Cash Converters Management reviews

Would not recommend
Buyer (Former Employee) –  North Island1 March 2019
The management within store and head office is horrible. The way staff are treated is disgusting. Staff turn over in the particular store I was is was extremely high and manager was a known bully. He has a long history of bullying people out of jobs, including myself. The company does not support staff and does numerous 'dodgy deals' and incorrect applications for loans pushed onto staff by management to make sure numbers/targets are met.

The only positive was the few staff members I worked with. Who were extremely supportive and shared similar opinions.
Cons
Bullying, poor management
Welcome to the Circus
Credit services (Former Employee) –  Lower Hutt, Wellington13 February 2019
High staff turn over and 3 Team leaders that don’t communicate with each other leads to a rocky boat. Every day someone is leaving. A new rotating roster is being implemented without discussion and the staff are dropping off like no tomorrow. The management team are not managers or leaders, they sit at their desks all day and palm their jobs off to newly appointed supervisors. The training program is being left infront of a computer for days on end wondering what your meant to be doing. Breaks are short as they want productivity. Phones are to be left in lockers, to bad if you have children. The remaining team (down to 5) are lovely although they want to leave too, everyone talks very negatively about Cash Converters and the team leaders
Pros
Pay rate is good! Customers are lovely.
Cons
The 3 team leaders or managers need to go, they are the face of the business and they are an absolute embarrassment, right down to the body odour and dress sense. The rotating roster will never work, that’s why they have had 19 team members leave in 8 weeks! Over 200 staff in less than 18 months!
Okay place to work
Cashier/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato25 November 2018
I learnt a lot at cash converters about customer service but management wasn’t that good a lot of drama was happening between people and then other people would get involved most enjoyable part for me was serving the customers having great conversations and also learning of my work mates to
Pros
Lunch
Fun Workplace
Team Member Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Otara, Auckland13 September 2017
Every day was awesome as I got to do different jobs each time. From working on computers, to talking with customers, to merchandising the store and even working out the back with a little bit of Inventory work.

I loved working here. I learnt how to be a Responsible Lender as I was part of the Finance Adviser. I got a License for Pawnbroking as well. My favorite part would be working together with such a great team and working with new people (customers) every day.

From high supervisors/Management I learnt to always maintain a positive look on work/life - to always be motivated and have that hunger to do better than yesterday.
Pros
Working with diverse cultures
Cons
Working weekends
Left feeling horrible.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington6 July 2017
Says they are there for you then stab u in the back with your personal information they wanted u to share to make sure ur safe. Told lies in my review e.g leaving wrk early on numerous occasions nd taking break I didn't seem to know about.. tried to point out a flaw in their system but got blamed for fraudulent behaviour. Thought management were real nice til they decided to by what someone was saying and Not by what they said they saw, which was all hard work for no reason shot cash converters call centre.