Carter Holt Harvey
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Carter Holt Harvey Employee Review

Good workplace

30 November 2018
Good environment and health and safety standards,
got to work with many different personalities and cultures.

I worked on the floor making my way up to managing my own shift.

The best part is helping the operators with learning and training,

helping them achieve their goals,

eventually working on their pay rises,

and giving them more experience and training.

The hardest part of the job but yet very rewarding,

was helping people through difficult circumstances,

whether that be at home or at work.

The other things that I have enjoyed,

is working on system to help improve health and Safety,

whether that be with tool boxes, updating isolation assessments and training assessments.

I also do fitec units (competenz NZQA),

mark and assess as I have my assessors unit.

I learnt to manage pays by checking and approving worked hours by the operators,

learnt how to organize my time better and manage better with the ongoing courses that my job has allowed me to do to achieve ongoing potential.
Pros
Doing courses such as first line management level 3
18 May 2018
Same role
Team Leader/Dryer Operator (Current Employee) - Tokoroa, Waikato
I am at my work station at 0515/1715 to prepare myself and my crews equipment EG tools, sap and data sheets. talk to previous operators from out going shifts about any breakdowns jams or quality problems they might have had during there shift. get along well with operations manager and the maintenance department, try to give them as much information about machine centres as I can so work can be carried out on designated maintenance day. enjoy the challenges of drying low density logs very difficult job. Best part of the job is knowing I am going home satisfied that I have produced the highest quality of veneer possible and my fellow work mates are going home safely to there family.
14 May 2020
Production Operator (Former Employee) - Whangarei, Northland
They treat you like a number. Expect 200% from you on minimum wage when someone on their first day does nothing on same pay rate. Very hard to get pay rises, always promised never given. Management is useless, no idea how to run a company. You only move up by treading on other people.
6 April 2020
Scaffolder (Former Employee) - New zealand
Will I must say this was the best company I have ever worked for.Best bunch of workers.good community. Probably was I stayed therefore 30 years.Good amenityies
Pros
Allgood
Cons