could have been changed to starting with the day shifts rather than the nights, as the fitters etc ran their shifts, less tiredness would have been avoided.

Excellent co-workers as a whole.

Constant effort into attaining Zero harm and safe work practises.
Pros
excellent super scheme
Cons
starting the rotations on night shift
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Carter Holt Harvey?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carter Holt Harvey. Our community is ready to answer.