Carter Holt Harvey logo
Carter Holt Harvey
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Carter Holt Harvey Pay & Benefits reviews

New Zealand35 reviews

Clear
3.5Work–Life Balance
3.5Pay & Benefits

Friendly Team

Had very good friendly team while working at Carter Holt Harvey. Very supportive. Working as fork hoist operator was not a very easy task for me. But I received encouragement from the colleagues.

Pros

free coffee

Stressful and long hours

Not a very good place to work.no money spent on new machinery.no overhead gantry to help with the heavy lifting of trusses and frames.Low wages had to wait for the min pay rate to go up to $20hr.got ripped off annual leave to use during covid lockdown 2020.Quantity not quality to get your cube out every week.Long hours hard on the body sore backs and shoulders.High absenteism due to getting sick or body is sore.need a day off.No incentives lack of direction by management.Wages could be way higher for what you do better off being a hammerhand or building apprentice.Carters executive management don't really care your just a number you work hard to fatten there pockets.Carters need to be investigated can be quite a toxic enviroment.

Pros

Southern Cross discounted Healthcare, you need it when your body breaksdown, Good mates there they the ones who do the real work.

Cons

Long hours.always tired.no incentives.no free lunches.low pay.

Work somewhere else if you can

They treat you like a number. Expect 200% from you on minimum wage when someone on their first day does nothing on same pay rate. Very hard to get pay rises, always promised never given. Management is useless, no idea how to run a company. You only move up by treading on other people.

supportive and motivational

Carter Holt Harvey wood products has good benefits for it's staff and is proactive in upskilling personnel. I worked with a great team in the maintenance department servicing equipment ranging from Vintage to highly sophisticated, a good all-round experience.

a fun place

Great management with great wokers. I learned a lot from my friend that I worked with..the best part is when we had lunch and talked about the job. The hardest part is when we worked long hours

Pros

great manage ment

good place

good environment to work and friendly staff. I love how thins are working as they use the latest equipment with folk hoist, reach hoist, computerize programmed to load and unload the product. The biggest paper company in New Zealand.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

good hours

A okay place to work but working conditions not the best.

Some of the time there was okay but some of the work collegues were hard to get on with.Not the place to be without transport as it was half an hours drive to nearest town.

Pros

had some good lunches from the cookhouse

Cons

Had to live in singlemens hut

Challenging, Draining, Unsatifiying

Although I did enjoy my time at the mill, Tasman was an extremely difficult place to work especially between 1999 and 2015 when the business changed owners 5 times with each owner putting some difficult expectations on the business. Due to the high turn over of employees in management, unrealistic work load was distributed with no relief in sight. I was promoted from production coordinator to manufacturing manager and kept all of the duties of both roles. When more people left and the outsourced maintenance team under performed, I was given the role as annual shut managers role on top of my other duties. When the new mill manager started in 2014, I carried on creating weekly and monthly reports for the CEO and directions team at the mill managers request. My work life balance suffered to the point where I had to leave the business due to many requests for help being ignored. The hardest part of working at the mill was dealing the a very strong unionised culture and working within the boundaries of the contract whilst trying t achieve the KPI's

Pros

Salary

Cons

Long hours, poor relability, no accountability, unrealistic work expectations

Daily checks on all machines. Doing work which was scheduled for the day. Shuts on machines. Full time on standby on any breakdowns. Learned faultfinding on machines and to get better performanse. Good team, always willing to help each other. Satisfaction of finishing a job before the cut off time and to see that a machine is in a good running condition, and better working, after the job is done.

Pros

Shift and meal allowance, Pension and Medical Insurance, overtime

provide a good workplace

my typical day at work was long and standing on your feet for 12hours.What i learnt was different types of the trees and sheets that were made by the tree.management was good but hard but they made our work place safe.the hardest part of the job was paperwork every shift you do.co-workers were good because they were there to help you alot.enjoyable part to the job was going home from a long day

Pros

no hot meals for the night shift

Jobs at Carter Holt Harvey