Cash Converters
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Cash Converters Employee Reviews

It was a great place to work but unfortunately job security was the issue for me as a temp worker. I would have loved to stay but due to covid I was let go
Dealing with customers who are mostly in tight situations, needing money and doing all they car to get it. The buys department is always crazy busy with minimal staff so employees never gets breaks before 2pm, also never got our two 10 min breaks either unless you smoked it seemed. Sometimes it felt morally wrong what we did for people and management are highly strung, hard to get help from and constantly pick on little things to threaten your job with. It was awful. I left there with the worst anxiety I’ve ever had.
Pros
Colleagues in your department understand, Discount, meeting interesting people and seeing some cool stuff
Cons
Communication, push for sales/deals, poor management, stressful
Personnels positifs aux un peu stressants, m’ont beaucoup appris et m’ont lancer dans la vente.
heure supp non payé, comptez une demi heure par fermeture, les responsables sont irrespectueux et faux, prend tout le monde de haut.les patrons n'ont aucune parole (ne jamais prendre d'engagement avec eux, ils ne les respectent pas).un conseil au nouveaux, notez toutes vos heures supplémentaire.
Pros
aucun
Cons
heure supp non payé, ambiance dans le magasin, objectif pratiquement irréalisable
I could of just been the franchise I was in but being paid minimum wage and basically doing a managers job is stressful and not rewarding in any means.
Pros
I started working for Cash converters slap bang in the middle of this pandemic. After passing the interview stage and doing a trial, being approved by the manager in the Stratford store. I was first sent for training to a Cash converters store in Bethnal Green for two weeks where each and every single staff member were genuinely interested in training me up for all the things I would need to know before being assigned to my home store and trained me up properly to make a start in the Stratford store where again the entire team made me feel very welcome and have been extremely patient and all of them have been willing to help me learn all parts of the trade as I displayed the aptitude and willingness to also want to learn. Good customer service is essential in this business and you must be focused and have your wits about you, the entire team helps each other throughout the day with all the tasks and it all depends on the individual; you get out what you put into it, if you’re not lazy, willing to work hard, pay attention and have a good attitude then Cash converters in my opinion is a great place to work. I was also placed on furlough through the November lockdown and given constant reassurances that my job is safe, the company does very well to be fair with its staff.
Pros
Great ambience and positive people
Cons
No cons for me
I would not recommend you working to this company. There are too many toxic people in there. Not just the customers but also the staff members and management. You may think they are nice but they are nothing but a snake and backstabbers. This company pays you low money and expects you to do a lot of job! It is not a great environment and very stressful! These are the reasons why I left the company because It's not worth it! Thank God I found a better job! Never apply a job to this company!
Pros
There are no pros on this company.
Cons
Very toxic environment! Not a great workplace to work at all.
Place closed down. Started by combining stores down to two. All my staff were let go. I got moved to another store. I got moved to a location that I did not want to be at. Ended up finding another job elsewhere
Pros
Close to home, loved the staff.
Cons
Stores all closed
Cash converters are smart retail and you can turn the job into a career, its fun when buying right and selling stock at the right price.Startedfrom the bottom as a cashier to a senior buyer
Pros
Free lunch when target reached
Cons
nefasta como empresa, engañan con contratos de formacion, pagando en negro, luego te hacen uno dd 20hs y curras 48hs y cobras la mitad en dinero negro, no meten nada en nomina, vamos una mafia dw cuidado, sobre todo las tiendas de zona sur de Madrid.
Pros
tienes un curro
Cons
te tratan de usar y tirar, se aprovechan del trabajador
My service was terminated. I was still working in my probation period. No reasons were previously discussed with me. I was treated unfairly. I don't have a problem with the CEO but with the branch franchise.
Arnaqueur Le responsable est un voleur et un menteur,
Loved the work place! Manager and team were all super friendly and supportive. great working environment. pay is minimum wage, however you can hit bonuses and pay cab=n be rised if you have good customer service. lovely place to work!
Pros
1 hour break and bonus
Working in small team feel like small family. Everyone helping everyone. Love there every minute. Every day was different and fun. Helping costumer understand what they want and listen them wen needed.
Pros
Discount for saff
Cons
extra hours on top
Working here is fun there is always something new coming out from the back area and everything is put in there right place. The people that work there are very friendly and passionate about what they sell
Pros
Make friends
Cons
Short lunch break
I hated this place so much. The manager encouraged staff to do whatever they could to rip customers off (this was actually said in morning briefings in those words!) some staff were OK at my branch but there were also some that were very irritating and wouldn't do their jobs properly or even care that someone else had to do their tasks for them because they didn't do it correctly the first time!
Pros
It's a job if you need one bad enough
Cons
Too many to count
Management and HR are a JOKE. They do not care about you at all as an employee, you are just expendable regardless of whether you work hard or not. There are no employee incentives and you are treated poorly. You are always expected to drop everything and work up to 7days a week. No work-life balance. In my years at Cash Converters I noticed their dealings were very unprofessional. Do not waste your time and apply here I promise it is not worth it at all. A lot of current employees are trying to find a way out! Don’t put yourself in this position. They are terrible people.
Pros
Cons
Over worked, no time off, bad management and team leaders who take no responsibility and use you as their scapegoats, very toxic workplace
worked so hard at cashies. Was promoted to management pretty quickly and dropped like a bag of crud quicker. In my 2 and a half years I saw too many people come and go. One even leaving in a police car.
Pros
Cheap video games
Cons
Everything smells like german roaches and the boss is really stupid.
Do not work for this company EVER. You are expected to do unpaid overtime EVERY WEEK. Management will use anyone as a scapegoat for their own incomptencies. Bonuses can be taken away without discussion.
Pros
Cons
Over worked, underpaid and undervalued no matter how hard you work.
It is a good company to be working in, although the "promotion" of staff is normally done externally by hiring new people for available positions instead of offering the vacancies to staff that are already experienced in the business, unfair on that sense. Good to learn about different types of aspects of the business, from Log Book Loans, to Pawn Gold/Silver, Personal Loans and Buybacks.
Pros
Good environment; Good work schedule
Cons
Low wage (minimum); Fast paced; Stressful
If you like working long hours to make your boss lots of money while you get very little for the work you do then go ahead. I was the assistant manager for 6 years and staff turnover is huge. You are not rewarded for your efforts and family members of the director who are useless are pushed to the top. Avoid like the plague.
Pros
Get first pick of stock with a discount
Cons
Working there.
  1. Employee Reviews