Carter Holt Harvey
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Carter Holt Harvey Employee Reviews for Manufacturing Manager

Manufacturing Manager1 review
New Zealand1 review
Found 1 review matching the search
Although I did enjoy my time at the mill, Tasman was an extremely difficult place to work especially between 1999 and 2015 when the business changed owners 5 times with each owner putting some difficult expectations on the business. Due to the high turn over of employees in management, unrealistic work load was distributed with no relief in sight.
I was promoted from production coordinator to manufacturing manager and kept all of the duties of both roles. When more people left and the outsourced maintenance team under performed, I was given the role as annual shut managers role on top of my other duties. When the new mill manager started in 2014, I carried on creating weekly and monthly reports for the CEO and directions team at the mill managers request. My work life balance suffered to the point where I had to leave the business due to many requests for help being ignored.

The hardest part of working at the mill was dealing the a very strong unionised culture and working within the boundaries of the contract whilst trying t achieve the KPI's
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long hours, poor relability, no accountability, unrealistic work expectations