Christchurch Casino
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Christchurch Casino Employee Reviews

New Zealand8 reviews
i like working in casino chefs are helpful, i learnt basics from there and some butchery skills as well.prepare platters for aspinals, salads for buffet.
A shocking display of bullying by managers. One year working here I've seen the most cases of bullying in any work environment. HR manager protects upper management. The CEO lies and pretends to care - he will hang you out to dry if you dare speak out.
Pros
these some good staff to have a laugh with
Cons
Bullying, mis use of power, unfairness, people passed retirement still wirking
- This is one of my best place that I had worked. I learnt a lot of new things, gain more experiences and could work underpressure.
- My workmates are nice and always help me to the work. We had lots of fun eventhough the work was hard on busy time

- The treament for staffs was really good, a high salary and shuttle services for staffs all the time. All the staffs got 50% off for food and drink when dining in restaurant.
Pros
The salary is good, the meal is free
Cons
Pros: Staff always leave so heaps of room for quick employment progression.
Free greasy food.

Free ride home with questionable drivers (they drive down the wrong side of the road and speed, hit on staff etc.)

Pay is average to upper-average for entry level work.

Professional HR department.

Reliable breaks on time (mostly).

Some very nice staff.

Free laundry.

Leave almost always gets approved easily.

Cons: Food is GREASY and notoriously unhealthy (chips, nachos, mice, sausages, mac n cheese, pies) and you cant leave the building on shift. Expect to put on weight.

Failing, old equipment that makes your job harder.

Unfair shifts, some get all the night shifts, some get all the normal hours.

8 hours between shifts at times.

Work all public holidays.

Unprofessional staff, bullies, favouritism etc.

Clientele who are often under the influence, of poor hygiene, sleazy, abusive and disgruntled.
Fun, interesting place to work. Challenging with lots of new things to learn. Great for night owls, not so good for those who like a good nights sleep
Pros
Very flexible with work hours/time off
Cons
Night shift
It was a voluntary day at the Christchurch Casino to box Christmas gifts in a neat way into boxes that were later given out to the customers. There were about 5 other teenagers including me. It was enjoyable packing the boxes with Christmas goodies. It wasn't difficult and was a good 4-5 hour job.
Pros
Free lunch and drinks
When I got to work would check what job you were put on eg waitressing, host, cashier, bar, pass, runner. Then depending on what job you were doing would depend what you would do next eg if you were the host you would draw a map make sure tables set up correctly with the correct settings marked of the bookings and knowing what is free. When customers come would seat them. Management were really good, the managers would work with us and therefore felt like part of the team. The hardest part of the job was being able to perform at your best for long periods of time if it is busy but most of the time was ok and got a chance to refresh. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great team as we always socialised together were really good friends. Also got to know the regular customers and was always happy to see them.
Pros
free food, drinks, cheap carparking, uniform washed and ironed, free health insurance, flexible with hours and holidays needed
Cons
sometimes hard to get a break
Its a fun to work as a game dealer. I really love games. Thats the main reason I became a game dealer. You can make a lot of friends there. The food is free. (not many choices though) and free transport home in the early morning. You can have 15mins break every hour, sometimes you can have your next break in 40 mins or you can have a double break if its not busy, but sometimes you have to work up to 1 hour 45mins. It really depends...

Sickness is a problem when i worked in there. Flus, coughs happened a lot. Peaple say when you work night shift a lot your immue system doesnt work very hard and customers carrying flu or other disease might spread to you.
Pros
free food, good benefit, fun job
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Christchurch Casino?