Cash Converters Employee Reviews

Such a negative environment
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Island5 November 2019
Well where to start. Dodgy deals giving money to people who can't actually afford it and charging ridiculous amounts of interest. Cash converters is the most discusting place to work. They don't even test there electric components I mean every single OP shop has to get all there second hand goods checked by an electrician but not cashies. There rip off artists giving bugger all for people goods and the managers well there the worst kind of people the staff are bullies
Worst Job ever!!
Personal Finance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pukekohe, Otahuhu and Manukau5 October 2019
I wanted a job closer to home so when I got the position in the Pukekohe branch, I was so happy. Worst mistake of my life!! I had to do training in Takanini for 2weeks which I did not mind. But then they moved me further to Otahuhu which was meant to be 2weeks. I was there 2 months. Then I was moved again to Manukau. I hated every day I worked with this company. Alot of promises were made but never were they actioned.
Would not recommend
Buyer (Former Employee) –  North Island1 March 2019
The management within store and head office is horrible. The way staff are treated is disgusting. Staff turn over in the particular store I was is was extremely high and manager was a known bully. He has a long history of bullying people out of jobs, including myself. The company does not support staff and does numerous 'dodgy deals' and incorrect applications for loans pushed onto staff by management to make sure numbers/targets are met.

The only positive was the few staff members I worked with. Who were extremely supportive and shared similar opinions.
Cons
Bullying, poor management
Welcome to the Circus
Credit services (Former Employee) –  Lower Hutt, Wellington13 February 2019
High staff turn over and 3 Team leaders that don’t communicate with each other leads to a rocky boat. Every day someone is leaving. A new rotating roster is being implemented without discussion and the staff are dropping off like no tomorrow. The management team are not managers or leaders, they sit at their desks all day and palm their jobs off to newly appointed supervisors. The training program is being left infront of a computer for days on end wondering what your meant to be doing. Breaks are short as they want productivity. Phones are to be left in lockers, to bad if you have children. The remaining team (down to 5) are lovely although they want to leave too, everyone talks very negatively about Cash Converters and the team leaders
Pros
Pay rate is good! Customers are lovely.
Cons
The 3 team leaders or managers need to go, they are the face of the business and they are an absolute embarrassment, right down to the body odour and dress sense. The rotating roster will never work, that’s why they have had 19 team members leave in 8 weeks! Over 200 staff in less than 18 months!
Okay place to work
Cashier/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato25 November 2018
I learnt a lot at cash converters about customer service but management wasn’t that good a lot of drama was happening between people and then other people would get involved most enjoyable part for me was serving the customers having great conversations and also learning of my work mates to
Pros
Lunch
Travelling to new places
Store Manager/PFC Operator (Former Employee) –  Ninapark5 October 2018
Working with a team. Travelling to new places .Learning about new technologies . I do get tired travelling long hours.I enjoy working with different cultures
Pros
Public Holidays .Over time
Cons
Long hours .always a dead line to complete site before schedule
Cash Converters
Buying second hand goods (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland27 September 2017
Working in three different departments is a bonus. It helped me be able to multi task and learn different areas of the company and develop more skills for the near future.
Pros
Free lunches
Fun Workplace
Team Member Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Otara, Auckland13 September 2017
Every day was awesome as I got to do different jobs each time. From working on computers, to talking with customers, to merchandising the store and even working out the back with a little bit of Inventory work.

I loved working here. I learnt how to be a Responsible Lender as I was part of the Finance Adviser. I got a License for Pawnbroking as well. My favorite part would be working together with such a great team and working with new people (customers) every day.

From high supervisors/Management I learnt to always maintain a positive look on work/life - to always be motivated and have that hunger to do better than yesterday.
Pros
Working with diverse cultures
Cons
Working weekends
Left feeling horrible.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington6 July 2017
Says they are there for you then stab u in the back with your personal information they wanted u to share to make sure ur safe. Told lies in my review e.g leaving wrk early on numerous occasions nd taking break I didn't seem to know about.. tried to point out a flaw in their system but got blamed for fraudulent behaviour. Thought management were real nice til they decided to by what someone was saying and Not by what they said they saw, which was all hard work for no reason shot cash converters call centre.
Experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington21 June 2017
A typical day at Cash Converters is doing the most and going out of your way, not for the buisness itself but for our customers. The management/Leadership team are friendly, keep you on your toes and are just like another colleague. Waking up knowing your going to work to make even 1 customer smile or delighted just keeps you going back. Definitly a friendly bunch and is like a 2nd family. You have your bad experiences with customers, but thats probably 1 to 100.
Pros
The experience you get with happy and not so happy customers. Family atmosphere. Comfortable.
Cons
Bad raves and comments about the company.
Great atmosphere
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Takanini, Auckland4 January 2017
Working with such a fast developing company really gets the spirits jumping as you learn something new everyday. Being a bonus cash converters hires fun and outgoing team member who make going to working everyday very enjoyable
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Customer Wary
sporty
Personal Finance Officer (Former Employee) –  Pukekohe, N26 January 2016
loved serving cutsomers and meeting there needs always doing different things at work so no two days were the same lots of respect for everyone there at rebel sports
Pros
discounted food
Cons
grumpy cutsomers
Innovative and rapidly changing business
National Risk and Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand3 October 2015
Business is spearheaded by innovative and calculated leaders and managers though the industry is taking a hit in Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom right now.
A typical day at Cashies
Sales Representative/Storeroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Tauranga7 July 2015
Cash Converters was a great place to work, and i'll always cherish my time there, the friendly staff, and great managers, made it a joy to work there, the pay was pretty average, but it was such a good place to work, it was work overlooking, I regularly went out of my way to help, and did everything i could, the days were, full of work but also fun.
Pros
friendly staff/managers
Cons
average pay.
good experience
sales assistant (Current Employee) –  onehunga cash converters27 August 2012
i started my career from cash converters which gave me a good experience about retail and excellent customer service, plus experience in handling phone calls.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
less working hours