Carter Holt Harvey

Carter Holt Harvey Employee Review

View all Carter Holt Harvey reviews

Good people, lots of change
Asset and Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Onehunga, Auckland23 August 2015
The team that I have worked in for the past 3 years has been very united and a great place to work. The team spirit and people makes for a very relaxed and fun culture.
That said, there is significant change now and many of the teams are either relocating or subject to significant change.
This means that the teams I have been working alongside will soon no longer be part of my working day and the management team that I am working with are moving to a different business.
Pros
The people are great to work with
Cons
Significant change now means job no longer the same / relocation further to travel

Other Carter Holt Harvey Employee Reviews

Friendly Team
Fork Hoist Operator, Manufacturing worker (Former Employee) –  Mangere, Auckland24 March 2019
Had very good friendly team while working at Carter Holt Harvey. Very supportive. Working as fork hoist operator was not a very easy task for me. But I received encouragement from the colleagues.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Good workplace
Veneer End Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Marsden Point, Northland30 November 2018
Good environment and health and safety standards,
got to work with many different personalities and cultures.

I worked on the floor making my way up to managing my own shift.

The best part is helping the operators with learning and training,
helping them achieve their goals,
eventually working on their pay rises,
and giving them more experience and training.

The hardest part of the job but yet very rewarding,
was helping people through difficult circumstances,
whether that be at home or at work.

The other things that I have enjoyed,
is working on system to help improve health and Safety,
whether that be with tool boxes, updating isolation assessments and training assessments.

I also do fitec units (competenz NZQA),
mark and assess as I have my assessors unit.

I learnt to manage pays by checking and approving worked hours by the operators,
learnt how to organize my time better and manage better with the ongoing courses that my job has allowed me to do to achieve ongoing potential.
Pros
Doing courses such as first line management level 3