Carter Holt Harvey

Carter Holt Harvey Pay & Benefits reviews

supportive and motivational
Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  Tokoroa, Waikato27 March 2018
Carter Holt Harvey wood products has good benefits for it's staff and is proactive in upskilling personnel. I worked with a great team in the maintenance department servicing equipment ranging from Vintage to highly sophisticated, a good all-round experience.
a fun place
Assistant Laminator and Printer, Aperio (Former Employee) –  Christchurch New Zealand1 March 2018
Great management with great wokers. I learned a lot from my friend that I worked with..the best part is when we had lunch and talked about the job. The hardest part is when we worked long hours
Pros
great manage ment
good place
Forklift Driver, /Inward Good (Former Employee) –  Nelson Road, onehunga12 June 2017
good environment to work and friendly staff. I love how thins are working as they use the latest equipment with folk hoist, reach hoist, computerize programmed to load and unload the product. The biggest paper company in New Zealand.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
good hours
A okay place to work but working conditions not the best.
Table hand on dry table (Former Employee) –  Maramarua4 June 2017
Some of the time there was okay but some of the work collegues were hard to get on with.Not the place to be without transport as it was half an hours drive to nearest town.
Pros
had some good lunches from the cookhouse
Cons
Had to live in singlemens hut
Challenging, Draining, Unsatifiying
Manufacturing & Annual shut manager - CHH Tasman (Former Employee) –  Tasman12 September 2016
Although I did enjoy my time at the mill, Tasman was an extremely difficult place to work especially between 1999 and 2015 when the business changed owners 5 times with each owner putting some difficult expectations on the business. Due to the high turn over of employees in management, unrealistic work load was distributed with no relief in sight.
I was promoted from production coordinator to manufacturing manager and kept all of the duties of both roles. When more people left and the outsourced maintenance team under performed, I was given the role as annual shut managers role on top of my other duties. When the new mill manager started in 2014, I carried on creating weekly and monthly reports for the CEO and directions team at the mill managers request. My work life balance suffered to the point where I had to leave the business due to many requests for help being ignored.
The hardest part of working at the mill was dealing the a very strong unionised culture and working within the boundaries of the contract whilst trying t achieve the KPI's
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long hours, poor relability, no accountability, unrealistic work expectations
Maintenance Engineer (Fitter and Turner) (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury1 November 2015
Daily checks on all machines.
Doing work which was scheduled for the day.
Shuts on machines.
Full time on standby on any breakdowns.

Learned faultfinding on machines and to get better performanse.

Good team, always willing to help each other.

Satisfaction of finishing a job before the cut off time and to see that a machine is in a good running condition, and better working, after the job is done.
Pros
Shift and meal allowance, Pension and Medical Insurance, overtime
provide a good workplace
Machine & Fork Operator (Former Employee) –  Ruakaka, N12 August 2014
my typical day at work was long and standing on your feet for 12hours.What i learnt was different types of the trees and sheets that were made by the tree.management was good but hard but they made our work place safe.the hardest part of the job was paperwork every shift you do.co-workers were good because they were there to help you alot.enjoyable part to the job was going home from a long day
Pros
no hot meals for the night shift
Very good factory
Factory worker (Former Employee) –  Manulai18 May 2014
Good worker in company willing to work full time and have a good atitude, responsible to work
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Full time
Raw Materials Controller, Paper Bag Division (Former Employee) –  penrose15 November 2013
very healthy work enviroinment so friendly it's awesome place to work.
Pros
good envinroinment to work.
Cons
very poor health and safety envinroinment