Carter Holt Harvey
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Carter Holt Harvey Employee Review

Challenging, Draining, Unsatifiying

12 September 2016
Although I did enjoy my time at the mill, Tasman was an extremely difficult place to work especially between 1999 and 2015 when the business changed owners 5 times with each owner putting some difficult expectations on the business. Due to the high turn over of employees in management, unrealistic work load was distributed with no relief in sight.
I was promoted from production coordinator to manufacturing manager and kept all of the duties of both roles. When more people left and the outsourced maintenance team under performed, I was given the role as annual shut managers role on top of my other duties. When the new mill manager started in 2014, I carried on creating weekly and monthly reports for the CEO and directions team at the mill managers request. My work life balance suffered to the point where I had to leave the business due to many requests for help being ignored.

The hardest part of working at the mill was dealing the a very strong unionised culture and working within the boundaries of the contract whilst trying t achieve the KPI's
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long hours, poor relability, no accountability, unrealistic work expectations
14 May 2020
Production Operator (Former Employee) - Whangarei, Northland
They treat you like a number. Expect 200% from you on minimum wage when someone on their first day does nothing on same pay rate. Very hard to get pay rises, always promised never given. Management is useless, no idea how to run a company. You only move up by treading on other people.
6 April 2020
Scaffolder (Former Employee) - New zealand
Will I must say this was the best company I have ever worked for.Best bunch of workers.good community. Probably was I stayed therefore 30 years.Good amenityies
Pros
Allgood
24 March 2019
Fork Hoist Operator, Manufacturing worker (Former Employee) - Mangere, Auckland
Had very good friendly team while working at Carter Holt Harvey. Very supportive. Working as fork hoist operator was not a very easy task for me. But I received encouragement from the colleagues.
Pros
free coffee