Carter Holt Harvey Employee Reviews

provide a good workplace
Machine & Fork Operator (Former Employee) –  Ruakaka, N12 August 2014
my typical day at work was long and standing on your feet for 12hours.What i learnt was different types of the trees and sheets that were made by the tree.management was good but hard but they made our work place safe.the hardest part of the job was paperwork every shift you do.co-workers were good because they were there to help you alot.enjoyable part to the job was going home from a long day
Pros
no hot meals for the night shift
Cons
It is a very productive and we always have fun but everyone wish to have that company back because its close down (redundancy)
Quality Controller (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N1 July 2014
I love my job I worked 12hrs a night that means 4on and 4off in other words 4days @ work and 4days off. Anyway the beauty of my job is filling in report and ready for the next shift just to let them know if there is an on going problem during our run. Hardest part of the job when our packer went for her break and I have to cover her. I worked with friendly bundle of team nice people with good attitude
Pros
Yes company offered free lunch if our team reached the target of the month
Cons
Yes long hours
Very good factory
Factory worker (Former Employee) –  Manulai18 May 2014
Good worker in company willing to work full time and have a good atitude, responsible to work
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Full time
Very good boss
INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Nelson, New Zealand14 March 2014
Always busy.
PLC programming.
Management well organised.
Co-workers very friendly and hard working.
It was always good on the job.
trouble shotting was most enjoyable.
Pros
Supportive team
Cons
nil
Excellent team
Electrical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Putaruru, N4 March 2014
Never know what the day will bring. Plenty of action around the plant. A lot of ground to cover. Many "customers" to satisfy. Excellent team & team spirit. Good relationship with management.
Pros
Staff sales
Cons
Weekend work & call-outs
Productive work place
Pallet Repairer, Floorsman (temp) (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, S21 February 2014
On a typical work day you will be picking small orders on a wheel cart and then stack onto a pallet which is wrapped and then taken away to be loaded into freight trucks.
Cons
Short hours
Raw Materials Controller, Paper Bag Division (Former Employee) –  penrose15 November 2013
very healthy work enviroinment so friendly it's awesome place to work.
Pros
good envinroinment to work.
Cons
very poor health and safety envinroinment
Balanced work life.
User Admin/Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand9 August 2013
A very enjoyable workplace with pleasant colleagues. Always looks forward to working everyday as getting along with everyone is not an issue. I have learned different technical aspects of the company's core applications and infrastructure that have developed my skills as an IT support. Always looks forward to acquiring new skills and abilities in the field of IT. The most enjoyable part of the job is supporting and resolving customers' issues. The hardest part of the job when the IT team itself takes a while to resolve the issue.
Pros
None.
Cons
On call.
Productive but very challenging.
Maintenance Fitter and Turner (Current Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand18 November 2012
Get feedback throught out the whole machine from opperators. Do improvements or strip parts just to get a more of and understanding of how it works. I have learned that the operators are the key to me making my job successful as they hold the most information and experience on the machines and us as engineers need them. The hardest part of my job is to get management and the opperators to be aligned. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see my machine run continously at a high speed without any mechanical breakdown.
Pros
i have full responsibility of the corrugator
Cons
i have no one to fill in for me when i go on holiday which i always come back to lots of work, that was not completed while i was away
we play table tennis at smoko
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kinleith Tokoroa nz15 July 2012
A very nice place to work at and has been for the last 28 years we have brought our 5 children up while working at the mill
Pros
work
Cons
loss of jobs
Awsum people to work with have made life time friends
Stacker Operator (Former Employee) –  Kinleith, Tokoroa, New Zealand22 June 2012
This job involved 12hr shifts, 4on 4 off. We started with 2xnightshifts-a
24hr break then 2xdayshifts. 7till7.
Lots of time to spend with family/hobbies etc. Although if the shifts could have been changed to starting with the day shifts rather than the nights, as the fitters etc ran their shifts, less tiredness would have been avoided.
Excellent co-workers as a whole.
Constant effort into attaining Zero harm and safe work practises.
Pros
excellent super scheme
Cons
starting the rotations on night shift